I´ve tried Q-dir for abt a month now and I use Win SP3 IE7.0, cant really say what version of Q-dir it was since I didnt check before uninstalling it and now I will not install it again. Anyway the zip-file was downloaded nov 25 2008.
1. Copying or moving files from any dir locks that dir, blocking all other activity.
2. When creating new subdirs the main dir (in left window) doesnt update not even when you open it.
3. When moving or copying it just hangs for a while after finish.
4. When you erase a folder you get an error message saying that that folder doesnt exist anymore. Rather than just move to an existing folder.
5. Finally I decided to uninstall Q-dir (ticked for remove the settings) on the two comps that I had it on and after that Windows Explorer started to behave very strange, crashed and took for ages to move files etc. I cant tell for sure that this had something to do with Q-dir but Im relatively sure it did since the same problem occured on two computers after uninstallation.
I had to restore my drives from the last backup to get rid of the problem.
So what can I say, I will not install Q-dir again, unless I have a clear statement that these bugs are fixed.
However I must say, I really liked Q-dir when it worked, it was a very good alternative to explorer. So please keep working on it.
Happy New Year!
Q-dir is Downloaded thousands of times
There are no known
Test your system please
Perhaps, and with Q-Dir 3.45