How to enable/disable folders size ToolTips in Windows-7/10/8.1 Explorer?
Here is the solution to enable or disable the folders size Tool-Tips in Windows-7 or Window 8.1!
Folder Size It is really easy to enable the folder size column in the Quad Explorer
, there are also in Windows 7 hidden Microsoft Windows feature to see this important information, as well as server systems, this feature is often used by Windows administrators, but also finds newer home Devices, such as MS Surface Pro and GO more and more followers.
1.) To enable or disable folders size ToolTips in Windows!
(Image-1) Folder Options
To enable or disable folders size ToolTips in Windows-7 Explorer please start the Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E] and then press [Alt]-Key!
menu Windows 7
In the main menu please select
"Tools" and the menu entry "Folder options..." (Screenshot-1)!
In the "Folder options" Dialog click on the "View" tab (Screenshot-2).
And now disable or enable the option
"Display file size information in folder tips" (Screenshot-2)!
See also: ... folders size in a column
But this feature shows not always the correct folders size information at big folders! (See the Screenshot-3)
(Screenshot-2) Windows Seven folder size in tool tips
(Screenshot-3) with and without
folder size tool-tip
In the "Folder options" Dialog, you can also change the follow settings:
[+] Files and Folders
[ ] Always show icons, never thumbnails
[ ] Always show menus
[ ] Display file icon on thumbnails
[ ] Display file size information in folder tips
[ ] Display the full path in the title bar (Classic theme only)
[+] Hidden files and folders
[ ] Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives
[ ] Show hidden files, folders, and drives
[ ] Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
[ ] Hide extensions for known file types
[ ] Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
[ ] Launch folder windows in a separate process
[ ] Restore previous folder windows at logon
[ ] Show drive letters
[ ] Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color
[ ] Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
[ ] Show preview handlers in preview pane
[ ] Use check boxes to select items
[ ] Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)
[+] When typing into list view
[ ] Automatically type into the Search Box
[ ] Select the typed item in the view
2.) Folder Size in Column of the File-Explorer View!
The folder size will be ignored for sorting. Because of performance problems eg when navigating. i will enable this in next version!
From Vista, there are no extensions for the MS Explorer. On this occasion, I have it now in Q-Dir programmed and integrated. To keep the space: I have used the column "size" for show the folder-size information. And the column "type" for folders and file number for each folder, including subfolders.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 and 2)
| (Image-2) enable / disable folders size in Column in Quad-Explorer!
FAQ 27: Updated on: 18 July 2019 00:40
To Enable or Disable Remote Assistance connections to Windows-7 Coputer please open the "System Properties" Image-1 Open System Windows 7 1. Please open
This is not possible in new Windows-7 Explorer But Some external file manager, like the famous Quad-Explorer Q-Dir has this feature
Microsoft has the "Internet Explorer 8.0" installed on Windows 7. I have tested the: "FireFox 3.5, Safari 3.52" and "Opera 10". Image 1: browser on Windows-7
It is easy to activate the Preview feature in Windows 7 Explorer To enable or disable the Preview feature in Windows 7 Explorer please start the Explorer
Image-1 Start the Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7 To start the Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7 please start the MS-Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E]. Please
O Yes Windows 7 supports the CoolnQuiet power-saving features. But you dont need the CoolnQuiet Driver on Windows 7 for AMD CPUs. In my test reduces
This is not possible in Windows-7, XP explorer dont work on Win-7. But you can use the alternative file manager, like the Quad-Explorer Q-Dir was feeling
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Win 7 disable explorer tooltip?
- Windows 7 determine folder size windows explorer?
- How to enable folder size server 2012?
- How to show tool tip of folder size in windows 8?
- How to desable folder option in win7?
- Server 2012 folder size column blank?
- How to enable folder size windows 7?
- Windows 7 folder size tool?
- Folder tips?
- Windows folder size tools?
- How to check the size of a folder in windows 7?
- Windows 7 folder size ajust box remove?
- Windows 7 show folder size?
- Enable drive size explorer?
- What are folder tips?
- Folder size display windows 7?
- Folder Size Tool Windows 7?
- I dont like the folders size ToolTips in Win-7 Explorer, how to Disable this feature?
- Change Home Directory size on Windows 7?
- How to hide folder size?
- View folder size in explorer?
- Windows explorer folder size plug in?
- How to show size of folders windows 7?
- Folder size windows 7?
- Windows 7 show directory size?
- How to hide folder size in win 7?
- Folder size disable?
- How to display big folders size in windows?
- Showing size of folders in a list windows 7?
- Windows 7 explorer always show size?
- Windows 7 folder size column?
- Windows explorer show empty folders?
- Windows7 disable tooltip?
- Enable Windows 7 Tooltips?
- How to enable folder size in windows 7?
- How to see folder size on windows 7?
- How to enable never show (display) directory size in win 7?
- Windows Explorer Folder Size?
- Windows 7 enable disable directory size?
- Win 7 where are folder tips?
- Folder size in windows explorer?
- Windows 7 accessory that shows folder file size?
- How to see folder size in windows 7?
- Changing size of folders in windows 7?
- Folder size windows enable?
- Plugin folder size window 7?
- How to view size of folder in windows 7?
- Disable tooltips windows 7?
- Size of folders window 7?
- How to hide folder size information?
- Tooltip folder for pc?
- How to increase folder size in windows 7?
- Windows explorer enable file size?
- Windows 7 dir size?
- How to view size of folders in windows 7?
Keywords: windows, seven, enable, disable, folders, size, tooltips, win7, explorer, Questions, Answers, Software