After updating Win-10/11 no space on the disk, what now?
After one of the big auto-updates of Windows 10 or 11, it can get tight on the hard drive.
If you want space freed up by Windows 10 / 11 Auto Updates, you can start Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 and 11, usually you do not need to buy a new hard disk.
Just start Disk Cleanup to make room on the Windows 10 or 11 system drive.
Just start the MS Explorer, shortcut Windows + E
and the Windows 10 / 11 drive, in this case it will mark the drive C:\, manage tab and just clean up.
| (Image-1) free space on the system disk Win-10!
| (Image-2) Cleanup System-Disk-C on Windows-10!
It may take some time to calculate the space to free up, especially if the Defender is running and Windows 10 is not installed on a SSD hard drive.
| (Image-3) Clean Auto-Update files from Windows-10!
In this case, it was almost 19 GB (... see Image-4
), now you have space on the system drive C:\!
This can be done as needed after every major Windows 10 auto update, but wait and see, sometimes you have to reset the Windows 10 update.
► ... Constant crashes after Windows 10 Update, why
► ... find installed programs in Windows 10, how can I uninstall them
| (Image-4) Windows 10 and more free disk space!
Updated on: 6 July 2021 12:16
Keywords: Windows, 11, 1 0, system, after, updating, space, disk, what, auto-updates, hard, drive, freed, auto, updates
Similar information on the page
If Disk Check is started again and again when Windows 10 / 11 starts, and the screen stays black. This is a bigger problem, some Windows users also report
Starting Windows-10 takes 12 seconds on my test system: Intel i3-4160 240 GB SSD hard drive. And shutdown 10 seconds. It has to be said that this is a very
Exclude drives, files, and folders from Windows Defender antivirus scans This is not about the Windows Defender Antivirus operating improperly, but being
The very rare, but still important Windows 10 question, why does it crash on some PCs again and again, what can you do about it Of course, Windows 10 has
Under Windows 11 and 10, you can indirectly change the font size in programs and this affects all programs Content / Solutions: 1. General DPI font
When a Windows 10 computer is started or started up, the Windows 10 operating system is loaded There are many files that are running and processes that
Scan for all Corrupted windows system files and repair incorrect replace with correct MS versions not only for Windows 11 and 10, also for all other Win
The solution for: Delete temporary files and others automatically under Windows 11 and 10 Windows 10 has built-in features to free up space by deleting
If the external hard drive is always shut down very quickly, it will always take a little eternity for the disc to respond. Many users ask about external
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- I cleaned up trash, can I clean up more redundant files from the disk or do a memory optimization on Windows 10?
- Having a problem, I need several GB on hard drives as free space to do Windows 10 update installations, can I remove stuff and free up space?
- I can not install the latest Windows update to version Windows 10, and now it comes out of space on the hard drive?
- Help Microsoft updates installations necessary insufficient memory, can I get rid of data garbage?
- I have / wanted to do a major update to Windows 10 looking for a trick to tidy up to free up a lot of memory?
- Help has to clean the disk as I remove old things on Windows, do not want a new installation, but update Windows 10!
- I can not update to the Windows 10 latest update, because there is not enough space available. There is not enough space on Windows C:\ Local HDD Auto Update is Broken?
- I have updated to Windows 10 last version, and I have noticed disk space missing, a small amount on my Hard Drive?