How do I put Windows 10 into sleep mode (save energy)?
To go to sleep mode in Windows 10, it is very easy and useful, this Solution is also for MS Windows Server 2019, ...!
There are still big problems on Windows with the power options that is not only on Windows 10 so, here are simple solutions as you make changes to make the system more energy efficient. Pre-tip: If you have problems with Windows not going to sleep mode because it is prevented by background services and programs ► Please sleep Function
1.) Go to Sleep via Windows-X Keyboard-Shortcut
Please use the Keyboard-Shortcut [Windows]+[X] to see the WindowsX Menu and now select Shut down or Sing out and Sleep.
| (Image-1) Use WindowsX to go to sleep mode!
2.) Set Sleep-Mode in Windows 10 via Desktop Keyboard-Shortcut
Please press the Keyboard-Shortcut [Windows]+[D] to see the Desktop and now the Keyboard-Shortcut [Alt]+[F4].
| (Image-2) Sleep mode via Keyboard in windows 10!
3.) Create Windows-10 Desktop Shortcut for Sleep-Mode!
Right click on a free space on the Windows 10 desktop, select "New", "Shortcut"
Now, enter in the command for the Sleep-Mode:
Click the Button "Next". Please enter the name for the Sleep-Mode Desktop-Shortcut, for example Sleep or enter Suspend-State as name. (... see Image-3 Arrow 1 to 4)
And now: .... change for the Sleep-Button the Symbol (Icon).
| (Image-3) Desktop-Shortcut Sleep-Mode Suspend-State in Windows 10!
.... change for the Sleep-Button the Symbol (Icon).
Do a right click on the Shortcut select properties (... see Image-4 Arrow 1 and 2)
Click the Button Change Icon ... (... see Image-4 Arrow-3)
Enter the path of the icon file: %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll (... see Image-4 Arrow-4)
Select the Sleep-Mode Icon (... see Image-4 Arrow 5, 6 and 7)
| (Image-4) Change Sleep-Mode-Symbol Windows-10!
4.) Pin Sleep-Mode to Windows-10 Start via the Desktop Shortcut.
Please do a right click on the Sleep Desktop Shortcut and select Pin to Start (... see Image-5 Arrow-1)
| (Image-5) Pin Sleep-Mode-Button to Windows-10 Start-Menu!
See also: ► Shutdown - Restart shortcut ► Windows 10 create / enable guest account, how to?
Useful info from (c) Microsoft:
The Windows 10 Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your Win 10 computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player: The windows 10 computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.
The Windows-10 Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows 10, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use windows 10 hibernation when you know that you won’t use your Windows 10 laptop for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.
Win 10 Hybrid sleep is designed primarily for desktop computers. Hybrid sleep is a combination of sleep and hibernate it puts any open documents and programs in memory and on your hard disk, and then puts your computer into a low-power state so that you can quickly resume your work. That way, if a power failure occurs, Windows 10 can restore your work from your hard disk. When Win 10 hybrid sleep is turned on, putting your Windows 10 computer into sleep automatically puts your computer into hybrid sleep. Windows-10 Hybrid sleep is typically turned on by default on desktop computers.
FAQ 128: Updated on: 25 August 2023 12:31
Here is the solution to find and run the WordPad on MS Windows 10, to write an Text or Notice, the Solution is also for other Windows OS 1. Run
To enable Remote Desktop Server on Windows-10 Home, this Example is also for Windows 8.1 Home and 7 Starter Important
Change the screen resolution on Windows 10, you can do this via the control panel and new Display Settings, Heres the solutions Solution / Tips: 1.
If the free automatic upgrade to Windows 10 does not work, or if you have problems upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 Content: 1. Changing
Disable in Windows 10 the Aero-Peek Thumbnail preview for programs window and APPs, that fly out when hovering over the tabs in the Task-Bar Contents: 1.
Heres the solution on how to pretty easily disable animations in the Windows 10 taskbar and more options on the taskbar Content / Solution / Tips: 1.
If you have problems with the double-click speed in Windows 10/11, these can be resolved pretty quickly, this solution is also for Windows 8.1/7 1.
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Keyboard shortcut to sleep in windows 10?
- How to set sleep time in windows 10?
- Select sleep mode with keyboard Windows 10?
- Delay sleep mode windows 10?
- How to set sleep settings in windows 10?
- How to set sleep mode windows 10?
- Set Sleep Mode Windows 10?
- Windows 10 sleep shortcut?
- Adjust sleep windows 10?
- Location for the sleep button on window ten?
- How to sleep mode of window 10 using shortcut?
- Command line for setting windows 10 in sleep mode?
- How to sleep window of computer shortcut key?
- Set sleep mode on desktop?
- How to set up win10 to access sleep mode?
- Pin sleep on power button on windows10?
- How to set the sleep option for windows 10?
- Where to set sleep mode on windows?
- Standby button on windows 10?
- How to put sleep mode windwos 10?
- Sleep keyboard shortcut windows 10?
- Adjust sleep mode time windows 10?
- Shortcut key for sleep mode in windows 10?
- Set sleep in windows 10?
- Desktop sleeping mode on or off short key?
- How to setup windos10 sleep incon?
- Shortcut to sleep mode in windows 10?
- How to set up sleep for windows 10?
- How to set windows 10 to standby?
- Sleep mode settings windows 10?
- Sleep shortcut win 10?
- How to set sleep mode on windows 10?
- Windows 10 key combination for sleep?
- How to set sleep windows 10?
- How to set a time for windows 10 tablet to sleep?
- Windows 10 sleep mode shortcut?
- Sleep mode on the keyboard in windows 10?
- How to set sleep on windows 10?
- Where is Sleep Mode in Windows 10?
- Windos 10 sleep mood file name?
- Create sleep shortcut windows 10?
- The sleep timeout on this device is set to infinite?
- How to set windows 10 to sleep?
- How to adjust sleep mode windows 10?
- How to use sleep mode in windows 10?
- Creators update windows 10 lost sleep mode?
- Sleep bottom window 10?
- Shortcut sleep mode windows 10?
- Shortcut untuk sleep windows 10?
- How to set windows 10 on sleep?
- On windows 10, how do I set the amount of time before my computer goes to sleep?
- Win 10 sleep mode change?
- Setting for sleep mode window?
Keywords: windows, ten, 10, go, to, sleep, mode, desktop, shortcut, energy, efficient, power, options, Questions, Answers, Software