Formatting and partitioning the disk without Windows?
Suitable for this is the free tool, or the small Linux operating system, which can start from USB or CD (Linux emergency CD).
It has not only a partitioner, but also other hard disk tools such as Partition Image, CloneZilla, TestDisk, fdisk, sfdisk, dd, ddrescue etc, and includes file manager and web browser.
"Parted Magic" supports file systems: ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs +, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
Simply burn the ISO file and boot the PC from the CD in " Default Mode".
If "Parted Magic" has been loaded, start it in the "Partition Editor" and then format, copy, move or reduce the corresponding partition. (... see Image-1) and (... see Image-2)
You can also test the whole thing in advance and gain experience, as this also works in Microsoft (s) Virtual PC
... The download page of Parted Magic
or ... The download page 2 of Parted Magic
But, be careful! These actions already require the knowledge of an advanced user.
| (Image-1) Format and partition the HDD or SSD without Windows!
| (Image-2) Without Windows Format your HDD or SSD!
FAQ 5: Updated on: April 18th 2018 10:17
| Formatting or Quick Formatting?
However, formatting does not completely erase the data, it can be restored with a variety of software, whether it was a quick format, or normal formatting.
USB Net Gross Data Rate, USB 3, 2, 1?
The USB Net Gross Data Rate In Byte per second: NET GROSS USB 1 1.0 MB/s 1.5 MB/s USB 2 40 MB/s 60 MB/s USB 3 300 MB/s 625 MB/s USB 3.1 900 MB/s 1,25 GB/s
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- USB hard drive format without Windows?
- Wonder if I without Windows 10 the hard drive C Platmachen!?
- Today wanted to reinstall Windows XP on NER SSD Samsung EVO 960 and did not hingekrigt the formatting of C on Windows 10?
- Hard disk format without Windows operating system?
- Format Fat 32 on Windows 10 and Windows 81?
- Windows 10 chose more modern but I want to back to Dos?
- By default, Windows 10 installs on drive C, all programs are deleted when you delete this hard drive, I want back on Windows 98.?
- Uninstalling Windows 10 and back to Windows XP?
- Can you downgrade Windows 10 to Windows XP?
- Microsoft Windows 10 is not downgrade to XP?
- How to uninstall Windows 10 and back to Windows XP or Windows 7?
Keywords: filesystem, formatting, partitioning, disk, without, HDD, SSD, windows, 10, 8.1, free, tool, small, linux, operating, system, emergency, partitioner, Questions, Answers, Software