Group policy update on Windows 11, 10, ... command line!
After changing the group policy, you can force an immediate update via the Windows 11, 10, ... or MS Server OS command line!
If you make a change in group policies under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 , ... (Group Policy Object, GPO), the change on a Windows domain controller or a simple desktop PC only takes place when Windows is restarted . Even if all Windows computers check Active Directory at regular intervals to make changes to Group Policy Objects, an immediate update is sometimes necessary.
Force the application of a group policy under Windows?
If you need to apply the change immediately, you can trigger the update process with the following command:
This command compares the currently applied GPO with the GPO located on the domain controllers. If nothing has changed since the GPO was last used, the GPO will be skipped.
When Windows accepts the request, it displays the following message:
Updating the policy ... The computer policy update completed successfully.
The user policy update completed successfully.
| (Image-1) Force a group policy update on Windows 11, 10, ... with the command line!
FAQ 79: Updated on: 26 August 2023 10:45
Using the command line it is also easy to synchronize your MS Windows OS with a www time server The simplest method for synchronizing with a time server
It is easy to fix any problems with wireless networks via the cmd.exe command line by resetting the TCP / IP on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Case
You can also use a PowerShell command to shut down the computer on all Windows 11, 10, Desktop and Server OS Everyone probably knows shutdown in the
Practically the REN command to rename files, here are a few examples in the cmd.e / command prompt under Windows 11, 10, etc. This short renaming
Its easy to adjust the maximum processor frequency with Power Shell MS Windows 11, 10, and Server On the Microsoft website there are useful tips on
You can also use a PowerShell command to save Internet pages on your computer and that on all Windows 11, 10, desktop and MS Server operating systems
Changing the screen buffer size for MS Windows OR Command Prompt output is very convenient and easy on Desktops and MS Server OS With larger / longer text
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Update group policies without preset timeout so that group policy management is triggered? Force group policy update by command on the computer?
- Can I update group policies on Windows 11, 10, .. without waiting to update the configuration without these waiting times?
- Update group policy cmd on all Windows OS?
- Looking for a command line utility that will speed up the normal update process and make all saved policies and all group policy settings instant and update group policies?
- How to update user-specific policy changes on a Windows machine?
- Group Policy Refresh, if they find any changes, apply them at the next interval.?
- Want instant Group Policy updates without booting that GPO changes take effect immediately?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, console, group, policy, update, command, line, changing, force, immediate, server, change, Questions, Answers, Software