Help! Default bold font in Explorer View is killing my eyes!
The current font makes the explorer panels appear cluttered, and there is no option to change it!
1.) Change Font Face Name / Font Family is in Work!
From Ver. 6.86 you can
In the Q-Dir INI:
So you can currently customize the font in Q-Dir! (: more in one of next versions :)
The adaptation of the font is in progress! MENU ► Tools ► Font
2.) Change the Font Style Bold or not Bold!
Click on the menu item Extras > ... more options , and click the Colors tab.
Then select all Items in list and set BOLD [B] to NULL (0).
Click on the menu item:
Extras > List-View,
And click the Use Colors Filter,
for fast disable or enable of color filter for all File Explorer on MS Windows.
3.) Change the Font Size!
You can change the font size, check the option:
1. Please Open the Quad explorer 4 Windows!
2. Via Main menu ▼ Extras ▼ Font (... see Image-1)
Info: use of other fonts i will make the font usage better!
See also: ... No Expand Triangle and Lines in Explorer Tree-View!
| (Image-2) Change font size of Explorer List-View!
FAQ 22: Updated on: 27 July 2020 13:26
Yes the Windows 10 problems These are the new security guidelines of MS-Windows 10. I know the problem, and will try to solve it better. But at the moment
To install Q-Dir for Portable usage is very easy whit the Quick Install feature in Q-Dir This is for Q-Dir and Meinplatz Content: 1. Q-Dir Portable
The problem in new Windows 10, 8.1, 7 resolved, dragging work at all when dragging from a network mapped drive This is a old problem on Windows XP + SP3
Ive repaired this in 3.32. I will keep running it at Windows 98 ; Please dont use UNICODE Version on Win-98 Image-1 Q-Dir 5.96.6 on Windows 98 Q-Dir
Yes, you can use a single directory tree for all 4 list views in Quad-Explorer Q-Dir Main-Menu ► Extras ► Tree-View ► One 4 all
There is a program starter in Q-Dir, this can be done with quick links Since the quick links are simple links, they can of course be used to start programs,
Each Q-View window has its own independent column management, taking into account the folder type workplace / system / standard folder. It is best to
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- how to bold my computer fonts?
- File Explorer Font is Bold Solved?
- default bold font?
- windows 7 bold font?
- The default font should be the same as the system font for Windows Explorer. The current font makes the panels appear cluttered, and there is no option to change it.
- Help why is my windows explorer font bold, in Q-Dir?
- Default font for Q-Dir?
- why my cpu font is bold?
- bold default font in office?
- why my desktop is bold font?
- Bol font explorer?
- Bold text windows 10?
- My default windows 7 colors and fonts are changed?
- Word change default font bold?
- I love your program, however the default bold font is killing my eyes! I can't use the app for more than 10 minutes before it feels as though my eyes are going to bleed. I can't seem to find any areas to change or adjust the font... is there no option for that? Thank you!
- conky default font bold?
- Q-dir font type?
- QDir how to edit text?
- Can the Q_Dir fonts be changed to something less thick? Or at least can the BOLD be toggled on/off?
- The font face looks like the type face that matrix printers used to have in old days. I'm using a 4k display now and the problem is independent of the windows text size setting. I never had this with my old 1960x1280 display before.
Keywords: help, default, bold, font, explorer, view, killing, eyes, current, option, change, fontfacename, segoe, Questions, Answers, Software