I am a font lover but what purpose does the font reader button have?
The font reader button is not hidden, I use it for time optimization and testing!
The user question
First of all, many thanks for your work on the Font View OK program
. The program is lightning fast and inspires me because I am a "font lover". I would like to inquire about the purpose of the "Font Reader" button? What can I do with it?
I am very fussy about program size and speed!
So a so-called millisecond counter!
Here I measure the time when reading in the fonts and try to optimize it as much as possible so that the key function is reached as quickly as possible and that is in Font View OK just reading out and listing fonts. I run a similar effort in all of my programs as in the Find.Same.Image.OK case, since I only improved the image comparison algorithm for 3 days in order to get over 100,000 images per second. Can you read here: ... the milliseconds and such! I am not finished yet because I have calculated that theoretically 10 million and more would be possible!
Back to the font reader!
As you can see, I measure the milliseconds even when reading fonts. Is such a mania of mine "Fast is not fast enough"
So I measure the time here, that is 97 milliseconds for 300 Windows 10 fonts actually it should get faster maybe there is something else! Just take a look.
I didn't hide the little measuring instrument, what a nice thing it is! After 2 years someone asked what that is!
| (Image-2) I am a font lover but what purpose does the font reader button have?
FAQ 10: Updated on: 29 August 2023 09:41
It is quite easy to delete fonts from FontViewOK 5.77 ergo to the Windows Recycle Bin on all Windows Desktop and MS Server OS A users problem: Hello my
Yes And it is easy to pass the font overview program on to every Windows user on Windows Desktops and Server OS 1. The automatic forwarding of the
Anyone can delete fonts under Windows, after deleting a font from Windows it will also be removed in all programs Everyone knows how to delete fonts under
Its easy and you can change the font size when comparing font types under MS Windows Desktop and Server 1. Adjust the size of the font when comparing
Yes you can use Font-View-OK as a Font Compare-Tool on new MS Windows 11 OS and use it without any problems Content: 1. Fonts comparison tool under
It is quite easy to see or view uninstalled or not installed Windows 11, 10, etc. fonts with the freeware FontViewOK , Content: 1. The listing
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I have anyone who is looking for more than 1000 fonts on the computer, the program that fulfills exactly this function, and does looking at the fonts what it is supposed to do, exactly what is what I am looking for, none of the more redundant software products of late?
- I want software that works quickly and easily, i.e. a line of text that shows all the fonts installed?
- Search for a, download for graphic printed matter so Font Viewer Free, which shows installed Windows fonts in tabular form and offers me a kind of text preview, practical would be that the displayed text is freely selectable, which should make it easier for me to select a specific font Font Viewer Free?
- Your own font file has bold letters and a font is usually installed, the separately defined variants are necessary, font details I need, Windows shows the font styles installed in the details of a font, need an alternative?
- Looking for additional information / tool to display fonts in all versions of Windows?
- Windows shows which fonts are installed and how they look, so I see all variants of a font, detailed view for this font.?
- To see which fonts are installed on my PC, Show Windows Fonts Overview?
- Where do you see a list of fonts, each represented in a different sample text in Windows 10?
- So how can I very easily choose the most suitable font without limiting the amount of fonts displayed?
Keywords: fontviewok, font, lover, purpose, reader, button, optimization, testing, work, Questions, Answers, Software