How to create and format a new partition (volume) in Windows 7?
Use the Windows-7 Disk Management to perform disk-related tasks such as creating and formatting partitions and volumes.
Open the "Computer Management" start the Windows-7 Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E] and enter in the Address-Bar
"mmc.exe compmgmt.msc /s" and press ENTER. OR:
» "Start", » » "Control Panel", » "Administrative Tools", » » "Computer Management"
In the "Computer Management" you see now the "Disk-Management" (see Image-1).
Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click "New Simple Volume" (see Image-1). In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
Then follow the Information in the "New Simple Volume Wizard" (See Image-2) "New Simple Volume Wizard" helps you to create a simple partition (volume) on a disk.
Image-1: Create and format a new partition (volume) in Windows-7!
Image-2: Windows-7 New Simple Volume Wizard!
Tip! To start Disk Management directly:
Over » "Start"
type in » Perform (Edit-Box) "diskmgmt.msc" [ENTER].
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
FAQ 47: Updated on: 25 September 2018 00:46
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Simple volume format size for new simple volume on windows 7?
- Problem with new Partition or Volume for windows 7 starter?
- Format command windows 7 cmd?
- Create partition volume windows 7?
- Format computer windows 7 ultimate Partion?
- How to create partitions in Windows 7 starter?
- Create new volume in windows 7?
- How to create partition in windows 7 starter?
- How to make a partition in windows 7 ultimate without formatting?
- Creating volumes on size in disk partitions?
- How to get partition in windows 7 starter?
- How to create a simple Particion in PC?
- How to make enable delete button during format by window 7?
- How to create a partition of volume in windows?
- How to create a new partition or volume in Windows 7?
- How to create new partition windows 7 when formatting?
- Format a new partition windows 7?
- How to create new partition in windows 7 starter?
Keywords: windows, seven, create, format, partition, volume, win7, Questions, Answers, Software