How to create System Restore Point in Windows-10/11?
The example how to Create a System Restore Point in Windows-10, System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings.
1.) Create a system restore point!
The System Protection must be enabled for the Hard Drive, which is to be restored.
Read this: ► Change the Windows-10 system protection to undo system changes!
Run the command sysdm.cpl or sysdm.cpl ,4 and select the Tab System Protection. Select the Hard disk which is to be restored.
And create the Restore point for Windows 10. (... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) Windows-10 Create System Restore Point!
Windows 10 System Restore uses restore points to return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time without affecting personal files. Restore points are created automatically every week, and just before significant system events, such as the installation of a program or device driver. You can also create a restore point manually in Windows 10. For more information about System Restore, see Windows 10 System Restore settings!
► Windows 10 desktop icons are so big, why, how to change this?
► Help, no remote desktop connection to Windows 10 possible. why not?
► How to turn On and Off the Tablet Mode in Windows 10?
► How to change the desktop theme in Windows-10 (download)?
► Is it possible with slmgr -rearm to extend the Windows 10 trial period?
► How do i find out what type is my Drive, HDD or SSD in Windows 10?
2.) Activating the computer protection!
1. Run the command sysdm.cpl or sysdm.cpl ,4
2. Select the Tab System Protection.
3. And activate the computer protection
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 8
System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings. It can also make changes to scripts, batch files, and other types of executable files created under any user account on your computer. System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file. If you have backups of your files, you can restore the files from a Windows 11 / 10 backup.
| (Image-2) Activate System Protection on Windows 11 or 10!
3.) And what about the shadow copies on Windows 11 and 10?
1. Start the ► Windows 11 Control Panel as always
2. F3 key and "file"
3. Open "File history" settings
4. Now, activate, deactivate or simply adjust the file history!
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6)
| (Image-1) Windows 11 and File history!
FAQ 183: Updated on: 1 October 2021 19:51
Windows-10 system protection is a useful solution to undo unwanted system changes or restore the OS, this example is also for Windows 8.1 / 7
The solution to Delete Auto Complete, Passwords and Form Data in Windows-10, this Internet Explorer example is also for Windows 8.1 and Seven Please start
The simple example to Reset Internet Explorer settings in Windows 10, the Solution is also suitable for Windows 8.1 and Seven Please close any Internet
The solution is simple to find and open the Send To folder in Windows 10, this example is also suitable for Windows 8.1 and Seven. The send to folder
The solution is simple to see if on Windows 10 is the Creators, Redstone, Update or it is installed Just use the key combination [Windows Logo + R] in
Disable or Enable Thumbnail Previews in MS File Explorer Windows 10, this Solution is also suitable for Windows 8.1 and 7
The solution: How to Open File Explorer Options in Windows 10, use File Explorer Folder Options to change files and folders function on your computer
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- In Insider versions, the system restore points are automatically set to Off. The reason is that with the new versions, the old system restore points can completely "demolish" the system. This is intended as a protective measure from Microsoft.?
- You have just updated your Windows 10 PC or installed new programs - and suddenly there are malfunctions or even system crashes. In order to be prepared in such cases and not to lose important files, you should regularly create recovery points. We show you how to get your computer or laptop to create such restore points manually or automatically.?
- When Windows 10 stops working properly, you sometimes have to reset the operating system to an earlier level. To do this, you need a restore point. How to create a restore point in Windows 10, we show you here on Windows 10 usually creates recovery points automatically. To be on the safe side, you should still check it out or create your own restore points from time to time. In the video we show how you do the system restore?
- To back up your personal files, it's a good idea to regularly create restore points on your Windows 10 PC. These save the current system status and are helpful in the event of problems. You can have Windows 10 automatically create such restore points or create them manually.?
- A restore point can often help after problems if Windows 10 does not start properly after an installation or an update. Some programs and also Windows itself creates restore points from time to time. But not always. So that you always have a system restore point available, you can create it automatically with the task planning.?
Keywords: windows, 10, 8.1, create, system, restore, point, windows-10, example, want, that, change, Questions, Answers, Software