Save Desktop Layout in *.dok file or *.ini!
If you save a new layout setting, saved desktop restores that work reliably will be not overwritten when you save them. For example, if you want to have a new sort saved we will give you a new name. Thus, the previous / previous Icon Layout storage by DesktopOK
will not be overwritten.
1.) Save Windows desktop symbol layout in the Ini File!
To save your current desktop layout, just click the Save button . The list box below will automatically be filled with a new entry . The name is the resolution by default and time is also recorded. If you want to customize the naming convention, click Options, and then click Save Options . You can add additional elements to the name. Eg the user name
, the PC name
etc. (... see Image-1 Point 1 to 2
ini file can be opened directly (... see Image-1 Point 3 and 4
| (Image-1) Save Icon Layout in * .dok file or * .ini!
2.) Save Windows desktop symbol layout as a file!
you can save the desktop icons as "*.dok" and reload the layout on the other PC!
You can create and restore multiple profiles in the *.dok File. To do this,
click on "Icon Save as" and "Icon Load from" (... see Image-2)
► Change Windows Desktop Icon Size and View ,plus save!
► Difference between Shut-Down Save and Auto Shut-Down Save!
Desktop Restore feature especially useful if you change the resolution of your monitor more then often,
DesktopOK makes gamer in particular benefit from the tool.
I prefer this kind of behavior because sometimes I add a bunch of shortcuts to your desktop, but later delete them. Symbol Restore does not restore these deleted symbols, but retains the original positions of the other symbols.
Updated on: 2 October 2019 15:29
Keywords: desktopok, save, icon, layout, file, solution, ergo, instruction, example, written, windows, 10, 8.1
Similar information on the page
Yes, you can also save the icon positions without Admin rights, on all Windows Desktop and MS Server OS Content: 1. Save the icon positions without
Move your icons as you like and prefer to save this layout to make it later if it is to where appropriate restore. Desktop-OK for Microsofts c Windows
Save Icon Layout at Program Start, Exit is also a way that we can have the program run at login so as to restore the icons the way it runs at startup
This is the folder protection in Windows 10, and Windows 10 Update is not a simple update This is a new OS installation. All settings and some drivers under
From Desktop OK Ver. 5.65 makes it easier to access protected folders Many users have problems working with DesktopOK when the Windows 10 folder protection
See also : ... DesktopOK FAQ
Back to : ... DesktopOK Homeage
AlwaysMouseWheel # Amazon # AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoPowerOptionsOK # ClassicDesktopClock # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopNoteOK # DesktopOK # DontSleep # ExperienceIndexOK # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # IsMyHdOK # KeepMouseSpeedOK # OpenCloseDriveEject # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # StressMyPC # Tools # Version # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- I have saved my icon arrangement using DesktopOK 64bit and now want to transfer these settings to a new PC, but I don't know how to do this.?
- On my Windows desktop I have arranged the icons according to a certain preference, every time you click on desktops the display is different, the symbols change in position, and Windows is then with its own icon arrangement without a clear overview of the standard icon - setting back what can I do?
- Wonder if I can save and restore desktop icon layout as a file, on the Windows desktop I have arranged the icons according to my own system, and every mall I have to arrange my icons on the desktop that has changed the display now I want back to standard setting?
- Search desktop settings permanent storage software as the simplest freeware solution without changing the registry entry?
- I want to restore my desktop layout and save it without exporting it to a REG file so that Windows icons are back in the desired positions, but without restarting the Explorer a really good solution that offers everything to work without batch files?
- My computer and the Windows desktop icons, I miss a tool for saving the icon layouts is there a solution?
- The icon positions in the file without registry?
- The positions for the symbols on the desktop should always be stored neatly, where are the details on the Microsoft desktop?
- I saved a setting from 2018 with which restorations work reliably. Now I want to save a new sort order while keeping the previous one. So question: how do you save a further desktop setting? Or can only 1 setting be saved at a time?
- Windows Explorer breaks my desktop, after a crash, changes to the desktop are lost, there is a problem solution that is flexible, if the symbol arrangement on the desktop is lost again, a better solution for Windows ensures the complete layout of the desktop symbols .?
- I have my computer with multiple user accounts and when I change users I have lost my perfect Windows 10 desktop layout, I miss a function to save the icon positions?