Understand a user profile under Windows 10, 8.1 and MS server!
Understand user profile, user, user account under Windows 10, 8.1 and MS server!
A user profile consists of a series of files and folders in which all personal settings, app settings, documents and other data are stored. A user profile is assigned to each user account. Usually it is stored in the folder C:\User\username and contains a number of subfolders such as desktop, documents, downloads etc., as well as hidden folders such as AppData, in which the settings for various Windows functions and installed apps are stored. This is good to know, for example. if, Change the Administrator user account on Windows 10!
1.) The main purpose of the user profile!
The main purpose of the user profile is to create a personalized environment with individual options that are tailored to the end user.
Here is an user profile folder
, desktop, favorites, pictures, own documents, start menu settings, templates, register entries, videos, music, ... etc.
| (Image-1) An user profile under Windows 10 created on drive D!
Windows 10.8.1 stores all user preferences and settings in a user profile. The user profile is a folder in C: \ Users \ It contains all account settings, such as the selected desktop wallpaper, the screen saver, the options of the file explorer and many others.
2.) View all personal settings!
I have briefly explained the difference between user and account names, whoever read this has actually understood everything.
above ( ... see Image-1 ) it is self-explanatory, even if the user profile has been created on drive D and all settings are saved here.
PS: the first account / user, whatever you call him, you may also want to leave c:\, in the worst case it can prove to be helpful and foresighted.
3.) What is special about this and why do I need to know that!
Well, as someone who always contacts someone when the Windows 10, 8.1, ... computer doesn't work, you don't need this knowledge, but if everyone were like that, we would drive another 1000 Years VW Diesel and complain that we no longer can breathe.
The knowledge of user accounts is of course to be enjoyed with caution and you should slowly work your way in to be able to fix the problems with the user accounts, make possible backups and simply expand your knowledge, especially since you have a lot of IT knowledge in every profession can better gain a foothold, nobody can sell you water as wine, or turn down a "cheat software", simply put, let's not be fooled.
Regardless of whether it is a standard user who becomes the administrator
, or a standard user is made a guest user
and vice versa, the helpful knowledge to the user, account, user, ... profiles is advantageous and brings a beginner a step further in understanding its operating system, which incidentally someone invented in the 90s, and which has therefore hardly changed for decades, ergo, it's nothing new.
Updated on: 27 April 2020 11:31
Keywords: user, understand, profile, under, windows, server, account, consists, series, files, folders, which, personal
Similar information on the page
It is simply and easy to switch ergo change the user accounts privileges in Microsoft Windows 10 And there are really many possibilities open and adapt
Here in the manual it explains how you can restore the location of the default user profile folder on Windows 10. You can move folders from the profile
We often work with files and folders, sometimes we lack an instrument that makes it easier. File Manager Explorer or My Computer in Windows is not always
Due to the running in the background Windows 10 Update can ever be a new installation of the printer driver required Some users of my program DirPrintOK have
Under Windows 10, 8.1, it is easy to copy or move files without directories Especially when you import photos from your camera, or SD card via or with
Share documents and images under Windows 10, is the same solution if you share the files Documents and images is only a file type ind the sharing, If you
Its easy to share files over LAN on Windows 10, the easy sharing of files allows this Info: File sharing is a very simple process, but not everyone is
It is easy to force logoff under Windows 10 there is a simple solution for all desktop and MS server systems You do not have to use external functions here,
The difference between account name and user name is unknown to many Windows 10, 8.1, desktop and MS Server users Terms such as user, account and login
APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- Edit default user registry windows 10?
- Can i windows 10 default user?
- Other users can also adjust the profile and make all changes so that you can select a user profile or even set up a new one?
- Where is the default user profile located in windows 10?
- Windows server 2016 copy user profile?
- I need a step-by-step guide on Windows 10 to understand a user account properly, I'm overwhelmed with the user profiles on Windows?
- I want to use several user profiles as useful for a Windows Home PC, for example, and understand the profile where are the important settings on the PC and the different types of user profiles?
- Windows server 2008 r2 default user profile location?
- What happens when I set up a profile, there are different types of user profiles, the local user profile, what is created here when I make changes to the local profile on the local hard drive of the computer?
- Windows server user profile?
- Help what can I imagine under Windows a user profile on MS Win 10, is not the user account and the profiles the same, why do I need it please explain it to me?
- How to create mandatory profile windows 10?
- How to change user profile in windows 10?
- Recreate default user profile windows 10?
- Copy profile windows 10?
- How to configure user profile in windows 10?
- Windows enabler windows 10 profile copy how to?
- Find the defprof windows 10?
- How to change default user profile location windows 10?
- I hear user profiles under Windows, since I have a user account I don't need to create a user profile anymore, the user profile has all my personal settings, for this I don't need a profile picture, for example, the desktop environment and other features are enough for me, who still needs everyone User account also one or more profile pictures in the account?
- I am not an administrator, but I like sharing and user profiles, if I want to overwrite new settings on Windows 10 on a computer, only the system administrator can create and change it?
- Windows enabler windows 10 profile copy?
- Windows 10 default user?
- Windows 10 copy user to default profile?
- Setup default profile in windows 10 from an existing user profile?
- Windows 10 default profile without sysprep?
- Windows 10 man profile?
- Copy profile windows 10?
- Windows server default profile?
- Can i customize default user profile windows 10?