Hibernation settings Windows 10 (turn off, enable, disable)?
To change the Hibernation settings on Windows 10, turn off, turn on, or disable completely if required!
Easy turn off or on hibernation in Windows 10, 8.1 Home, Pro, ... and MS Server 2019, 2016, ...!
► ... disable preview in the Taskbar of Windows 10 ► Disable Password in Windows 10 (hibernation, energy saving)!
1.) Disable, enable customize, turn off/on Hibernate or Sleep in Windows 10 over Power Options!
1. Please start the Power-Options Windows-Logo+R
2. And the command control.exe /name Microsoft.PowerOptions
3. Click the Text ►► ... Change The Power Plan Settings
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
At this point, you can easy create a desktop shortcut for Windows-10 power-options, via drag and drop
(... see Image-1 Point 4)
| (Image-1) Windows 10 Power Option CUSTOMIZE!
1a.) Change plan Settings in Windows-10!
and now change the sleep and display setting for Windows-10 computer! (... see Image-2 Arrow 1 to 4)
Or ... change the advanced power options settings
| (Image-1) Customize the power settings in Windows-10!
1c.) Customize the advanced power options settings in Windows-10!
Now change the settings: (... see Image-3 Arrow 1 & 2 )
|Require a password on wakeup
* Maximum Power Level
* Turn off hard disk after
Desktop background settings
* Slide show
Wireless Adapter Settings
Power Saving Mode
* Sleep after
* Allow hybrid sleep
* Hibernate after
* Allow wake timers
* USB selective suspend setting
Power buttons and lid
* Power button action
* Link State Power Management
Processor power management
* Minimum processor state
* System cooling policy
* Maximum processor state
* Turn off display after
* Enable adaptive brightness
* When sharing media
* When playing video
| (Image-1) Advanced power options settings in Windows-10!
General Info Text for Windows 10 and other Win OS:
On most PCs, you can resume working by pressing your computer's Power Button. However, not all computers are the same. You might be able to wake your computer by pressing any key on the keyboard, clicking a mouse button, or opening the lid on a laptop. Check the documentation that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.
2.) Disable or enable, the Hibernate via the command powercfg in Windows 10!
Please start the cmd.exe in adminmod or powershell in admin mode!
Enable Hibernate in Windows 10: enter in the command prompt: powercfg -h on
Disable Hibernate in Windows 10: enter in the command prompt type: powercfg -h off
(... see Image-4)
| (Image-4) Disable or enable, the Hibernate sleep via the cmd.exe!
3.) Temporarily disable sleep in windows 10!
Windows 10 is on ENERGY EFFICIENCY, it may happen that the windows go faster to sleep or hibernate , that is necessary, also if the programs are working and have not completed the tasks or download.
This problem can be solved with the freeware Don't Sleep, without disable or change the energy features setting in Windows -10.
| (Image-5) Temporarily disable sleep and hibernate in windows 10!
Useful Info from Microsoft (c):
What's the difference between sleep, hibernate, and hybrid sleep?
The Windows 10 Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player—the computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.
The Windows 10 Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows 10, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation when you know that you won't use your laptop for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.
The Window 10 Hybrid sleep is designed primarily for desktop computers. Hybrid sleep is a combination of sleep and hibernate puts any open documents and programs in memory and on your hard disk, and then puts your computer into a low-power state so that you can quickly resume your work. That way, if a power failure occurs, Windows 10 can restore your work from your hard disk. When hybrid sleep is turned on, putting your computer into sleep automatically puts your computer into hybrid sleep. Hybrid sleep is typically turned on by default on desktop computers.
Prevent my windows 10 computer from automatically sleeping or hibernating!
You can adjust how long your windows 10 computer waits before sleeping or hibernating or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies.
You can prevent unauthorized access by requiring a password to unlock your computer when it wakes from sleep. For more information, see: How do I change the password requirement when my Windows-10 wakes from sleep?
See also: ... disable preview in the Taskbar of Windows 10 || Disable Password in Windows 10 (hibernation, energy saving)!
The examples for sleep, hibernate, and hybrid sleep is also suitable for:Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Home, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012
FAQ 42: Updated on: 1 September 2020 08:26
To create a Desktop Shortcut for Run-Dialog Command on the Windows 10 Desktop, for a quick access to Run commands Content / Solutions: 1. Create Run-Dialog
Here is the example how to create a Shutdown or Restart shortcut for Windows 10, for example on the Windows 10 Desktop 1. Creating a desktop shortcut
Change the Windows 10 activation key to activate Win 10, or activate the Windows 10 offline via a phone number for free over Phone System 1. Enter
Find and open the Windows 10 MS-Paint , or create a desktop shortcut for Paint APP on the Windows 10 Desktop 1. Start the ms-paint via Run-Command
Here are some solutions to see installed programs under windows-10, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and windows 7 DEFAULT INSTALLATION LOCATION
Example for windows 10 to stop your laptop from going to sleep or shut down when closed the laptop or notebook 1. Prevent hibernation / sleep when
The example to find a downloaded program or APPs on Windows 10, for example in default Download folder, or in internet explorer download history This is
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Solution to cursor misbehaviour after resuming from hibernation on windows 10?
- How to turn off screen saver and hibernation windows 10?
- Sleep mode when set to power button for windows 10 laptop?
- Hp laptop doing hibernating when starting how to remove?
- How do i make it so my laptop does not sleep or hibernate?
- Turn off hibernation windows 10?
- Why does windows 10 on a desktop put inself in to hybernation?
- Why cant i see the sleep option in my power options on windows 10?
- Stop windws 10 from automatically waking from sleep?
- How do you stop windows 10 going into hibernation?
- How to disable to hibernating and turn on desktop from to shut down in windows 10?
- How to turn off my display when I press power button windows 10?
- How to stop windows 10 going to standby or screen saver?
- How do i stop my laptop from going to sleep when i close it windows 10?
- How to make it so windows 10 won't temporarily hibernate?
- How to fix Computer that always power saving mode when its turn it on win 10?
- How do i turn off sleep mode on my computer with window 10?
- How to remove a laptop from sleep mode in windows 10?
- How to stop my laptop from going to sleep in windows 10?
- How can i stop my computer going into sleep when i shut down on windows 10?
- Turn off hibernate windows 10?
- How to run powercfg hybrid sleep off windows 10, and resume from hibernation?
- Turn off system settings power hibernate win 10?
- How to make a windows 10 pc not automatically go into sleep mode?
- Hibernation settings windows 10?
- How do i keep my samsung widndows 10 laptop from going to sleep while i am downloa?
- How do i keep my computer from hibernating? windows 10?
- How to turn off system restore and hibernation on windows 10?
- What to do when the laptop goes into sleeping mode and stops responding in windows 10?
- Change after 1 minute my display turns off windows 10?
- How to change the settings windows 10 so my laptop does not sleep or turn off while idle?
- How do i stop my laptop with windows windows 10 from hibernating?
- How do i stop my windows 10 going into sleep/hypernation?
- How to disable hibernation mode in power options in windows 10?
- How to put laptop into hibernate when lid is closed in windows 10?
- How to set automatic wake from hibernation in battery mode?
- Windows 10 won't enter sleep or hibernation automatically?
- In window 10 how can i stop my laptop from hibernating?
- How do you make windows 10 stop turning off to put pass in?
- My Windos 10 keeps going into sleep mode when inactive for 1 minute?
- Windows 10 going into hybernate even when power setting set to never?
- How to resolve My windows 10 os is always showing sleeping mode?
- Windows 10, how to make your computer not go into sleep mode?
- Do you need to restart computer after setting sleep mode in windows 10?
- How can i disable the sleep when idle option in windows 10?
- How to stop windows 10 Dell Computer from going into sleep mode?
- How to stop laptop from going to standby mode windows 10?
- How to change settings to keep monitor from sleeping in windows 10?
- My window 10 automatically after for while how can i avoid it?
- How long does it take for the hibernating mode is disable from a laptop?
- Why can't I find the sleep or hibernate options on my computer windows 10?
- How to disable sleep mode on your computer in windows 10?
- How to change sleep mode in Windows 10?
- How to adjust the setting in windows 10 of automatic turning in sleep mode?
- How to avoid the windows update while the computer is sleeping on windows 10?
- Can not find sleep option in power button in windows 10?
- Disable hibernate windows 10?
- How do i change the settings for windows 10 to not hibernate?
- How to change sleep and display time on HP all in one desktop windows 10?
- Sleep mode in windows 10?
- Disable a device from waking the system from a sleep state windows 10?
- What impact if I turn hibernation file off on windows 10?
- New hp goes to sleep when i am in windows explorer 10?
- How to stop my windows 10 going to sleep all the time?
- Prevent windows 10 from going to sleep when remote desktop attached?
- How to change time that the computer monitor goes to power save?
- How to change windows 10 settings? t'urn off hybernation?
- Prevent pc from turning off, hibernation or going asleep in windows 10?
- Enable hibernate windows 10?
- What should i do when a pc keeps hibernating for long?
- My laptop oc is wind 10 but miss sleep option what happen?
- Why does my laptop go to sleep during a windows 10 system image?
- How to change when my windows 10 computer goes to sleep?
- How to disable hibernating in windows 10 on laptop?
- Windows 10 how to keep out of sleep mode?
- Where do i find the setting to make my computer stay on and not have to keep turning it back on and logging in?
- How do i stop my laptop from going to sleep windows 10?
- How to completely disable auto sleep mode windows tablet?
- Autodetect settings on windows 10 to stop computer from going to slepp?
- How do i keep my monitor from going to sleep in Windows 10?
- How to make my window 10 never to be sleep or shut down?
- How do extend timer and prevent auto shutdown of computer windows 10?
- Windows 10 stops playing music at night even after changing power settings?
- Windows 10 how can I stop the screensaver from waking from sleep?
- How to turn off hibernation in windows 10?
- How to stop computer going into power saving mode windows 10?
- How to disable sleep or hibernate when the monitor turn on?
- Windows 10 test mode watermark comes back after sleep?
- Disable hibernation windows 10?
- How to change time it takes for desktop to sleep in windows 10?
- How to change settings to not go into sleep more windows 10?
- What is the command to activate sleep mode to active mode in laptop?
- Why my windows 10 leptop sleep automatically when using?
- How to turn off sleep mode or screen saver in windows 10?
- What to do if only show hibernating at the time of turn on in window 10?
- Why does windows 10 keep turning the screen on when in sleep mode?
- How can way to disable sleep mode asus laptop windos 8 short cut key?
- How do i make my windows 10 download while the computer is a sleep?
- How do you keep your computer from going to sleep windows 10?
- How to keep windows 10 from entering sleep mode when downloading large file?
Keywords: windows, 10, hibernation, settings, turnoff, enable, disable, customize, prevent, turnoff, sleep, standby, Questions, Answers, Software