Estimated time of remaining battery life in Windows 11 system tray?
Windows 11 and 10 no longer displayed the estimated remaining battery life when you hover the mouse over the battery symbol, only the percentage appears!
Please note that it does not always appear in the taskbar in different versions of Windows 11, it is a taskbar bug that will be fixed in the official version!
Even though it's just an estimate, you might want to see it anyway. Fortunately, it is easy to display the estimated time of the remaining battery life in the Windows 11 taskbar to have an indication of the remaining battery life!
1.) Activate the battery life estimate via the registry!
1. Open the Registry key:
2. DWORD value EnergyEstimationDisabled in -EnergyEstimationDisabled rename
3. DWORD value UserBatteryDischargeEstimator in -UserBatteryDischargeEstimator rename
4. Right-click in the free area New> DWORD (32) EnergyEstimationEnabled
5. Double click on EnergyEstimationEnabled and the value 1 set
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 5)
Important! Restart of Windows 11/10 required!
| (Image-1) Estimated time of remaining battery life in Windows 11 system tray?
2.) Estimating the battery life Download registry scripts!
Download: ►► Battery-Symbol-Remaining-Time-Tip.zip
Use the first registry script to deactivate the battery life in the Windows 11/10 taskbar and the second to activate it!
(... see Image-2 Point 1 and 2)
| (Image-2) Estimated Battery Life Time Registry Scripts!
3.) Estimation of the battery life in the Windows 11/10 taskbar!
Even if it is only an estimate, the estimated battery life is displayed in real time, it can fluctuate widely and Microsoft does not seem to consider it useful anymore to recognize it in the system tray!
| (Image-3) Estimated time of remaining battery life in the system tray?
4.) Why did Microsoft hide the battery life estimate?
This information has been removed as it is not an exact measurement, just an estimate. It can change a lot depending on what programs and applications are running, or how bright your screen is. Likewise, the Wi-Fi or even the Bluetooth can influence the battery consumption on your tablet, notebook, laptop, surface, ... etc. computer!
5.) ... The battery life in the Windows settings!
Many users report that it is not displayed on their Windows 11!
You can also click on the battery symbol to see the battery life directly!
(... see Image-4 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-4) Estimated time of remaining battery life in Windows settings!
6.) ... With an external tool for battery status as a tool tip in Task-Bar!
With some Windows 11 NoteBooks, .... I just don't want it I have integrated it into this little tool at the request of the user, why not if it is possible!
The missing display under Windows 11 of the battery status as a tool tip in the taskbar that is not displayed on every notebook, laptop, ... Surface!
(... see Image-6 Point 1 to 6)
| (Image-6) For Windows 11 display of the battery status as a tool tip in the taskbar!
FAQ 152: Updated on: 16 May 2022 18:24
Anyone who has a notebook or laptop can simply see the battery status information under Windows 11; these options are not displayed on the desktop PC You
Windows 11 has an effective Trojan, virus, etc. protection and it is easy to run a full malware scan to be on the safe side 1. Complete check for
If you want to adjust the automatic playback, you can quickly search for help to adjust the AutoPlay in Windows 11 1. The new autoplay settings via
Almost all XP programs work on the new MS Windows 11 operating system and can be executed / started in compatibility mode if required 1. Run Windows
If you want to increase or decrease your font size on Windows 11 so that you can read it better, then you can change it from 100% to 225%, depending on your
Windows has always been offered with Home and Pro, some functions and extensions are only included in the Pro, so it is also under MS Windows 11 OS The
If immediately after the Windows 11 installation "Windows is being prepared" hangs for a long time and then an error message appears: We cant sign in to
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Remaining battery life is no longer displayed under Windows 11, what am I doing wrong?
- Battery usage data on Windows 11 in the taskbar?
- Windows 11 shows you detailed battery consumption in the taskbar!
- Estimated remaining battery life is not displayed in the Windows 11 taskbar!
- Windows 11 battery missing from taskbar?
- Battery data on Windows 11 without settings app?
- Lenovo battery indicator windows 11 show remaining time registry?
- Where do I show the battery percentage in the Windows 11 taskbar!
- Windows 11 Show battery percentage in taskbar?
- I think Microsoft has completely forgotten the battery usage data and battery settings in Windows 11?
- Search in MS Windows 11 settings on the notebook battery with the essential information?
- The addition of the battery icon on the desktop taskbar in Windows 11?
- Battery usage and battery settings on desktop taskbar in Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, estimated, time, remaining, battery, life, system, tray, display, when, hover, mouse, over, symbol, percentage, Questions, Answers, Software