Close correctly, the command prompt e.g. cmd.exe!
ALT+F4 or close window button, is not the right solution to close the windows command prompt correctly!
If you want to close the command prompt via right way, use the EXIT command in windows command prompt!
or Exit with exitCode!
| (Image-1) correctly close, the window command prompt!
The help file for EXIT command of windows command prompt!
Microsoft Windows XP
(C) Copyright 1985-2014 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>EXIT /?
Quits the CMD.EXE program (command interpreter) or the current batch
EXIT [/B] [exitCode]
/B specifies to exit the current batch script instead of
CMD.EXE. If executed from outside a batch script, it
will quit CMD.EXE
exitCode specifies a numeric number. if /B is specified, sets
ERRORLEVEL that number. If quitting CMD.EXE, sets the process
exit code with that number.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>
The command to exit the Cmd.exe correctly is suitable for: WWindows 10 (Redstone 4 & 5), 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008 .
FAQ 7: Updated on: 23 May 2018 07:16
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How can I leave the Cmd Dos!?
- Can I also close the cmd more elegantly instead of always shooting it down?
- I kill the prompt every time, but that must be possible otherwise?
- I can not close the command prompt with ALT + F4!?
- Cmd close command?
- Cdm shut down Windows operating systems as well as Server 2016, 2012, 2008?
- Quit Cmd command?
- Quit Cmd.exe, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
- Cmd closed per cmd, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
- Close Cmd, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
- Command to quit the cmd.exe?
Keywords: windows, command, prompt, close, correctly, cmd.exe, cmd, server, 2018, 2016, 10, 8.1, 7.0, Questions, Answers, Software