Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 and 11 for unnecessary files, how to?
The Disk Cleanup Manager in Windows 10 or 11 is an easy way to remove unnecessary files from your Windows 10 or 11 PC or Notebook!
Content, Tip, the Solution for: how do i clean window 10 / 11 unneeded files!
See also: ► How to reinstalling Windows 10 ► Clean Installation of the Windows 10
1.) Run the Disk Cleanup Manager in Windows 10 / 11!
To start the Disk Cleanup Manager is the fastest way via the command cleanmgr from the Windows Run Dialog (Keyboard shortcut Windows-Logo+R) And select unnecessary files (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 to 3)
For more clean options click the Button "Clean up system files" (... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
... read more info
| (Image-1) Run Disk Cleanup Manager in Windows-10!
2.) Remove Programs and Features, System Restore and Shadow Copies!
When you click the Button "Clean up system files" in The Windows-10 Disk Cleanup Manager (... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
yo can see the tab More!
The Disk Cleanup will calculating how much space you will be able to free on SYSTEM (C:). This may take a few minutes to complete.
Now, your can see the Tab "More Options" with Clean Up... button for "Programs and Features" plus
"System Restore and Shadow Copies" (... see Image-2 Arrow-1)
| (Image-2) Windows-10 remove System Restore and Shadow Copies!
* Programs and Features.
This option opens Programs and Features in Control Panel, where you can uninstall programs that you no longer use. The Size column in Programs and Features shows how much disk space each program uses.
* System Restore and Shadow Copies.
With this option, you can delete all but the most recent restore point on the disk.
System Restore uses restore points to return your system files to an earlier point in time. If your computer is running normally, you can save disk space by deleting the earlier restore points.
In some editions of Windows 10, restore points can include previous versions of files, known as shadow copies, and backup images created with Windows 10 Complete PC Backup. These files and images will also be deleted. For more information about System Restore, search Windows Help and Support for "system restore."
FAQ 145: Updated on: 25 August 2023 12:35
Its very easy to create own desktop background slideshow in Windows 10/11, with own images ergo pictures Content / Tips / Solutions: 1. Own images
You can easily change the wrong decimal symbol or other number formats in Windows 10/11, the solution is also for Server 2016, 2019 Content: 1. Open
Easy change the default operating system and boot with Windows 10, please use the HotKey Windows-Logo + R and enter the command control system 1. Open
Set Countdown Timer, Stopwatches and Alarm in Windows 10, without additional software downloads like the freeware OnlyStopWatch 1. Find and start
The solution is simple to see all computers in your wlan network on Windows-10, the solution is also for Windows 8.1 / 7 1. View all Computers, Smartphones
The solution is simple to change the desktop theme eg Windows Design in Windows-10, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 / 7 1. Change the desktop
To Auto Run a program when Windows 10 or MS Win 11 starts, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and 7 and Server OS 1. Autostart a Program from Autostart
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Deleting unnecessary files in windows 10 / 11?
- Clean unnecessary files Windows 10 / 11 phone?
- Useless files from Widows 10 / 11?
- Can I Remove Programs and Features or System Restore and Shadow Copies on Windows 10 / 11?
- Disk cleanup windows 10 / 11?
- How do i use disk cleanup to delete unnecessary files in windows 10 / 11?
- Can I delete temporary files and system files on Windows 10 / 11?
- Acer pc windows10 / 11show me an easy way to disk cleanup where do i find it?
- Delete unnecessary files windows 10 / 11 image capture?
- Windows 10 / 11 empty the Recycle Bin, and how to remove a variety of other Windows 10 / 11 items that I no longer need?
- Delete all unnecessary things on Windows 10 / 11?
- Which can help your to Windows 10 / 11 run faster?
- Where can I delete the thumbnails, is the program that cleans Windows looking for a tool that works as a disk cleanup in order to be able to remove files that are no longer needed, so a "delete files" tool? With which I achieve the cleaning of the data carrier to delete unnecessary files!
- How to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives on Windows 10 / 11?
- Windows 10 / 11 empties the trash and how do i remove various other windows 10 / 11 items that i no longer need?
- Windows 10 / 11 delete shadow copy?
- Delete unnecessary files in windows 10 / 11 image capture?
- How to delete unnecessary windows files in windows 10 / 11?
- What can help make Windows 10 / 11 run faster?
- Clean up unnecessary files windows 10 / 11 phone?
- Unnecessary windows 10 / 11 files?
- Delete all unnecessary windows 10 / 11?
- Is there a kind of data carrier cleaning up to delete unnecessary files, i.e. with which data can be cleaned up, such as temporary and internet files?
- Windows 10 / 11 delete unnecessary .cab?
- Delete unnecessary files in windows 10 / 11?
- How do I use Disk Cleanup to delete unnecessary files in Windows 10 / 11?
- Delete shadow copies windows 10 / 11 and remove unnecessary files windows 10 / 11?
- Windows 10 / 11 delete unnecessary files?
- Can I also delete unnecessary system files, simply remove system files that are no longer required, looking for the best course of action?
- Unnecessary files windows 10 / 11 to delete?
- Acer pc windows10 / 11 shows me an easy way to clean up the disk. Where can I find them?
- Windows 10 / 11 tutorial on how to open and use Disk Cleanup and run Disk Cleanup to free up disk space on Windows 10 / 11 by removing unnecessary files?
- Delete help most common?
- How can I reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives on Windows 10 / 11?
- Remove unnecessary files windows 10 / 11?
- How to use disc space cleanup manager for windows?
- How do I use Disk Cleanup Manager for Windows?
- How to Run the Disk cleanup ergo cleaner in Windows 10 / 11!?
- Windows Disk Cleanup how does that work, I can not find the Windows Disk Cleanup? What is the best way to find and delete files that are no longer required on all drives, who shows me how to do it or do I need a program to achieve this cleanup function?
- Clean Windows 10 / 11 from unnecessary programs?
- How to delete unnecessary files in windows 10 / 11?
- Windows 10 / 11 tutorial how to open and use Disk Cleanup and run Disk Cleanup to help free up HD disk space on Windows 10 / 11 by removing unneeded files?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, ten, disk, cleanup, unnecessary, files, delete, remove, Questions, Answers, Software