How to create a system image on Windows 10 / 11 (backup and restore)?
You can create a system image of Windows-10, which contains a copy of Windows 10 and copies of your programs, system settings and files!
1.) Set up a system image under Windows 10!
Please start the Backup and Restore Center via command:
control.exe /name Microsoft.BackupAndRestoreCenter
in the Windows 10 run Dialog
| (Image-1) Create a system image on Windows 10!
Useful information from (c) Microsoft:
Windows 10 Backup provides you with the flexibility of managing the disk space that is used by your backups. After you set up Windows 10 Backup, you can view how much disk space is being used by the backup and how much free space you have on the disk that your backups are being saved on by going to the Backup and Restore Control Panel. To control how much disk space is being used, you can choose how many file backups and how many system images Windows 10 keeps. The following information can help you when deciding how best to manage your backup disk space:
Backups are created in sets known as backup periods. To help maximize your disk space, Windows 10 Backup backs up all selected folders the first time it's run and then it only backs up files that are new or have been modified since the last backup was made. Periodically, Windows 10 creates a new, full backup. Each full backup is known as a backup period. When you view your file backups, you see all of the backup periods labeled with date ranges. If you decide to delete file backups, you should always keep the most recent file backup.
By default, Windows 10 automatically saves as many system images as it has space for without taking up more than 30 percent of space on the backup disk. Once the disk starts running out of room, Windows 10 deletes older system images. You can set Windows 10 to retain as many system images as it has space for on the backup disk or to only keep the most recent system image. You should always keep the most recent system image. If you are saving your system image on a network location, you can only keep the most recent system image of Windows 10.
A windows 10 restore point is a representation of a stored state of your computer's system files. You can use a restore point to restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. Restore points are automatically created by System Restore weekly and when System Restore on windows 10 detects the beginning of a change to your computer, such as when you install a program or a driver.
System image backups stored on hard disks can also be used for System Restore, just like the restore points created by system protection for windows 10. Even though system image backups contain both your system files and personal data, your data files won't be affected by System Restore. You can create a restore point on windows 10 manually at any time by following the steps below.
2.) Windows 10 system image options!
Now you can select a drive of course external data storage media can be damaged due to data loss on the PC or notebook. And start the Backup.
One can decide in the following steps in person what everything should be secured.
Sometimes, not only can the System Archive be useful for deploying Windows 10 if it does not work to repair it, but also for extracting accidentally deleted important files that have been stored in the archive!
| (Image-2) System image Backup on Windows 10!
The elegant solution to create a system image under Windows is not only for Windows 10 written,
even if the system image is under Windows 10 Create screenshot has been made under Windows 10 as you can detect system image solution under Windows 10 shot screenshot. You can easily and safely apply this pretty good example as a solution for older versions of MS Windows OS, whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system.
The Windows 10 system image is then stored in a separate location from the original programs, settings, and files. You can use this image to restore the contents of your Windows-10 computer if your hard disk or entire computer ever stops working.
FAQ 97: Updated on: 24 July 2021 17:37
You can use Sticky Notes to write a short notice on the Windows-10/11 Desktop, or do anything else that youd use a pad of paper for Content / Solution
There are several ways to perform a search in Windows 10/11. The Desktop Search Shortcut is one way, to type in the search box at the top of open window,
The solution is simple to Save Search results in Windows 10/11 for example for always recurring search events in Windows 10/11 Important: ► Use the old
Some programs and features included with Windows 10, such as Internet-Explorer and some Services, must be turned on before you can use on Windows-10. Certain
Windows 10 and 11 sometime close a program or APP and then notify you if it determines that the program is either a security risk or incompatible with Windows-10/11.
The mouse pointer shadow can be easily activated on Windows 10 or 11 and deactivated again if necessary Content / Solution: 1. Change or enable the
The solution to activate the Window 10/11 Start Sound and also for User Logoff, or Logon / Login on Windows 10 and 11 This solution is also for other Microsoft
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:
- How do I make a system image on win 10?
- Wonder if you can create a repair disk as a system image on Windows 10 to be able to repair Windows 10?
- Create windows 10 system image?
- Does Windows 10 have operating system recovery or repair options, a recovery drive, and system repair media?
- Wonder if Windows 10 also offers repair data carriers as a system image?
- Create system image win 10?
- STEM IMAGE BACKUP on Windows 10?
- Windows 10 backup?
- Create windows 10 backup manually?
- How to create recovery USB drive for windows 10 to fix system errors or reset the computer from a recovery drive?
- Windows 10 system image?
- So where can I enter the recovery drive in the Windows 10 utility, choose a USB flash drive as the destination?
- Windows 10 system image shortcut?
- Can I create a Windows 10 recovery USB drive on a USB drive on my laptops?
- How can I create an image of my programs?
- System image under Windoes 10?
- Help where in Windows 10 the MS operating system is the repair solution or repair disk without Windows troubleshooting tool to get the state of the USB recovery drive system back to the factory state?
- Create system image?
- Create system image download?
- Programs for system image from tablet or on the MS surface PRO?
- Create Windows 10 system image automatically?
- How to create Windows 10 repair disk or recovery drives as system images so data recovery software for Windows to be easy to recover?
- Windows 10 where is the system image file saved?
- Find the option Restore from a drive or reinstall Windows system, or as a start-up aid?
- Create system image windows 10?
- What is a recovery image on PC iat recovery or system image backup?
- How to make an image of the hard drive?
- Create win 10 system image?
- Where does win10 save system image?
- How to image Windows 10 installed?
- Wil on the computer to make a system image to restore, is a method as an image of the entire Windows with personal files with system image possible?
- Windows 10 recovery drive in case of boot problems or create a system disk as well as the recovery drive?
- What can I do to have data loss on Windows 10 operating system with a hard drive so that I have a backup?
- Are you ready for Windows 10 startup problems to restore important data one day?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, ten, create, system, image, restore, settings, backup, Questions, Answers, Software