How to set in Windows 8 / 10 associations for file type: open with multiple programs or apps?
To define in Windows 8 / 10 or 8.1 a file type associate to open with multiple programs or apps, please open the "Default Programs" settings!
Please use the key combination [Windows Logo] + [R] , then just type the command
control.exe /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageFileAssoc or open default programs and tap or click the text "Associate a file type .... a program"
See : ... How to open and change default programs settings in Windows 8
Click the Fileextensions [... see Image 1 Arrow-1] and Change program... [... see Image 1 Arrow-2]
See also: The wrong program opens a file in Windows-8?
(Image-1) Set file associations in Windows 8.
If you want to choose which file types and protocols a program uses by default, tap or click choose defaults for this program. Note, if a program doesn't show up in the list, you can make the program a default by associating a file type or protocol with it.
Use this option to fine-tune default programs based on the file type or protocol. For example, you can have all jpg image files open, using one program and bmp image files open, using a different program.
FAQ 74: Updated on: November 27th 2015 18:39
| Disable Windows 8 / 10 auto turn off?
To disable Windows 8 or Win 8.1 auto turn off, please read this: How to disable/enable Hibernate or Sleep at Windows 8 How to prevent system shutdown,
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Open with in windows 8.1?
- Set file associations windows 8?
- Set file types in win8.1?
- Set a file in windows 8?
- File type assoc setting windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 associate a file type?
- Windows 8.1 DDE file type ?
- How to Associate a file type or protocol with a program in Windows 8?
- How to set file types opening windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 file open with options?
- Windows 8.1 file type open?
- Windows 8 open type?
- File types settings windows 8?
- Windows 8 open with file associations for Windows 8.1 image file type?
- Windows 8 file types?
- Open with windows 8 file type ?
- Overview file types in windows 8 and Windows 8 associate file type?
- How do I set advanced file associations in Windows 8?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, 10, ten, associations, file, type, open, with, multiple, programs, apps, Questions, Answers, Software