How to create at once several subfolders levels (commando-line)?
Via Command Prompt is to easy to create at once, several sub folders levels in every Windows Desktop 10, 11, ... and MS Server OS?
MKDIR is suitable for Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7, ... to XP and Microsoft Server 2019 to 2000, it also doesn't matter if you connect MHDIR to a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even to a server use the operating system.
Content / Info / Tips:
1.) Easily create directories with the cmd.exe!
Here is a simple example with 2 subdirectories (Folder1, Folder2) for each folder a separate command!
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 2AAE-9CF6
Directory of c:\1
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> .
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> ..
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> Folder1
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> Folder2
04/26/2018 03:47 PM < DIR> Meine_Freigabe
0 File(s) 0 bytes
5 Dir(s) 16,556,134,400 bytes free
2.) Create a folder with several subfolder levels!
Please start the Windows Command Prompt [Windows-Logo+R] and enter the command CMD.exe
In Command Prompt use the windows make directories command
For Example: (... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) Create at once several sub folders levels in all Windows OS!
The help file for windows MKDIR command!
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>mkdir /?
Creates a directory.
If Command Extensions are enabled MKDIR changes as follows:
MKDIR creates any intermediate directories in the path, if needed.
For example, assume \a does not exist then:
is the same as:
which is what you would have to type if extensions were disabled.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>
3.) Deletes all directories with all subfolders and files!
The command RMDIR or shortened version RD can be used to delete individual directories or directories with subdirectories.
Here in the example, the message appears in the prompt message that the directory is not empty. If you are sure that the full content directory should be deleted, simply use /s as an additional parameter . (see example)
ColorConsole [Version 2.5.1001 ]
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.48]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The directory is not empty.
C:\Users\Nenad\Desktop>rd c:\1 /s
c:\1, Are you sure (Y/N)? y
4.) Do not be confused by the folder item terms!
Different identifiers for one and the same thing here's a quick overview.
Directory = folder
subdirectory = subfolders = Sub-folder = sub-directory
folder structure = directory structure
folder tree = Directory tree
cmd.exe = command prompt
A directory or folder Creating the command prompt is really easy and suitable for Windows 11, 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, and older Windows operating systems.
FAQ 6: Updated on: 26 August 2023 09:24
In some cases well-known and displays all network connections and listening ports on Windows 10, 11, and MS Server Systems If you want to see a list
ALT+F4 or close window button, is not the right solution to close the windows command prompt correctly Content: 1. Right way to close the command Prompt
To do this, open/start cmd.exe or start the ColorConsole . You can change all file attributes using the Windows command prompt, which also makes sense for
The taskkill can be used to end one or more processes in any windows OS. With TASKKILL, processes can be killed by the process id or image name. There are
The solution is easy to make the Windows command prompt cmd window wider, to see more of the output text Content: 1. The new example under Windows
If you enter long file or folder paths in the cmd.exe command prompt the solution is very simple to avoid typos errors 1. Solution 1: Using drag
You can start programs with a specific process priority via the MS Windows command prompt cmd.exe, with help from the START command Here are the solutions
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Cmd odrner?
- Wondering how to create folders via script as an administrator and standard user on Windows 10 and 8.1?
- Create Windows 10 command line?
- Create Cwindows console folder?
- Cmd commands new folder?
- Create a folder with a command line?
- Cmd command if folder does not exist to create it?
- Cmd command new folder?
- Windows Path?
- Create a folder structure with Cmd?
- Create folders with exe?
- Windows mkdir intermediate directory?
- Create archives from ordener with console?
- Cmd command create folder?
- Cmd mkdir?
- Cmd Path?
- Windows cmd create directory without querying?
- Cmd folders?
- Create directory per cmd?
- How do I create a directory about cmd?
- Create a prompt directory?
- Cmd folder?
- Cmd directory?
- Create a windows 10 command directory?
- In Windows Console on Windows xp create directories with subdirectories?
- Creating a folder tree with command line CMD under Windows?
- Create multiple subdirectories with one command in Windows 8.1 or Server 2012?
- Create cmd ornder?
- Create folders via cmd create directory?
- Create cmd directory?
- Can one create and delete folders with the CMD?
- Create folders from command line?
- Cmd.exe create new folders?
- Creating folders in the cmd?
- Create folders dos md?
- Windows create multiple folders at once make directory?
- Cremte Directory remotely?
- Enable Mkdir command extension prompt?
- Using batch file to automatically create directory with cmd.exe?
- Mkdir command extension enable prompt?
- Create a directory in cmd?
- Cmd ornder?
- Cmd create directory?
- How to create a folder in cmd?
- Create a folder structure windows?
- Create folders with cmd?
- Create and delete directories not with PowerShell, creating or deleting a directory is with cmd.exe should somehow go to create it in batch files that can then automatically create subfolders, but how?
- Prompt to create folders?
- Cmd create folders in programs?
- In Windows 7, create directories with subdirectories at once?
- Window mkdir verezichnis available?
- I want to create with the help of a batch file, so only a folder automatically subfolder, is so what?
- How to create a folder through the command line?
- Windows prompt mkdir?
- Create a folder tree with command line CMD on Windows?
- Creating directories and deleting not using PowerShell to create or delete a directory is with cmd.exe supposed to somehow go into creating batch files which can then automatically create subfolders, but how?
- Create directories with subdirectories in the Windows Console on Windows xp?
- Cmd Directory?
- Cmd folder present?
- Window mkdir verezichnis present?
- Create infinite folders via cmd?
- Create directory in cmd?
- Cmd commands exe create?
- I want to use a batch file, so just create a folder that automatically has subfolders, does something like that?
- Prompt folder?
- Create folders with cmd.exe?
- With batch file automatically create directory with cmd.exe?
- Cmd Create Folders?
- Create multiple subdirectories with a command in Windows 8.1 or Server 2012?
- Script to create a script Windows cmd?
- Create folder create prompt?
- Create directories with subdirectories at once in Windows 7?
- Dos create directory?
- Create folders with cmd and give it right?
- Create folder with cmd?
- Create cmd odrner?
- Cmd command to create folder?
- Windows automatically generate folders cmd?
- Can I create and delete folders with the CMD?
- Wondering how to create folders via script as an administrator and standard user under Windows 10 and 8.1?
- Windows mkdir create intermediate directory?
- Cwindows console create folders?
- Commands create command prompt directory?
- Windows Explorer to create new folder with bat file?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, server, eleven, command, prompt, create, several, subfolders, levels, server, Questions, Answers, Software