How to enable the password prompt for screen saver in Windows 8.1 (disable, turn off, turn on)?
To enable or disable the password prompt for screen saver in Windows-8 / 10 or 8.1:
1.) Enable or disable the screen saver password!
Please press the key combination [Win-Logo]+[R], then just type the command:
Rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1 (... See Image-1 Arrow-1),
or the command:
control.exe desk.cpl,screensaver,@screensaver (... See Image-1 Arrow-1),
to open the Screen Saver Settings (Image-1).
Here simply disable/enable "On resume, display login screen" (See Image 1 Arrow-2), if the password is not to be used, or enable if you want to use the screen saver password protection.
You must make sure that the password for the user account is created:
See this: ... How to change the Windows 8 user password, remove or create?
(Image-1) Enable password during screen saver in Windows 8 (disable, stop, switch)
Type the name of a program, folder, document, or internet resource and Windows will open it for you.
2.) Why many user on computers and laptops disable the password entry!
If you log in for convenience. So also in Windows 10 or 8.1. In this respect, Windows is no exception. For security reasons, this is of course a risky decision. While on the other side on a home computer where nothing important is stored, only photos, music, movies and games make it almost pointless to have a password retype that for the account every time. This FAQ is to disable password entry in Windows 10, so you don't have to re-enter when you log in again!
Read This: ► Auto login windows 10 without password?
FAQ 48: Updated on: 6 July 2018 02:11
Is easily to activate or customize the screen saver in Windows-8 or 8.1 via the screen saver "screen saver settings" in Win 8.1/8 Please start the screen saver
Solution, to see the on screen keypad at log in in Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 > Please see the screenshots 1 & 2 for login without the keyboard, via virtual keyboard
Example to show Control Panel, My Computer This-PC on 8.1, Network on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Desktop Yes It lacks some standard icons on Windows 8
The "My Computer" is for many User an reference point on Windows 8 and 8.1 to manage files and folders
You want the Windows-8 for personal use, or you dont need the BitLocker and Remote-Desktop connection, then is Windows 8 enough for you. If not, then the
Easy start open the BitLocker in Windows-8 / 10 and 8.1 Please press the key combination [Win-Logo]+[R], then simply type the command control.exe /name
To use and activate Win 8 remote support for remote desktop connection in Windows-8 Win8 Remote-Desktop is available from Windows 8 Pro, the default state of win8 remote support is enable
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to add screensaver password in windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 password protect screen saver?
- Windows 8.1 password screen saver?
- Off password on windows 8.1?
- How to turn off screensaver on windows 8.1?
- Turn off start screen password windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 screensaver password?
- Window 8.1 screen saver ask password?
- How to create a password for screen saver in winow 8?
- Windows 8 require password screensaver?
- Windows 8.1 screensaver without password?
- Turn off windows 8.1 password screen?
- Add password to screensaver windows 8?
- Password saver windows 8?
- How to disable password in windows 8.1 screen saver?
- Windows sevar administrator password key download?
- Screen saver password protective windows 8?
- Turn off scrrensaver password windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 password when screensaver?
- Windows 8.1 how to delete password for screensaver?
- How do I add a password when window 8 is on screensaver?
- Windows 8.1 password saver?
- How to enable screen saver-windows 8?
- Turn off password protection for screen saver windows 8?
- Password screensaver windows 8?
- Screensaver password win 8?
- Psword on screensaver windows 8.1?
- How to turn off the screensaver in windows 8?
- Window 8.1 password screensaver how?
- Turn off password windows 8?
- On resume password protection in screen saver windows 2012 server?
- Turn offf screen saver password windows 8?
- How to turn on Windows Password Prompt?
- Remove windows screensaver password in win 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 enable password prompt?
- How to change the loging screen in windows 8.1 thats prompts for username as well?
- Screensaver password windows 8?
- Windows 2012 gpo prompt for password screen saver?
- Turn On Password Windows 7?
- Windows 8.1 how to turn off password prompt?
- Window 8.1 screen saver password?
- Password on screensaver windows 8?
- Remove password screen saver prompt?
- Screen saver password windows 8.1?
- How to disable password on window 8.1 screen saver?
- Windows 8.1 power saver password?
- How to turn off password screen windows 8.1?
- Enable password screensaver windows 8?
- Set the Windows 8.1 screensaver password?
- Screen saver settings windows 8.1 password?
- Setup screen saver password windows 8.1?
- Turn off password on windows 8.1 screensavers?
- Enable screen saver windows 8.1 login screen?
- Disable screen saver password windows 8.1?
- Password required after screen saver windows 8.1?
- How to disable password prompt windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 start inlogscreen screensaver?
- Disable password prompt screen saver windows 8.1?
- Add password for screen saver windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 disable password screensaver?
- Have to key in password on windows 8.1 after screensave?
- Ask user for username and password screen server 2012?
- Win-8 Password protect the screen saver off or on force?
- password screensaver Windows 8.1?
- Wscreen saver password indows 8.1 ?
- Windows 8.1 how to require password after screensaver?
- How to turn off password on windows 8.1 screen saver?
- Password protected screensaver windows 8?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, 10, ten, enable, password, prompt, screen, saver, disable, turn, off, om, Questions, Answers, Software