Remote Desktop Connection, save in a RDP file on Windows OS?
When using Remote Desktop Connection, known as Microsoft Remote Desktop, it's easy to save a setting in a single file for that remote location and preference!
If you allow remote desktop connections to your PC, you can use another device to connect to your PC and get access to all your programs, files, and network resources as if you were sitting right at your desk.
But I'm not telling anything new here, if you use it often, especially on different computers it makes sense to save the settings.
1.) Start the Windows remote desktop connection!
Remote Desktop Connection path is %windir%\system32\mstsc.exe
1. Please start Remote Desktop Connection. Windows + R
2. Command mstsc.exe , click Show Options
| (Image-1) Save remote desktop RDP file on Windows OS!
2.) Adjust remote desktop settings!
Set the options for the remote desktop connection ( ... see Image-2 Point 1 )
Computer name, user name, ...
Select the size of the remote desktop. Drag the slider all the way to the right to use full screen mode.
Select the devices and resources to use in the remote session. Printers, clipboards, hard disks, ...
Select transfer rate to optimize performance. (Desktop Background, Font Smoothing, Desktop Themes, Visual Styles, ...)
Server authentication ensures that you are connecting to the correct remote computer. The level of verification required to establish a connection is determined by the system security policy. Configure the settings to connect through Remote Desktop Gateway when working remotely.
When you have made the appropriate settings, go back to the General tab, simply click on the "Save as..." button.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 4)
| (Image-2) Remote Desktop Connection Save in a RDP file on Windows OS?
In Windows you can save the settings of a selected remote desktop connection as a backup on an RDP. You can then open the saved RDP file if needed to quickly connect to the computer remotely using the same settings since the RDP file was saved.
3.) Save remote desktop connection settings!
Assign a meaningful name and save it directly on the desktop, for example.
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-3) Save Remote Desktop Connection as RDP file!
4.) More helpful information about the remote desktop connection!
This example explains how to save the settings of a specific remote desktop connection in order to quickly open it later from a *.rdp file. You can use this under all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems very practical because it can be used anywhere under Microsoft Windows!
FAQ 110: Updated on: 13 September 2023 07:11
It is very easy to delete or reset the search history of the file explorer in Windows, whether on desktop or MS Server OS, both are possible This example
Restarting Windows 11, 10, etc. all OS, services is quite easy to open, just start the Services Management tool 1. Finding or starting the service
Under any Windows 11, 10, etc. you can also restart the desktop, because its not much more than a window without a title bar The solution to restart
Every mouse has different possibilities to perform clicks, depending on the number of mouse buttons there are different mouse click options Here are some
To specify a file path, or folder path on Windows 11, 10, etc. Finding out in File Explorer, there is an easy way. Its almost as easy as ►► finding
With all Microsoft Windows systems it is very easy to find, open and change the Windows start-up settings For example, if you have ---OS_Windows6--- or
There are several ways to find out the hardware and computer specifications of the Windows operating system No more searching for the hardware and computer
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Storage location rdp?
- Windows 7 mstsc stored where?
- Save remote desktop to desktop?
- Save credentials command rdp?
- Save rdp connection to desktop?
- Rdp client username not saving powershell?
- Save Win rdp credentials?
- RDP access with user and save password?
- Configure RDP for server authentication?
- Save Win10 remote desktop settings?
- RDP file?
- I can't copy the file from remote desktop and paste it to my local computer?
- Remote connection on desktop?
- Backup remote desktop manager database?
- Save RDP not working?
- Remote desktop desktop design changes?
- Connection settings remote desktop connections?
- Transfer files remotely?
- Windows 10 mstsc stored where?
- Rdp save credentials not showing up?
- Save locally on remote desktop?
- Remote desktop to desktop?
- Save display of remout session?
- Wts server save data undone?
- Saving the remotefx devices?
- Remote Desktop Connection location?
- Where is it saved when connecting remotely?
- Connection setting remote?
- Copy Remote Desktop Connection?
- Save Xps remote desktop connection as?
- Save remote desktop connection to desktop?
- Where does remote desktop store previous connections?
- Server authentication when setting up remote desktop connection?
- Save locally remote desktop windows 10?
- Save remote deskpo connection win10?
- Save different remote desktop connections?
- Where are RDP connections stored?
- Save remote connection to desktop?
- RDP link on desktop?
- Remote desktop connection on desktop?
- Export remote desktop?
- Save Rdcman?
- Save Remote Desktop Connection options?
- Save RDP profile?
- Save remote desktop connection?
- Export saved desktops from Microsoft Remote Desktop?
- Change and save RDP file?
- Read saved rdp login data?
- Save RDP file?
- Dvbviewer where are settings saved remotely?
- Save remote desktop connection settings?
- RDP file is ignored?
- Remote linking on desktop?
- RDP file cannot be saved?
- Remote desktop connections not saving?
- Save RDP connection?
- Save remote connection credentials?
- Remote desktop on every domain user?
- Location for remote desktop control file?
- Save remote connection?
- Save *.rdp?
Keywords: system, general, remote, desktop, connection, save, file, windows, when, using, known, microsoft, easy, setting, single, that, location, preference, Questions, Answers, Software