Enable, Confirm Dialog when delete files or folder in Windows 10, how to?
Here is the solution, how to display the dialog for confirmation of the deletion process in the new Windows 10 or activate or deactivate!
This solution is also suitable for Windows 8.1, 7, Server 2012 and 2016 as well as the latest Windows 10 build on your mobile tablet or Surface Pro / GO.
1.) Delete procedure Change setting via the recycle bin!
1. Please just use the command: shell:RecycleBinFolder , which can conveniently open via the Windows 10 Run dialog ergo Shortcut key [Windows + R] (... see Image-1 Point 1 and 2)
2. Now you can quite easily by a mouse right-click on a vacancy in the Explorer view, the properties of the Windows 10 recycle bin! (... see Image-1 Point 3 and 4)
3. And activate the option "Display dialogue to confirm deletion" (... see Image-1 Point 5 and 6)
At this point you can also change the user-defined size of the recycle bin set for all drives. Or with the option Delete files immediately (do not move to trash) enable deletion without trash, which is not very recommendable.
| (Image-1) Recycle-Bin enable Confirm-Dialog in Windows 10!
2.) Set the "Delete Confirmation" in Windows Explorer!
Please start the MS-Explorer, for example with the key combination Windows Logo + E and select the menu item Start. Select a folder or file in the File Explorer view. Click on the Delete check box and activate the option "Show Recycle Confirmation"
(... see picture-2 items 1 to 3)
| (Image-2) Recycle Confirm the deletion process!
3.) Why are files not always moved to the trash?
If there is not enough free space on the hard disk, the data is resolved directly, as well as if the files are very large and cannot be moved to the recycle bin. Here are points you can do to change this behavior.
When a user deletes a file, it is usually moved to the Recycle Bin so that it can restore the file later if needed, which affects the following operating systems: Windows 11, 10 Pro, Enterprise, Home, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, Windows 7 Basic, Professional, Starter, Ultimate.
To permanently remove files from your PC and free the disk space used by the files, you must delete the files from the Recycle Bin. You can delete individual files from the Recycle Bin or empty the entire Recycle Bin at the same time.
FAQ 66: Updated on: 25 August 2023 12:16
If you want that the folder / folders are automatically expanded under Windows 10 in the navigation pane of the Explorer, change the folder options of the
Simple enable on Windows 10 Home / Pro the guest account for the guest access or create a new guest user account The solution is very simple and also suitable
Is quite easy in Windows 10, 8.1 make the standard user account to guest user with appropriate access rights, and vice versa, this solution works also on
Even in Windows File Explorer in the new Windows 10 you can activate the status bar to see some file or folder information Content / Solution / Tip: 1.
The solution is very easy to modify the Windows 10 password, or to set a new password or remove the password completely Content / Solutions: 1. Windows-10
Solution to set the Screen Saver Password in Windows 10/11, to activate and and if required to deactivate again Solutions / Content: 1. Change the
Change the desktop background image in Windows 10 or use own pictures for the desktop wallpaper 1. Open the Desktop background settings in Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Deletion without confirmation, ask to set WIN 10?
- Where is Delete confirmation dialog in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 Delete, delete options warning message?
- Delete Confirm Win 10, Server 2012 u 2016?
- Show confirmation when deleting files on computer happens Operating systems Windows 10?
- Windows 10 trash dialog for confirmation, does it have a file delete confirm?
- Windows 10 delete options warning message?
- Windows 10 File Delete Confirm?
- Where do I activate the important security question when deleting files and folders on Windows, so if I delete files in MS Windows Explorer does not appear Query is important to me?
- Theres a weird behavior with the new version, there is no popup to confirm deleting files. there is a small flash where there is suppose to be the popup, but then it disappears and the file/folder is deleted. i am not running in admin mode.?
- Set the dialog to confirm the deletion on Windows 10, Windows Explorer who deleted a file before Windows Recycle Bin wants the dialog to confirm the deletion?
- Windows Recycle Bin Properties Deactivate and reactivate the confirmation dialog for deletion, set in Windows 10 that I delete the file the additional confirmation dialog?
- Confirm delete Windows 10, display dialog to confirm the deletion?
- Delete Explorer Settings Demand?
- Windows 2016 R2 ask for deletion, confirmation or deletion?
- No prompt before deleting the file or folder in the new Windows 10 Pro?
- Show confirmation whne deleting files om My Computer OS Windows 10?
- Windows 10 delete with confirmation?
- Windows 10 confirmations necessary before delete?
- Delete ask windows 10?
- A message with the deletion confirmation, for a file as well as for a directory?
- 10 confirmation when deleting the files the delete dialog?
- Confirmation show when deleting files on computer happens operating systems windows 10?
- Delete desktop confirm windows 10?
- No prompt before delete file or folder in the new Windows 10 Pro?
- Confirm Windows 10 delete, display dialog to confirm the deletion?
- Confirm Win10 delete where to activate confirm delete?
- 2016, 2019 Server: Show dialog to confirm the deletion?
- Where is the solution that the dialog for confirming the deletion also appears in activated Windows 10?
- Confirm windows 10 delete files, or confirm delete from desktop windows 10?
- Windows 10 confirmations are necessary before deletion, also on server 2016 and 2019 confirmation file is important?
- Where can I find the confirmation dialog in Windows 10?
- Ask Windows 10 before deleting?
- Don't have a prompt to delete the file or folder in the new Windows 10 Pro?
- Windows 10 confirm delete are not prompted to delete file?
- Delete file confirm windows 10, Server 2012 u 2016?
- Windows 10 confirmation before file deletion, or where can I find the confirmation dialog to delete in Windows?
- Windows 10 delete confirmation, delete with confirmation?
- I want to display the dialog to confirm the deletion, so if I delete the files, do I have a question before deleting them in the trash?
- Confirm delete file windows 10, server 2019 u 2016?
- Windows 10 delete files confirm, Windows 10 directly delete recycle bin?
- Confirm delete files windows 10?
- Confirmation of the deletion process is missing under Windows so confirm with OK, display the query for the trash !?
- Delete with confirmation Windows 10, confirm delete files, do not delete trash directly?
- Confirm delete switch on Windows 10, ask for delete settings?
- Can't recover windows 10 recycle bin?
- Folder delete confirmation Windows 10?
- How do I disable this query or even turn it off to prevent accidental deletion of the files so in the trash, how do I go about the question do you want to turn on delete?
- Ask for remove windows 10, delete options warning message?
- Delete folder confirmation from windows 10?
- Deletion process without confirmation, set inquiries for WIN 10, settings in Explorer when deleting?
- Windows 10, Server 2012 u 2016 confirmation file delete?
- Windows 10 delete settings prompt ask?
Keywords: windows, 10, enable, recycle-bin confirm, dialog, when, delete, files, folder, Recycle, Questions, Answers, Software