Office is being updated. Please wait a short time. Crash and error message!
The very rare case that when updating Office and - please wait for a moment - there is a crash and error message from MS Word!
What can I do in such a case is the question of whether data may be lost under MS Windows and Microsoft Office!
1.) Method-1: Troubleshooting, start + restart several times!
Here you should restart Word or one of the MS Office programs up to 3 times, if it doesn't work,
then restart Windows correctly and also start a MS Office program!
If it works everything is fine!
| (Image-1) Office is being updated. Please wait a moment. Crash and error message!
MSACCESS.EXE - application
error WINWORD.EXE - application error EXCEL.EXE - application
error OUTLOOK.EXE - application
The application could not be started correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
2.) Method-2: Troubleshoot, initiate repair of MS Office!
1. Windows + R key combination
2. Command appwiz.cpl
4. Right-click and select the "Change" option.
3. Mark MS Office
5. In the new window, select either Quick Repair
6. Or the online
repair from 7. Click on "Repair".
| (Image-1) Easy repair the Microsofts Office 365, 2019, ...!
3.) Why does Microsoft Office behave like this?
As is so often the case, it is an unfortunate coincidence or overlapping of various actions on the system, because the operating system is a multitasking tool that also performs other tasks in the background. It can also be disruptions in the Internet that lead to such errors, fortunately it is not a problem because most errors in Microsoft Office packages can be fixed quite quickly and do not require any textbooks or expert knowledge regarding Microsoft Office products.
FAQ 33: Updated on: 3 October 2022 10:30
Query the version of MS Office, product information name of your Office product and full version number Sometimes you dont know if youre using Microsoft
If you have an Office 365 subscription, you might need help from Microsoft. How to log a ticket from a client app, web app, or from your Office 365 account.
It is easy in MS Office Excel to separate cells in the table that are connected / merged and to reconnect them if necessary Content: 1. Separating
Its easy to use keyboard shortcuts in MS Office to open the options Options Keys sequence: Alt + F + T or Account keys sequence: Alt + F + D See also:
Microsoft Word is a word processing program that was first published by Microsoft in the early 1980s. Info: Users can enter and edit text in a graphical
Deleting or removing the text formatting in MS Office Word, Outlook or PowerPoint is easy Content: 1. Text formatting in Microsoft Word 2.
Changing or updating your email password / password in MS Outlook is easy if youve done it before Content: 1. Changing the password in MS Outlook
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Help Office cannot be opened, all programs have been updated, what can I do? What should I do if I get various error messages, should I try to start Office or reopen the application?
- I have Office installed, I also have an account. I like to stay up to date with Microsoft 365. I am also very productive when working remotely, but now I have an error message "Office cannot be started" or "Office is being updated", followed by a program error!
- Opening one of the Office applications does not work, what can I try to help the update on its way, should I repair or uninstall Office if an error message appears?
- After restarting my computer, MS Office 365 does not work, should I uninstall or reopen it?
- What kind of bug fix tool is good to fix Office step by step?
- Help my Office is busy, what is who the application is being updated, who can help, what should I add or remove or how can I work around errors when starting Office?
Keywords: microsoft, office, being, updated, please, wait, short, time, crash, error, message, very, rare, case, that, when, updating, moment, there, from, word, what, such, Questions, Answers, Software