Create Character Map Windows 7 Desktop-Shortcut to insert a special character into a document?
The solution is simple to create Character Map Desktop-Shortcut to insert a special character into a document in Windows 7 or 8.1, and Windows 10!
Please run the Charmap via Windows Run Dialog [Windows+Logo]+[R] and enter the command charmap or charmap.exe
(... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
See also: ... insert symbols from unicode character set in Facebook!
| (Image-1) Run e.g. Start Charmap in Windows-7 or 8.1!
And now open the File Location Character Map (Full-Path of charmap.exe) via Windows-Task-Manager!
Click (select) in the Tab-Strip the Tab "Processes" and select the charmap.exe. Via a right click open the Context-Menu and "Open File Location" (... see Image-2)
You can also directly open the file location in C:\Windows\System32
In the folder C:\Windows\System32 click on the charmap.exe via right mouse and select send to and Desktop (Create Shortcut)
| (Image-2) Open Character Map (charmap.exe) full path in Windows!
| (Image-3) Create Character Map Windows 7 and 8.1 Desktop-Shortcut!
A special character in Windows 7/10 or 8.1 is a character that can't be found on your keyboard. You can insert special characters by using Character Map or by pressing a combination of keys on your Windows keyboard.
Unicode categories are used to group similar types of characters available in a font. In Windows 7/10 or 8.1 for example, the Currency Unicode category groups all of the currency symbols available for a font.
FAQ 109: Updated on: 17 July 2019 22:28
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to open character map, or a download for free of the character map for windows 7 64 bit?
- Add character map to desktop?
- Search for a character map tool for in windows 7 as free download, 32 bit?
- Path of charactermap in windows7?
- How to open Character Map, i need Euro Symbol Currency Sign?
- How to install charmap in deksktop?
- Character map.exe?
- I using the Windows 7, How Type Symbols and Characters in Windows not on -Mac OS X?
- To make a shortcut for Character Map on Windows 7/8.1 on desktop, guide for how to make Character Map shortcut on Windows Desktop?
- How to insert a tick or a cross symbol in Microsoft Word and Excel and typing Spanish Characters or Music symbols?
- But there is no heart symbol key on the keyboard how to Enter special characters like this?
- How to find the Character Maps in Windows 7 Solutions please?
- I lost the Character Map on the desktop by mistake, where should I crate a button on the desktop and get it back to Windows 10, 8.1, 7?
- Which program open to caracter map in windows 7?
- Get character map to show all characters, Microsoft Windows, how can I get keyboard shortcuts for certain characters?
- How to Quickly Type Special Characters on Any Windows Computer?
- Windows Character Map please search fot Computer Support a shortcut in the Start Menu?
- Character Map original folder location, is the Character Map a utility that is included with Microsoft Windows operating system?
- The File Location Character Map and Full-Path of charmap.exe in Windowsto create a Desktop-Shortcut, then I can insert special characters by using Character Map or by pressing a combination?
- Download Character map win 7.0?
- How to Insert Special Characters with Windows 7 Character Map.?
- How to open cherecter map in my desktop?
- Can I, ergo How-To Creating a Shortcut to the Character Map for Windows 7/10?
- Tutorial for, how to Create Character Map Shortcut in Windows 7?
- Search for a easy instructions and shortcuts for creating the Character Map symbol on Windows computer?
- I search for related help to, how to Create Character Map Shortcut on Windows 7 Desktop?
- How to create your own characters shortcut with the Private Character desktop Shortcut?
- How to Create Keyboard Shortcuts for Special Characters in Windows All?
Keywords: windows, seven, 8.1, server, create, character, desktop, shortcut, insert, special, char, document, solution, simple, Questions, Answers, Software