Quad-Explorer new and old Window Tree-View?
The solution is simple to switch in Q-Dir from new to old Tree-View on all Windows 11, 10, ... or MS Server OS!
1.) About Tree-View In Q-Dir!
The new Tree-View in Q-Dir is faster, the old i created for Windows-XP.
Menu > Extras > Tree-View > Don't use W7/Vista directory structure
Activated: Don't use W7/Vista directory structure = Old Tree-View
Deactivated: Don't use W7/Vista directory structure = New Tree-View
| (Image-1) Q-Dir new and old Tree-View for Windows!
2.) Some info about Tree View!
1) I would be very happy if the trees, once expanded, could stay that way and not collapse every time after a short while.
2) Could the directory in the tree show up in the middle of the box and not, like WE, stay on the very lowest end below.
Will try to integrate in one of the next versions!
3) If the tree expands could it show all the sub-directories and not only the one actually used.
3.) Why so much wind around the file explorer directory structure!
Windows Explorer is the default file manager for most users. However, as a Windows shell, it is also responsible for the desktop and the taskbar and for much more.
However, the directory tree is not a masterpiece. I am also not satisfied in Q-Dir! Sometimes you want to have an overview of the entire directory tree of a drive and then it can take a while.
I am working on further options to make it even more flexible, as the address bar is extensive, the important folder structure should be able to do more, I will stay tuned!
FAQ 103: Updated on: 4 July 2021 15:28
Remove Q-Dir from Windows Autostart Startup, this example is for Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7 plus Windows Server Content: 1. Standard Remove from Autostart
The solution is simple to disable or enable Column Header in Q-Dir Listview Please activate or deactivate over: Main Menu > Extras > List-View > Column
The solution is simple to reset Q-DIR to defaults as in fresh install You can delete the start.qdr and q-dir.ini at install version is it in %appdata%
The solution is simple to Start Copy Paste in new Process in The File Manager Q-dir Please change the Option in Q-Dir: Menu ► Extras ► File Operations
It is easy to change font size in cells of Explorer Views, but this function is still in the development stage You can change the font size
To Show or hide the hidden files and folders in Explore View of Q-Dir, is also possible in the File Manager If you want to change the Settings.
When the File Manager runs under your admin mode and for example 7zip in normal user account a medium integrity level This is the security in Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows Explorer in Windows 10 has left out clever things compared to its predecessor, the navigation area on the left!
- I always wanted to change the directory tree view in Windows Explorer, Windows 10 only has the new directory tree as a view in File Explorer, this new view cannot be influenced!
- I've already searched in Wiki File Explorer with another path open on Windows 10, classic directory tree is great!
- Just set libraries in Windows again via This PC, had order, now I can deactivate quick access in Explorer!
- The navigation area in Windows Explorer exactly as I want it, with keywords file explorer, navigation area, Windows 10 or Windows Explorer I always land wrong always wanted the classic navigation area!
Keywords: q-dir, tree-view, new, old, windows, classic, 11, 10, seven, 8.1, Questions, Answers, Software