Restore Desktop Icons Problem in Desktop-OK and Overwrite!
The automatic arranging of icons is the most common problem in DesktopOK
, when you restore the icon positions!
Please disable the auto arrange order for the Desktop Icons / Symbols in Windows (11, 10, 7, 8.1)! Sometimes this is unconsciously activated, unconsciously or through Windows updates, or moved or deactivated some icon position options in Windows 10 / 11 when restarting!
Please always use ... the latest version of DesktopOK.
1.) Disable icon auto arrange in DesktopOK!
Please open DesktopOK and open the Options Menu, select Desktop Auto-Arrange
(... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) Disable Desktop Icons auto arrange!
2.) Disable Auto Arrange via Desktop Right Click!
Please do a right click on the Windows Desktop and select View and disable (unchecked) Auto arrange icons.
(... see Image-2)
| (Image-2) Desktop Icons auto arrange Problem in DesktopOK!
3.) Overwrite existing entry from Ver. 4.99!
Right-click on the icon layout that should be overwritten (... see Image-3 Point 1 and 2)
1 - Highlight a specific Icon Layout from the list
2 - Right click on it
3 - Choose the Save symbol layout here (Update Layout) feature/option
| (Image-3) Overwritten Desktop Icons Layout!
Restore Desktop Icons Problem solution for: Windows 11, 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012
FAQ 20: Updated on: 4 April 2022 11:46
You can change in DesktopOK the save options for the desktop icon layout name on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Content: 1. Change options for
The solution is quite simple to increase the desktop icon symbols number on the Windows desktop to place more desktop icons on the desktop Content: 1.
To change the Windows Desktop Icon size and view, use Desktop-OK version 4.61 or later for all Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7, Easy customize the desktop symbols
The Difference: When Shut Down Save and Auto-Save on Shutdown on Windows Desktop and Server OS Content: Solution / Tip: 1. The automatic saving of
Please activate desktop in the foreground at click feature, and it does not matter whether it is Windows 11, 10, 8.1 or MS Server OS, it works With this
The solution is simple to translate the language in DesktopOK in new language on Windows 11,10, OS Please Download DesktopOK and click the Language
When the windows freezes and the program crashes Content: 1. Do you have any other software that does something with the desktop?
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to Backup and Restore Desktop Icon Layout in Windows 10/11?
- How to Force save desktop state?
- My bigger problem has always been that with the restoration of the desktop icons, after each restart, reset to an incorrect position by Windows?
- The Windows 11, 10, ... desktop icons are not restored after Windows update, why?
- If I click on the icons with the "Align to grid" command, they immediately jump back up into a horizontal row, it is possible that the icons on the Windows 11 desktop are left-aligned and arranged vertically, the icons are always automatically arranged horizontally at the top when starting, what am I doing wrong?
- When I click on an icon layout to save as * .dok, the Explorer opens to save the * .dok file. however, when I use 'Load icon layout from * .dok' the Explorer opens and I can select a file when I then click the 'Open' button nothing happens the desktop icons are not restored on the desktop, what am I doing wrong?
- When restoring a saved icon layout, the icons briefly jump to the correct place on both screens and then slide to the left on the respective screen or a line slides down. Do you have a solution to the problem?
- My desktop system ran perfectly until Update, the icons, desktop icon position with board means and restore is too expensive, hope there is another way to save the position of the desktop icons and restore them later?
- Save And Restore Desktop Icon Positions & Layout From Context Menu?
- Is there anyway to update an existing Icon-Layout versus having to always Save changes to a new Icon-Layout? For instance - I recall (restore) Icon Layout-#1 and make a small change. Now I want to save it back to Layout-#1. Currently the only way I know to do this is to create/save a new Layout with the change, delete Layout #1 and then got back to this new layout and rename it with what Layout #1 was called. Is there an easier way of doing this?
- The Windows 11, 10, ... desktop icons are not restored after Windows update, why? Desktop OK has not worked for 2 days. After the laborious process of tidying it up, the next time you restart it, it will be gone again. Is it due to the outdated version 8.0.8 or is Windows 10/11 to blame?
- Windows 10/11 desktop icons reset to the wrong position, and then problems with the Windows updates, I'm not sure, but I suspect the last update is causing bugs, I also noticed that booting takes longer.
- No, the automatic arrangement of the symbols is not active, I checked that, if error messages are restored, do I have to reinstall or repair Windows?
Keywords: desktopok, restore, desktop, icons, problem, Windows, ten, 10, seven, eight, auto, arrange, ie 11, Questions, Answers, Software