Disable or enable mouse pointer trails in Windows 8.1, 8 or 10 and customize other mouse options!
To change the magic mouse pointer trails on Windows 8.1 or 10 use the Mouse Properties option window!
The quickest way to open it, is:
1. via the Windows 8.1 Control Panel and a click on the Mouse icon!
1b. Or using the keyboard shortcut Windows + R and the command control.exe /name Microsoft.Mouse
(... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
2. In the Mouse Properties window, click the mouse Pointer options tab
3. And in the group field to enable or disable visibility of the mouse pointer trails (... see Image-1 Point 1 and 2)
- You can adjust the length of the mouse track trails (... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
- Or hide mouse pointer while typing. (... see Image-1 Arrow-5)
- Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key (... see Image-1 Arrow-6)
See also: AlwaysMouseWheel, Mouse wheel over any inactive window. So you save a couple of clicks.
and: ... small portable Windows application that allows you to hide the mouse cursor.
FAQ 177: Updated on: 12 May 2020 22:40