How do I enable or disable the spell check in MS Outlook?
If you want to deactivate the automatic spell check in MS Outlook, this is the right place!
Typically, the spelling of words in your email messages is automatically checked when you type words in Outlook. Sometimes special names or terms, e.g. for example, the name of your organization, but not recognized and flagged as an error. Sometimes running the spell checker also causes Outlook to slow down. Hence, here is a simple solution on how to disable or enable spell checking in Microsoft Outlook.
1.) Activating / deactivating the spell check!
Step 1: Click on "File" then on "Options"
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail on the left bar .
Step 3: In the section, click the "Spelling and Auto Correction" button .
Step 4: in the left bar on "Proofing"
To activate the spell check, activate the option: "Check spelling while typing"
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6
| (Image-1) Activate or deactivate the auto spell check in MS Outlook!
2.) When you finish, run the spell check!
Once complete, desktop versions of Outlook will always be able to check the spelling of your email messages by clicking Check ► Spelling & Grammar.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-2) Do a spell check in Outlook Email Message if ready!
Check the spelling before sending a message ;-)
The exact steps to enable or disable spell checker in Microsoft Outlook may vary depending on the version of Outlook and the operating system on which you use it. However, here are the general steps for the popular versions of Outlook!
FAQ 43: Updated on: 20 September 2023 12:29
Changing the default paper size in Microsoft Office Word can be very beneficial if you are always using a specific size The standard paper format of Word
In MS Outlook you can quickly activate or deactivate the message sound in the options 1. Please open the options File ► Options 2. In the Outlook options
You can set up Microsoft Outlook so that the emails are automatically deleted as soon as they arrive Content: 1. Use a rule in the Outlook desktop
The status bar is a good source of status and information, at the bottom of the MS Outlook email client It is easy to change or adapt the information in
If you want to have more space for messages in the email list in Outlook as in Outlook Express earlier, you dont have to despair In the table / list view,
In Microsoft Excel , you can enter the same data or text into multiple cells at once using the following simple steps The classic marking of several cells
You want to clean up spam or trash quickly and not delete every email in Outlook individually Content: 1. Delete at once in Outlook? 2. Delete
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Find Outlook options for email spelling and autocorrect?
- Options to open Outlook Preferences to enable and then disable the ability to automatically check spelling in Outlook?
- I want to turn off the spelling and grammar check again, can't find the Outlook options?
- I don't want to automatically see Outlook's suggestions with the written word anymore?
- Where can I find the item Spell Check in Outlook? Please give suggestions for the correct spelling?
- Need step by step guide to enable automatic spell check in Outlook?
- The automatic spell check in Outlook does not work?
- Can I correct errors already marked during the text input or get some kind of suggestions from Outlook?
- Misspellings or grammatical errors in Outlook not working?
- Document checking settings determine whether Outlook checks the content of my e-mails for errors?
- Search email spelling and autocorrect?
- Outlook's proofreading tool to check e-mails for grammatical errors?
- Where are the Outlook Spelling and AutoCorrect options?
- Is there a document checker or spell checker that checks for grammatical errors as you type in Outlook?
- Find an Outlook Spelling ADDon Exemplary Error Markers?
- Where do I enable automatic spell checking, are there options to check spelling as you type in Outlook mails?
- Where can icj activate the spelling and grammar check so that Outlook automatically checks the text when composing emails?
- I find the proofing tool for written words or an Outlook spell checker?
- All Outlook versions can set a spell checker so that the e-mails are automatically checked for errors before they are sent.
Keywords: microsoft, office, enable, disable, spell, check, outlook, deactivate, automatic, spelling, words, email, messages, automatically, Questions, Answers, Software