Close correctly, the command prompt e.g. cmd.exe!
ALT+F4 or close window button, is not the right solution to close the windows command prompt correctly!
1.) Right way to close the command Prompt!
If you want to close the command prompt via right way, use the EXIT command in windows command prompt!
or Exit with exitCode!
(... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) correctly close, the window command prompt!
2.) The help file for EXIT command of windows command prompt!
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.258]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Quits the CMD.EXE program (command interpreter) or the current batch
EXIT [/B] [exitCode]
/B specifies to exit the current batch script instead of
CMD.EXE. If executed from outside a batch script, it
will quit CMD.EXE
exitCode specifies a numeric number. if /B is specified, sets
ERRORLEVEL that number. If quitting CMD.EXE, sets the process
exit code with that number.
The command to exit the Cmd.exe correctly is suitable for: Windows 11, 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012
3.) When is a CMD / command prompt command finished?
| (Image-2) When is the command ended in the cmd!
4.) ... With some running commands you can use key combinations!
Here in the example the "tree /f" command on drive c:/
1. Cancel with the key CTRL + C
2. And exit the input prompt correctly with the command "exit"
| (Image-3) Abort / pause command via keyboard combination!
FAQ 7: Updated on: 29 May 2022 07:32
Via Command Prompt is to easy to create at once, several sub folders levels in every Windows Desktop 10, 11, and MS Server OS? MKDIR is suitable for
The solution to remove read-only or hidden file attribute via cmd in all MS Windows DEsktop 11, 10, and Server OS If you want to change the file attribute
The taskkill can be used to end one or more processes in any windows OS. With TASKKILL, processes can be killed by the process id or image name. There are
The solution is easy to make the Windows command prompt cmd window wider, to see more of the output text It can be annoying if you are working with the
If you enter long file or folder paths in the cmd.exe command prompt the solution is very simple to avoid typos errors 1. Solution 1: Using drag
You can start programs with a specific process priority via the MS Windows command prompt cmd.exe, with help from the START command Here are the solutions
With NETSH, it is conceivable to display the Wi-Fi or WLAN driver information under Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Please start the Windows command
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I can not close the command prompt with ALT + F4!?
- I kill the command prompt every time, surely it must be possible differently?
- W10 cmd close window after commando?
- Cdm shut down Windows operating systems as well as Server 2016, 2012, 2008?
- Quit Windows 10 command prompt?
- Exit prompts?
- If I can do a command in the command prompt, of course I want to close the entire command prompt!
- Quit cmd command?
- Close input window Windows 10 command?
- Command to quit the cmd.exe?
- Close Cmd, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
- Cmd closed per cmd, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
- Close input window Windows 10 command batch?
- Can I close the cmd more elegantly instead of always shooting it down?
- Close command line command?
- cmd close command?
- How can I leave the Cmd-Dos!
- Search for a simple key combination as cancel, so just cancel commands of the cmd to cancel the running, executed command in the command prompt, is that possible?
- Cmd command close program?
- Cmd close window command?
- How can I leave the Cmd Dos!?
- Close cmd per cmd, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
- commands console application close?
- Can I also close the cmd more elegantly instead of always shooting it down?
- Can I close the cmd.exe window after the command line, which I started in a separate window, can I somehow do it correctly?
- Close Windows command prompt?
- Close command prompt Windows 10?
- Is there a command that works in the command prompt to close it, i.e. always the current CMD environment?
- Cdm close all Windows operating systems as well as Server 2016, 2012, 2008?
- Command to close the cmd.exe?
- I thought that there was a command in the CMD to close a window safely and correctly, I want to close the window correctly and not terminate the process?
- What is the command to close cmd?
- I kill the prompt every time, but that must be possible otherwise?
- Close cmd window after calling?
- Hide cmd close window?
- Quit Cmd.exe, Server 2016, 2012 and Windows 10?
Keywords: windows, command, prompt, close, correctly, cmd.exe, cmd, server, 2019, 2016, 11, 10, 8.1, 7.0, Questions, Answers, Software