The device failed the performance test - Samsung?
The message "The device did not pass the performance test" on Samsung LED TV is quite annoying!
I had the same problem with my USB 3 stick ... Transcend JetFlash 700 32GB !
But that doesn't have to give you a stomach ache!
This is due to the fact that the Samsung test is designed for FULL-HD, most channels are usually only HD or SD. Only ServusTV broadcasts in FULL HD. So the TV recording works anyway.
If you want this error message to be bypassed, format the USB stick as normal on your SAMSUNG LED TV.
Even better: do the formatting beforehand on the Windows PC with NTFS, then no formatting is initiated by Samsung, only the test.
Content / Solution / Tips:
Tip: Samsung goes off and on loop: ► https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDzOSdfA41s
1.) Bypass Samsung's performance test!
You need a Linux operating system, here you can also use a Linux operating system that can start from the DVD or CD, you don't have to install it.
After successfully starting Linux (e.g. Parted-Magic
), open the USB drive that was formatted by the SAMSUNG television! (Attention ROOT rights required under LINUX)!
In the CONTENTS folder you will find the file named .PVRPfmChkLog. ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-1
First, display the hidden files (this is also available in Linux :) ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-2
Right-click on the file . PVRPfmChkLog
and in the selection menu select OPEN, CHOSE
(... see Image-1 Arrow-3
Tip: I copied and changed the file on a problematic TV, then overwritten the original.
| (Image-1) Bypass USB-STICK performance test on Samsung LED TV!
Now select the Hex Editor! wxHexEditor,
in this case under All Apps!
( ... see Image-2 Arrow-1,2 and 3
) Then just click OK!
| (Image-2) Samsung TV passed performance test!
Now just change the starting number from 30 to 31 in the hex editor and save!
So now the USB stick is also accepted by the Samsung TV. ( ... see Image-3 Arrow-1,2,3
For me it was also the case that I tested loads of sticks on my SAMSUNG television and the error message " The device did not pass the performance test
" did not always come up more :-)
| (Image-3) Never again did your Samsung TV fail the performance test!
2.) What should you watch out for and what can happen!
If it is formatted again by Samsung or the performance test is started by chance, the process must be repeated. You shouldn't use very slow USB sticks, there are usually no problems with HD and SD when recording TV, you should use a larger stick and try not to write up to 100%. It always works with Parted Magic
, some users and I almost only had failures with other Linux versions. As I said, I only had to copy the file for a problem Samsung TV, changed it and then overwritten the original. Otherwise always straight away.
Have fun with the TV recordings Greetings Nenad
FAQ 26: Updated on: 28 August 2023 07:13
The answer is very simple, why the AMD processor is always behind INTEL in the benchmarks, despite the same or higher CPU frequency The assumption that
The solution is very simple to query the cell phone credit As a rule, checking the cell phone credit is free By calling the number *100# or *101#, shortly
Windows’ automatic updates are very useful and close many security gaps in Windows. Disabling it is sometimes still sensible If you carry out tests on the
If an EXE file is blocked in the Windows firewall, the * .DLL files that are called by the EXE file program are also blocked The. DLL files are function
If you have installed a new graphics card and the symbols and other objects show shadows or striped, flickering lines , the solution is very simple It is
Open or edit a PSD file on Windows, the solution is simple The Photo shop Document PSD is one of many Adobe Photoshop file formats. The PSD file can be
The solution is very simple if the TV reception and the picture quality suddenly deteriorate. 1. If possible, test the picture on the same connection with
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- The way I described it on the page it works,?
- Device performance test failed Recordings TV?
- Samsung TV won't record on Transcend Jet Flash 300 32GB USB stick?
- PVRPfmChkLog 2014?
- Transcend stick on Samsung TV and external hard drive failed performance test?
- USB stick no longer passes performance test samsung?
- I have the problem that the TV doesn't pass the performance test. Then I came across your link and tried it out right away. The only problem is that I can't edit the files on the USB stick. Error message: "File in Read-Only Mode. Can't save file"?
- Samsung USB stick performance test failed?
- USB performance test failed?
- Samsung Failed Performance Test, why does Samsung say the device failed the performance test?
- Samsung LED TV recording to external hard drive failed?
- Samsung failed performance test?
- Samsung device performance test?
- No TV recording on the SAMSUNG with Verbatim 8GB memory stick USB 2.0 stripe !?
- How can I bypass the Samsung performance test?
- Samsung smart tv USB performance test failed hexeditor?
- Tv Samsung USB performance test failed?
- Samsung tv hard drive failed performance test?
- Stick tv recording test failed?
- Samsung tv USB stick failed speed test what can I do?
- Stick samsung tv recording performance test not bestsandne?
- I suspect it will work with Parted because of the write permissions.
- TV recording on the SAMSUNG not possible with Transcend JetFlash 700 64GB USB stick USB 3.0?
- I also tried some Linux, but it only worked with Parted.
- Why can't the Samsung.LED TV format the USB stick?
- I've done it several times with different USB sticks!
- Samsung tv USB stick performance test failed?
- Samsung TV recording on stick no longer works, USB hard drive has failed the performance test?
- Format Stik for Samsung?
- Problem with Transcend JetFlash 600 Extreme-Speed on SAMSUNG TV?
- Transcend JetFlash 760 64GB memory stick USB 3.0 on the SAMSUNG TELEVISION do not want?
- Did the device fail the performance test?
- Samsung device failed performance test?
- Performance test Samsung USB, Jetflash USB stick tv format recording?
- My USB failed the performance test?
- Samsung USB stick failed the performance test?
- Samsung TV USB stick performance test failed?
- Samsung tv hard disk recorder error message The device did not pass the performance test?
- Samsung tv usb performance test failed?
- Hard drive failed the performance test?
- I installed OpenSuse / Linux and then wxHexEditor in a virtual machine. I can't copy anything on the stick itself, let alone delete anything. The stick appears to be completely write-protected. What exactly do I need Parted Magic for? I only need that if I want to install Linux in addition to Windows 10 or not?
- USB recording Samsung model ue40d6500 USB stick performance test failed?
- Software ok the device did not pass the performance test?
- Usb stick Samsung hex editor?
- Samsung tv software?
Keywords: this, that, other, device, failed, performance, test, samsung, message, pass, quite, annoying, same, problem, with, stick, transcend, Questions, Answers, Software