Command to open Advanced sharing settings in Windows 10?
If you have a printer attached to one of your Windows-10 PC, you can print to it from any PC connected to your wireless or LAN network. The easiest way to share a printer is to select the Printers check box when you set up the Windows 10 Homegroup.
To sharing files and printers on Windows 10 / 11, with people in the network so they can access from any room in the house, you can do this via advanced sharing settings in Windows 10!
1.) Open the advanced sharing settings in Windows 10 & 11!
You can find the advanced share in Windows 10 Control Panel
1. i.e. Windows + R
and command: control
(<< Open Control Panel)
key and "share"
3. Now directly "Manage advanced sharing Settings"
in Windows 11 or 10
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 8
Quite simply under File and Printer Sharing, please click on Activate File and Printer Sharing and then click on Save Changes. ( ... see Image-2
You can also: control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter /page Advanced
no one can remember this command.
| (Image-1) Advanced sharing settings in Windows 10!
Connections to other computers in the home network group are usually managed on Windows 10. However, if you use the same user accounts and passwords on all computers, you can have the home network group use your Windows 10 account instead.
| (Image-2) Sharing files and printers on Windows 10!
2.) Set up folders for everyone in the network Share under Windows 10!
1. Please start the MS-Explorer for example with [Windows-Logo] + [E]
2. Navigate to the folder and open the selection menu with the right mouse button!
3. In the context menu
go to (select) Properties
and select the Security
4. Click the "Edit ..."
| (Image-3) Folder everybody permissions Windows 10 (free for all)?
3.) What should I watch out for in the advanced sharing settings?
Known error / problem with NAS:
| (Image-4) change advanced sharing settings in Windows-10!
Network detection in the Windows operating system is a network setting that allows you to determine whether other computers on the network can see your computer or whether your computer can find other computers and devices on the network. When network discovery is enabled, sharing files and printers over a network becomes easier.
4.) What do I have to consider about the advanced sharing settings in Windows 11 and 10?
Advanced sharing settings in Windows 10 and Windows 11 are important for ensuring your files and folders are shared securely and efficiently in a network environment. Here are some things to keep in mind:
Select network profile:
Make sure your network profile is set to Home or Work if you want to share files on a local network. Public network profiles are less secure.
Use access controls to control who can access shared files and folders. You can grant read or write permissions to specific users or groups.
When sharing folders, you can choose whether other users can view or edit files. Choose the option that suits your needs.
You can password protect shared files and folders to ensure only authorized users can access them.
Disable the guest account if you do not want non-logged in users to be able to access shared resources.
Enable sharing monitoring to see who has accessed your shared files and folders. This can be helpful in security monitoring.
Make sure your Windows firewall is configured to trust the networks on which you want to share files. Otherwise, the firewall may block file access.
File and Printer Sharing:
You can also enable file and printer sharing in the advanced sharing settings. Make sure this option is configured according to your needs.
Check file-level permissions. Even if you share a folder, individual files within the folder may have different permissions.
Inform users who access shared resources about safe practices, such as: B. setting strong passwords and only sharing files with trusted users.
It is important to note that correctly configuring sharing settings in Windows helps ensure the security and integrity of your data in a network environment. Review the sharing options carefully and adjust them according to your needs and security policies.
FAQ 125: Updated on: 26 October 2023 09:41
Windows Defender is anti-spyware software thats included with Windows 10 and runs automatically when its turned on is just as important as the SmartScreen
The Windows 10 XPS document Viewer is a Tool to view the XML Paper Specification .xps, file format. Dont forget: ► XPS-Viewer in Windows 11 install /
Here is the solution to find and run the WordPad on MS Windows 10, to write an Text or Notice, the Solution is also for other Windows OS 1. Run
To go to sleep mode in Windows 10, it is very easy and useful, this Solution is also for MS Windows Server 2019, Content: 1. Set Sleep in Windows
To enable Remote Desktop Server on Windows-10 Home, this Example is also for Windows 8.1 Home and 7 Starter Important
Change the screen resolution on Windows 10, you can do this via the control panel and new Display Settings, Heres the solutions Solution / Tips: 1.
If the free automatic upgrade to Windows 10 does not work, or if you have problems upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 Content: 1. Changing
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I do not have access to files, folders, but the network is active in Windows 10, but file sharing is not activated, what can I do by pressing Windows Network Share?
- Where is the network and sharing center, do I need the option to change what sharing settings do, or is the network detection broken?
- Win 10 advanced sharing settings?
- Advanced printer settings windows 10?
- Again and again the error message look for the advanced sharing settings, or the network to be able to access have Win 10 no access to folders?
- I have all the permissions but on the network resources I, as the server administrator, can't figure out why I don't have the permissions?
- Advanced sharing settings run?
- Advanced settings windows 10?
- Advanced sharing settings windows 10?
- I have no access to files, folders and even the network in Windows 10, what may not be activated, I want to solve this problem quickly?
- Change advanced sharing settings win 10?
- Advanced file sharing windows 10?
- Advanced sharing windows 10?
- Change advance settings for network in windows 10?
- Configure advanced sharing setting run comand?
- Windows command line network sharing homegroup options settings?
- Windows 10 advanced sharing?
- How to open the my computer advanced settings in windows 10?
- Wonder what about the network files on Windows 10 and the folder, Windows 10 have no access to files, folders and network what can I do?
- Windows 10 advanced sharing properties?
- Advance sharing settings?
- Advanced sharing settings windows 10 will not save?
- I find settings and changes to fix the error in Win 10 when no access to the network, so no access to the network is annoying, do I have other options to provide access to files, folders and the network?
- I have switched on the network detection PC in the network is visible, but file and printer sharing is not working, what's wrong with the file and printer sharing, what do I have to activate so that the files can be exchanged on the network?
- Advance sharing setting?
- Advanced sharing settings?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, command, open, advanced, sharing, settings, files, printers, folder, directories, Questions, Answers, Software