Disk Check in Windows-10 Explorer!
With Windows-10 you can start the error checking of the disk quite fast via the file explorer,
by simply starting the Microsoft Explorer with the [Windows Logo + E]
shortcut key. Now open the This PC. / earlier Computer) and right-click on the drive or partition to be checked. A menu will appear, just go to Properties of the drive and then click on the corresponding disk (hard drive) which should be checked for errors.
See also: ► Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 for unnecessary files, how to?
| (Image-1) Check the HDD or SSD from Windows-10 Explorer!
| (Image-2) Check the C Driver in Windows-10!
In the window that opens, click on the "Tools" tab in the Error Checking group box and click the Check button.
Then the window with the options for the data volume check opens,
Then just click on the button
"Start", (... see Image-3
If you are not an Admini, you may be prompted to enter an administrator password, please contact the network administrator.
Scan drive if no check required, otherwise check media, usually takes one to two minutes depending on the drive size!
| (Image-3) Error Checking Local Disk in Windows-10!
Updated on: April 13th 2018 20:32
Keywords: explorer, disk, check, windows-10, with, start, error, checking, quite, fast, file, simply, starting, microsoft, windows
Similar information on the page
Here in the manual it explains how you can restore the location of the default user profile folder on Windows 10. You can move folders from the profile... more
I have not so much time, and i dont like Videos a good FAQ is easier and faster for the users and for me, I prefer to write a windows program... more
To display system volume information in the Q-Dir explorer view, Q-Dir must be started with administrative rights or admin mode Please start the File-Explorer ... more
With the Windows 10 update it can happen that the CD or DVD drive is not displayed in the file explorer These errors can occur if Windows 10 is no longer ... more
Windows 10, as a good operating system for every user, has many settings to apply, but there are a variety of hidden commands. It is very convenient... more
Questions for this:
- How to check Windows 10 files?
- Check data for errors under Windows 10?
- Windows check?
- Windows 10 Scandisk is missing?
- Win 10 for error checking, troubleshooting for free?
- Scandisk Windows 10, windows error checking file allocation?
- Can Windows 10 automatically fix write errors?
- File system error automatically Correct not possible, is there scandisk on windows 10?
- Correct bad sectors under Windows 10?
- Win7 Scandisk or Windows 7 error checking?
- Scan Disc at Win 10 message in case of incorrect login change, or a program to check files?
- How to Run Windows Scan, Missing Debugging Tool for Windows 10?
- To check Windows 10 corrupt file, to successfully scan computer for errors?
- Check data software, how can you check Windows 10 for errors?
- How can I check my pc window 10 for errors and automatically check folders for new files?
- Win 10 internal debugging program, how can I test hard drives in Windows 10 computer?
- Where can I delete corrupt files from Windows 10, scan system and files in web for errors?
- Check Windows 10 external hard drive for errors, find faulty files?
- Windows error scan windows 10, did data cleared after hard disk check?
- How can I repair a faulty hard drive under Windows 10?
- Automatically correct Windows file system errors, how can I find and correct errors?
- Win 10 faulty patition, check system errors, check for free?
- What to do with a file system error, how can I check folders for errors, windows 10 home?
- Windows 10 scan disk?