Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer on Windows 10, turn off on?
Disable or Enable Thumbnail Previews in MS File Explorer Windows 11/10, this Solution is also suitable for Windows 8.1 and Server!
1.) Easy Disable or Enable Thumbnail in Windows 10/11, ... Desktop and MS Server 2019, ... OS!
To Disable or Enable Thumbnail in the Windows 10 Control Panel please open the Folder Options the new name is File Explorer Options. (... see Image-1 Arrow-1 to 3)
Please open Run-Command in Windows 10/11 and enter the command: control /name Microsoft.FolderOptions
Click on the View tab (... see Image-1 Arrow-4) and set the corresponding check mark the Always show icons, never Thumbnails option! To show or hide the Thumbnails in MS Windows Explorer. (... see Image-1 Arrow-5)
Rather than thumbnail image previews of files and folders. Use this setting if thumbnail previews on Windows 10 are slowing down your computer, or if you do not need thumbnail.
See also: ► windows 10 and font folder location? ► auto startup folder in Windows 10
| (Image-1) Windows 10 Thumbnails!
2.) More information about the thumbnails - ergo thumbnails under Windows 10/11!
Disable or Enable Thumbnail Info!
It is known that Windows Explorer can automatically display thumbnails for supported image file types (for example, JPG, PNG). This is definitely a useful feature, but there are times when thumbnails are displayed incorrectly (or not displayed at all). This may be due to a number of reasons (such as a large number of files). In any version of the Windows operating system, there is a functional ability to show the user a small thumbnail of all images, video files and documents, to make them easier to find on the hard disk using File Explorer. In order to speed up the process of displaying thumbnails, the system uses a cache file that is located in the hidden directory of the user profile.In the fresh Windows operating system version of Fall creators Update was a bug, because of which disappear miniature images of files after shutting down the PC. The system will recreate them every time, which will spend extra time, which depends on the number of media files on the hard disk.
FAQ 188: Updated on: 1 May 2022 07:26
The solution is simple to see if on Windows 10 is the Creators, Redstone, Update or it is installed Just use the key combination [Windows Logo + R] in
The solution: How to Open File Explorer Options in Windows 10, use File Explorer Folder Options to change files and folders function on your computer
The solution how to see auto startup programs and Application in Windows 10, this example is also for Windows 8.1 I already have some explanations
A solution to activate the on screen keyboard in windows 10, this is also suitable for OSK on Windows 8.1 and seven plus Windows Server 2016 / 2012
A example to see all Network Adapters on Windows 10 or disable / enable the Connection, the simple solution is also suitable for Windows 8.1 and seven
The solution to uninstall fonts from Windows-10 remove, delete? Click start, and then click run or Windows+R keyboard shortcut. Type the following
It is simple in Windows-10 to change some of the keyboard settings, or the language of the Keyboard Layout, the example here is also for Windows 8.1 / 7
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Turn off thumbnails Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Help in Windows 10 and Windows 11 the thumbnails are missing, why are they disabled by default?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 preview thumbnail folder?
- The thumbnails are displayed for images in a folder, where are the options in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where can I disable the option thumbnails and show icons instead of thumbs to hide thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- I don't like to use the preview I want to recognize searched pictures or videos with the help of thumbnails in folders, which are better than the thumbnails and more user-friendly, want to show or force hide thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Thumbnails Thumbnail views were there under Win XP, are they barely visible under Win10 and Windows 11 or do they not exist?
- Set up thumbnails with windwos 10 and Windows 11?
- Where do I activate the option so that thumbnails are displayed, unfortunately this is not the standard setting under Windows Server 2019 for Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to disable or hide thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11, where are the setting to choose?
- Explorer Preview locks files?
- How can I customize or set up the showing or hiding of thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11 using the folder options in File Explorer in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Looking for methods to enable and disable thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11, so just show or hide thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Where to set enable, show or disable, hide thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Looking for a post about showing or hiding thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11 that can help me, no thumbnails are displayed or PDF and the Office files?
- Can I show or hide the thumbnails according to my needs?
- Is it possible to force show or hide thumbnails in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Are advanced settings looking for the option to show icons and never thumbnails?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 thumbnail explorer preview?
- Thumbnails preview windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Want to hide the thumbnails, can I turn off an option not to show thumbnails?
- Where can I confirm the above option / settings that thumbnails are no longer displayed under Windows 10 and Windows 11 with MS Server 2019 they are deactivated!
- Pdf thumbnails preview windows 10 and Windows 11 explorer?
- Thumbnail preview in Windows 10 and Windows 11 File Explorer?
- Turn on Windows 10 and Windows 11 preview file explorer?
Keywords: windows, 10, 11, eleven, 8.1, thumbnail, previews, file, explorer, turn, disable, enable, this, solution, suitable, control, panel, Questions, Answers, Software