Wrong decimal symbol in Windows 10, how to change numbers formats?
You can easily change the wrong decimal symbol or other number formats in Windows 10, the solution is also for Server 2016, and W8.1!
See also: ► Mouse Double-Click problem at Windows-10 ► Start navigation click sound in Windows 10
1.) Open Customize Formats in Windows-10!
Please open the Customize Format Window in Windows 10. For example via Windows 10 Run Dialog and the command:
intl.cpl (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 and 2)
And now in the Tab Formats click the button Additional settings ... (... see Image-1 Arrow 3 and 4)
and change the decimal symbol and / or other number formats!
At this point, you can change the format for dates, times, currency, and measurements in Windows 10, and also change the sorting order of text to match sorting rules used in a specific country or region.
| (Image-1) Customize number formats in Windows-10!
2.) Change the char for decimal symbol or other number formats!
In the Customize Format Window (Dialog) change the decimal symbol or other wrong number formats.
Or reset to System default settings! (... see Image-2)
| (Image-2) In Windows-10 change the number formats!
One of the possible problems that may occur after installing Windows 10 instead of German letters in the programs, as well as in documents. More often, there is an incorrect display of the comma and decimal as it was initially set to English and not quite, but there are exceptions where it simply does not work.
See also: ► change the language in Windows 10 ► find auto startup folder in Windows 10
3.) Find the Region settings via Search in Windows-10!
Please start the Windows 10 Search via Search Symbol or Windows-Logo + Q keyboard shortcut.
Enter in the search box the text region and run (open) the Region Settings! (... see Image-3)
| (Image-3) Region Settings in Windows-10!
FAQ 146: Updated on: 8 June 2018 15:06
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Wrong punctuation used to separate numbers in Windows 10, how to change it?
- Windows 10 and Decimal symbol replaced by a comma wrong decimal separator?
- Change decimal windows 10 program?
- How to change decimal setting in windows 10?
- Windows 10 change decimal symbol?
- Change Thousands and / or Decimal Separators in Excel, PowerPoint on Windows 10?
- How to change default decimal settings on windows 10?
- Windows 10 list separator box?
- How to change list separator windows 10?
- How to Change the format used by Windows 10 to display dates, times?
- How to change the way your computer displays numbers in Windows 10?
- How to change decimal in windows 10?
- Widows 10 change numerical formats?
- Change comma to dot windows 10?
- Computers running Microsoft's Windows Windows 10 and wrong character used as decimal symbol?
- Change decimal system windows 10?
- How to change the displays of currency values on Windows 10?
- How to fix decimals on windows 10?
- Change system separator windows 10?
- How to change in win 10 numbers format?
- How to Customize Currency Format on Windows 10, the formats of the decimal symbol and other digit grouping symbol?
- The decimal symbol and list separator settings in Windows 10?
- How do i change windows calculator to decimal points?
- Change decimal point windows 10?
- Wrong formats used for positive or negative amounts in Windows 10?
- Changing decimal separator from comma to dot, can I easily change the wrong decimal symbol or other number formats?
- How to change decimal separator in windows, can i change numpad comma to dot windows 10?
- Windows 10 change decimal?
- Change decimal or list separator in windows 10?
- Windows server 2016 number format settings?
- Decimal slash?
- Windows 10 how to change decimal point?
- Still formats the numbers wrong when?
- Windows 10 comma in period?
- Windows change decimal seperator?
- I search for related tip for wrong decimal symbol in Windows 10, it is posible to are set to use a point as the decimal symbol?
- I hav a pastel error! the decimal/thousand separators for number, how to Fix this Language Problem for Unicode Programs in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 change decimal separator?
- List separator windows 10?
- Customize format windows 10, change numpad comma to dot all windows and ms server 2016/2012, how to?
- Wrong format used for negative numbers in Windows 10?
- I hawe a experience problems with the decimal symbol on Windows 10, when I press dot on numeric part of keyboard I get comma and programs uses as decimal separator. I would like that keyboard writes dot as, ho can I change this option?
Keywords: windows, 10, 8.1, wrong, decimal, symbol, change, number, formats, server, 2016, Questions, Answers, Software