Help Windows 11 and 10 doesn't have a registry editor, where can i find regedit?
There are also in Windows 10 a registry editor, if you for example wants to change registry entries, or edit, it is the most popular tool in Windows 10 for this task.
See also: ► AutoStart-Folder in Windows 10 ► Windows 10 without Microsoft Live-ID
1.) Start the Windows 10 Registry Editor via the Win-11/10 Run dialog!
To start the Windows registry editor in Windows 10 and 11 is a simple matter
1. Please press the key combination [Win-Logo] + [R]
2. Then just enter regedit and confirm
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-1) Run windows-10 Registry-Editor !
Info: The System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use regedit.exe (Registry Editor) to add, customize, change and edit registry keys and / or values, restore the registry from a backup (*.reg file) or to default values, and to import or export keys for reference or backup. For example via right click on the Registry Folder (Context Menu).
2.) Open the Registry Editor from the Windows 10 or 11 search!
1. Start Windows Search Windows logo + S
2. And enter regedit and start the Windows 10 Registry Editor
3. simply confirming [ENTER].
(... see Image-2)
| (Image-2) Start registry editor via Windows-10 search!
3.) The folder location of the Registry Editor plus desktop shortcut!
PS: With Windows 11 it looks different but works the same way!
The Registry Editor (regedit.exe) is located in the folder C:\Windows or %windir%.
1. Windows + R + "%windir%"
From here, it is to a lightweight to create via right-mouse drag and drop a desktop shortcut.
2. Or do Mouse Right Click, select "Create Shortcut"
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 5)
This solution is for all Windows Desktop and MS Server OS 2019, 2016, ... !
| (Image-3) registry editor folder and create desktop shortcut!
4.) Print the Registry or export / import!
Please open the Main Menu "File" (... see Image-4 Point 1 to 4)
| (Image-4) registry editor print, export and import keys!
Bad editing and changes in the registry may severely damage your windows system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up of data on your personal computer.
If you make a mistake that results in your PC not starting properly, you can restore the registry.
5.) Before changing registry entries, you can create a backup!
You can do as described above: ►► Export Export and import entries via the registry editor!
This also makes sense if you make major changes in a registry area and change or delete various registry keys and are not quite sure whether the changes are correct and, if necessary, the system or a program / app in question is working properly!
Here in the example of Acrobat Reader!
1. Right click on the complete folder and export
2. If you have made a mistake you can restore the values in the registry editor
3. Double click on: C:\Users\Nenad\Desktop\Acrobat Reader.reg
4. Restore adding old registry information
5. Do you want to continue? confirm with [Yes]
(... see Image-5 Point 1 to 5
| (Image-5) Registry entries backup and restore!
Fortunately, the Registry Editor was not removed in Microsoft's newest Windows and can still be used for example to change system settings
, that would be otherwise very difficult without changing the registry entries, for some changes on system settings you need administrative access rights
. This example is also for MS Windows Server 2019, 2016, ...!
FAQ 73: Updated on: 22 September 2022 05:57
Change the desktop background image in Windows 10 or use own pictures for the desktop wallpaper 1. Open the Desktop background settings in Windows
The Local Group Policy Editor is available in Windows 10 and 11, when you change policies for all users under Windows 10 or 11 or want to specify 1.
To extend the test period or to use Windows 10 without activation, you can continue to use the slmgr -rearm even with Windows 10 Home and Pro But, currently
The solution is simple to activate / disable the Navigation Pane with the Folder Tree in Windows 10 Explorer 1. Disable and enable the Navigation Pane
Dont worry, the Windows 10 has also the libraries that you can activate and deactivate when required for an individual work with the File Explorer under
Here is the solution to find the Auto Update settings in Windows 10, to disable the auto-update if necessary, or to turn back 1. Customize the Windows
The many folders in Windows 10 File Explorer can already be quite confusing, but you can individually customize the folder tree in the navigation area
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Microsoft 10 and Windows 11 where can I find the editor?
- How to delete win 10 and Windows 11?
- How can I check the registry for missing records?
- Regedit location windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do I find registration on Windows 10 and Windows 11 DVD?
- The Windows 10 and Windows 11 registry, where is that, do all Windows versions have a so-called registry, i.e. the old regedit.exe, have I heard that this is the central configuration database of the operating system?
- Where is the Registry window in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do I register in Win 10 and Windows 11?
- Search the registry folder?
- Where is the Windows 10 and Windows 11 product key registered?
- How is the registry structured, shows the registry key with a tree structure and the entire registry key?
- Open registry editor in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Regedit windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do I get into the Win10 and Windows 11 registry?
- Where can I find the Windows reg editor under Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where is the Windows 10 and Windows 11 registry window?
- Delete windows 10 and Windows 11 regedit?
- Can I undo the changes after changing the registry on my Windows operating system, what is best in order not to damage the desktop PC?
- Regedit windows 10 and Windows 11 download?
- Editor windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Search registry and delete entries in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- I want to navigate through the registry there is a registry explorer on Windows 10 and Windows 11 I want to change and adjust system-critical settings in the registry, which may make the system more stable and faster?
- Where to find registry editor in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do I get into the registry in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do I get leg win 10 and Windows 11 in the registry?
- Add Win 10 and Windows 11 registry entries?
- Regedit missing windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Browse registry and delete entries Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Add registry Clear win 10 and Windows 11?
- Can I affect the system if I change registry entries, what do the experts recommend is it sensible to make a backup if Windows stops working after the registry change?
- Where find regedit.exe in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Delete regedit properties win10 and Windows 11?
- How to find the registry in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to fix windows 10 and Windows 11 registry key?
- How do I get Windows 10 and Windows 11 to the registry?
- Where can I find the Windows editor on Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Can I find the Windows regeditor?
- Where can I find regedit in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Registry editor window 10 and Windows 11 and server 2016?
- Open Registry Editor Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to edit the registry windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where can I find the registrar editor in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Find the registry folder?
- Win 10 and Windows 11 regedit taskbar pinned programs edit?
- Find registry entries in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 regedit.exe download for free?
- Where can I find windows editor?
- How do I get into the Registry Win10 and Windows 11?
- Win 10 and Windows 11 delete a registry key?
- Registry windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where the product key Windows 10 and Windows 11 is on the registry?
- Find registry key?
- Where can I hack or adapt the operating system and installed programs using keys and make special settings that cannot be changed, manipulated, rewritten or deleted via the Control Panel and program settings?
- How can I check the registry for missing entries?
- I want to open and edit the registry under Windows 10 and Windows 11, but in 2 minutes I only found comments on the Internet, wonder if I can also open the registry in Windows 10 and Windows 11 to change settings that I cannot solve via the settings menu, we show me how to open the registry and whether editing is possible?
- Where is the registered editor for Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where's the registry editor?
- How do I find the Registry Editor in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where in the directory is the regedit located?
- How do I find registry on Windows 10 and Windows 11 DVD?
- Where regedit?
- Delete registry key windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where is Lava Web in the registry?
- Regedit win server 2016/10 and Windows 11?
- Where can I find the registry key, search programs to edit the registry in win 10 and Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 10, 11, ten, help, registry, editor, where, find, regetit, open, start, run, regedit, Questions, Answers, Software