How do i use the Quad-Directory internal file association rules eg 7-Zip?
Examples how to use the Quad-Directory internal file association rules, to open the files on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ...!
PS: To be Run as Administrator pleas use Ctrl Key + Right Mouse Click, If there are problems with file extensions in Windows Explorer, this solution can be helpful!
1.) Short Examples of internal file association rules!
Eg: For 7-zip, with 7-zip in the default Program Files folder.
Q-Dir is on the USB Stik and Notepad++ also.
The file extension "txt", "cpp", "pl", "ini", "php", "cgi" to be with Notepad++ open.
The file extension "bat", "lng", "srt", to be with Notepad open.
Or even for portable 7-Zip :
%drive% is a placeholder for the drive from which to Q-Dir is started.
In the case of: the Q-Dir path is "M:/Q-Dir/Q-Dir.exe" then would be %drive% a placeholder for "M:".
Or even open PDF File in MS Edge Browser:
*.pdf=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe
2.) Define Quad-Directory internal file association on Windows 11, 10, ... etc!
| (Image-1) Use the Q-Dir internal file association Rules!
3.) What is to be considered with internal file association rules!
In the case of internal file allocation rules, you only need to ensure that you specify the correct paths to the program and that the program in question really knows these file extensions. Otherwise, Q-Dir users have only had positive experiences with this!
FAQ 51: Updated on: 15 May 2022 05:53
Oh yes the old Occasional problems with *.qdr files. The icon is now red not blue Content / Solution / Tips: 1. The ICON change in Q-Dir 2.
The 32-bit version of Quad-Dir have small problems under x64 but Q-Dir x64 works without problems on Windows, 11, 10, Windows 7, XP or Windows Vista x64.
It is very easy to navigate to up a folder in each explorer View of the Quad-Directory Explorer 1. ALT + [UP ARROW] 2. Back button 3. Icon Click "up
The Quad-Directory-Explorer startup parameters or arguments for folders eg. directories: Parameter Example 1: Folder Path for all four File Explorer Views
According to user works Q-Dir stable and fine under Wine emulator or CrossOver Professional on Linux and Mac OS X. Content: 1. Q-Dir stable and
If some of the explorer windows have 1 or more tabs, easy remove them ergo close the tabs and define a default folder when open new Tab Content / Solution
Does this mean you cannot uninstall the file manage program from Windows, or? Content: 1. Once Q-Dir, always Q-Dir 2. Is Quad-File-Explorer it
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I love your program. I would like to use a rich text document. I have to always use the right-click context menu to do so. Can I add this rich text document icon of my choice to your program?, making it easier to access this document?
- One file is unencrypted, one was created and encrypted from Word with PDFXChange, the other with PDF24, with both encrypted the crash happens, with the unencrypted not. All files work perfectly in Windows Explorer.
- If I have included a VeraCrypt container as a drive and this container contains encrypted PDFs, Quad Explorer crashes every time I even mark a corresponding file. No problem with other files, no problem in Windows Explorer.
- Hello, thanks for making Q-Dir, I use it every day. I've noticed in some recent update, .zip archives no longer work as expected with 7-zip. I have checked the Windows file associations, and they are set to open .zip files in a new 7-zip window. This is the expected behavior, and in actual Windows File Explorer, it does this. However, in Q-Dir, it opens it in the main window, like a regular file directory, and not in a new window. I would like to continue opening .zip archives in a 7-zip window. Can this be corrected, or is it a bug?
- I cannot start Adobe Reader from the program by clicking. Only get a display via detours in the edge. However, this is unsatisfactory when cleaning up a backup from the old notebook. What can I do?
- Currently I find that when I double click or press enter key with a ZIP file in focus, Q-dir will open the ZIP file as a folder instead of opening my default compressed file viewer. I have gone through all the menu and dialogs and found no config to disable this. Can you tell me how to open ZIP files with my default viewer other than by Q-dir?
Keywords: q-dir, internal, file, association, rules, 7-zip, windows, seven, 11, 10, 8.1, Questions, Answers, Software