Address bar rules in explorer views, almost like in MS Windows Explorer!
The Address Bar rules in Explorer Views of Q-Dir
are almost like in MS-Windows Explorer! Valid for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, ... and all Windows server OS!
As a Windows beginner, some of you are not familiar with the rules of the address bar, here are a few answers and small examples of how you can use or enter folder / directory paths in the individual Explorer views.
1.) General address lines rules when adding path values / information
.. = An even higher, or changes to the parent directory / folder! (two points)
Empty address bar = Refresh (Without characters)
Q-Dir supports all environment variables for directories / folders!
2.) Correction rules (using folder path examples):
RED marks from Q-Dir 5.76!
C = C:\
C: = C:\
C:/Windows/ = C:\Windows\
C://Windows// = C:\Windows\
C:\\Windows\\ = C:\Windows\
C:\Windows\System32\.. = C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\..\.. = C:\
at ver 5.77
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe =command-prompt run cmd.exe
3.) From 6.86 it includes at the end a backslash "\"
C:\Windows = C:\Windows\ (... see Image-1)
► ... change the address bar in Explorer-View to Classic or modern Windows 10!
► ... disable the click navigation sound!
► ... Select folder from List View enable, disable!
► ... change the list view to details!
| (Image-1) Backslash in Address-Bar at-the-End!
The instruction for address bar path rules is not an example Windows 7 and 10, This screenshot has been snipped created under Windows 7, however, you can use this solution for earlier versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems, whether it's a personal Windows desktop Computer, tablet-PC, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
Please use always: ... the latest of the Alternative Windows Explorer Q-Dir!
4.) Back via the address bar in the Explorer history!
You can also see the current path in the address bar in the classic address bar, which you can see in every Explorer folder that shows 4 explorers, but do a right click on the arrow button in the navigation area
Here it is practical to jump backwards and forwards (forwards and backwards) directly in the course of the history using the forwards and backwards buttons in the address bar of the file explorer. So you click on the arrow button with the right mouse button and then simply select the folder in the menu to which you want to switch in the course!
Each Explorer has its own history and navigation interface, which greatly shortens the mouse path and saves time!
| (Image-2) In the address bar back in the Explorer views history!
5.) Use the directory structure in the address bar!
Using the directory structure in the address bar is very popular and saves space on smaller screens, if you use 4 Explorer, you have the advantage of using the directory structure in the Explorer views without losing space and can also quickly benefit from the classic and modern address bar without familiar navigation via the Explorer directory structure!
| (Image-3) Directory structure in the address bar is used by every Explorer!
6.) Change the folder faster via address bar menus!
Jumping from folder to folder is also possible in the modern address bar, as with the buttons on the right and left of the address bar!
( ... see image-4 points 1 to 3 )
| (Image-4) Address bar menus of Explorer views and folder selection!
FAQ 92: Updated on: 14 June 2020 12:21
The solution is quite simple to start Quad-Directory-Explorer with the last Windows position and view setting Content / Solutions Tips: 1. Activate
The solution is simple to start Q-Dir with last window position and view settings 1. Start the Explorer Q-Dir always with last window position via menu,
The lines and buttons at the root in the directory structure of Q-Dir are helpful in Windows 7 and Win 8 + 8.1 Here the system favorites folder are displayed,
At Windows Vista and Windows 7 and 8 you can enable or disable the Windows Explorer file grouping in Q-Dir To disable / enable the file grouping in Q-Dir
The solution is simple to enable or disable the auto expand of the windows system favorites at program start in Q-Dir Explorer. Content: 1. System
The solution is simple disable all Colors in Q-Dir and highlighting Disable all Colors in Q-Dir and highlighting Tree-View
The solution is simple to display the last opened favorite or the name of the .qdr file in the explorer title bar Content: 1. The favorite files
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Find the classic address bar well the current path in the address bar is easy to see what I can see in each explorer folder that shows one of the 4 data carriers, so in a nutshell where exactly the folder is on one of the partitions is a good idea, but I click in a free area in the address bar, a large field appears in the address bar, what I did wrong in the address bar, can you also navigate through the address bar and not edit it?
- The back and forth buttons are practical, they are also convenient because they are part of all four address bars, so each file explorer has its own navigate back and forth across all buttons. The forward button can be clicked even if the file explorer in question does not is active, or press the back button in the address bar  to navigate back in the file explorer . It is also practical that I can right-click the small arrow button on the right forwards and backwards to jump several steps forward or backward in the process . So I click the arrow button and just select the folder I want to go to from the menu?
- If there are buttons in the address bar a directory structure, can you use them or use the navigation area in the address directly for example. Where are these Explorer options located?
- Ask for tips on how to use the address bar in Explorer, the address bar is used for several useful things that I would also like to test, you can see the path or the address of the current folder via the address bar, which is very practical, you can also in the address bar also navigate through the folder structure?
- The path entry on the arrow button and the navigation area are good a menu opens, from the menu I can choose where you want to navigate regardless of whether computer, Windows 10 libraries or desktop, in this way I can switch from one place to another very quickly or using the buttons to navigate with the address bar is simply do not need a directory structure?
- Navigating through the address bar to open a drive or folder or directly into the address bar tool bar when I enter a letter, the Explorer recognizes it and also displays the folder in a list similar to XP Explorer, I do not need any arrow keys or to Jumping the keyboard to the respective folder, the address bar is sufficient?
- backslash "\" in the Address-Bar at end of the Path String I allow myself a suggestion of improvement. When copying the path in the address bar, would it be possible to include at the end a backslash "\" ? Because when I save a file, I come in Q-Dir and copy the path and when I paste it in front of the name of the file to save, you must always add a \.
Keywords: address, rules, explorer, views, almost, like, windows, q-dir, ms-windows, valid, server, 10, 8.1, seven, Questions, Answers, Software