After updating Win-10 no space on the disk, what now?
After one of the big auto-updates of Windows 10, it can get tight on the hard drive.
If you want space freed up by Windows 10 Auto Updates, you can start Disk Cleanup in Windows 10, usually you do not need to buy a new hard disk.
Just start Disk Cleanup to make room on the Windows 10 system drive.
Just start the MS Explorer, shortcut Windows + E
and the Windows 10 drive, in this case it will mark the drive C:\, manage tab and just clean up.
| (Image-1) free space on the system disk Win-10!
| (Image-2) Cleanup System-Disk-C on Windows-10!
It may take some time to calculate the space to free up, especially if the Defender is running and Windows 10 is not installed on a SSD hard drive.
| (Image-3) Clean Auto-Update files from Windows-10!
In this case, it was almost 19 GB (... see Image-4
), now you have space on the system drive C:\!
This can be done as needed after every major Windows 10 auto update, but wait and see, sometimes you have to reset the Windows 10 update.
► ... Constant crashes after Windows 10 Update, why
► ... find installed programs in Windows 10, how can I uninstall them
| (Image-4) Windows 10 and more free disk space!
Updated on: 12 May 2018 10:13
Keywords: Windows, 10, system, after, updating, space, disk, what, auto-updates, hard, drive, freed, auto, updates
Similar information on the page
The solution is simple to find out what type is your Drive, HDD, or SSD in Windows 10, 8.1 and MS Server 1. Open and run the Optimize Drives Tool on
With the Windows 10 update it can happen that the CD or DVD drive is not displayed in the file explorer These errors can occur if Windows 10 is no longer
If the Auto Update is downloaded, but no installation, then reinstalling of Windows 10 is not necessary On Windows 10, the hard disk space is the most common
It is rare that there are PC crashes of the Windows 10 system after the auto-update Updates provided by Microsoft are of the highest quality, and typically
You can install Windows 10 on a 20 gigabytes partition, it depends on, how many other apps or programs you will install on the Windows 10 boot disk partition.
When you buy a new hard disk everyone knows that within a few months without apparent reason, there is no more space available This free Windows tool can
Some Windows users like to see even the used hard disk space on a sheet of paper MeinPlatz has a very good print and print preview function. For the column
There are various ways to read system components under all Windows desktop and server operating systems There are third-party solutions to find out what
If the external hard drive is always shut down very quickly, it will always take a little eternity for the disc to respond. Many users ask about external
APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- I cleaned up trash, can I clean up more redundant files from the disk or do a memory optimization on Windows 10?
- Having a problem, I need several GB on hard drives as free space to do Windows 10 update installations, can I remove stuff and free up space?
- I can not install the latest Windows update to version Windows 10, and now it comes out of space on the hard drive?
- Help Microsoft updates installations necessary insufficient memory, can I get rid of data garbage?
- I have / wanted to do a major update to Windows 10 looking for a trick to tidy up to free up a lot of memory?
- Help has to clean the disk as I remove old things on Windows, do not want a new installation, but update Windows 10!
- I can not update to the Windows 10 latest update, because there is not enough space available. There is not enough space on Windows C:\ Local HDD Auto Update is Broken?
- I have updated to Windows 10 last version, and I have noticed disk space missing, a small amount on my Hard Drive?