REN command to rename files, examples command prompt!
Practically the REN command to rename files, here are a few examples in the cmd.e / command prompt (under Windows 11, 10, ... etc.)!
Example 1: Change file extension from log to txt
rename *.log *.txt
We can rename, change the extension of files in batch with the REN or RENAME command . For example, suppose you have a number of files with a .jpeg extension and you want to rename them to .jpg. You can do this with the following command ren *.jpeg *.jpg, all files in the current directory will be changed from *.jpeg to *.jpg
Example 2: Change file extension also in the subdirectory
forfiles /S /M *.jpeg /C "cmd /c rename @file @fname.jpg"
If you want to rename files recursively in all subfolders from one extension to another, you can use the forfiles command in combination with rename or ren .
The following command would completely remove the extension for the specified file types.
forfiles /S /M *.jpeg /C "cmd /c rename @file @fname"
Example 3: Simple renaming of a file
rename "d:\My Documents\file-1.doc" file-2.doc
After executing the above command, file-1.doc will be in the d:\My Documents\file-2.doc folder
FAQ 82: Updated on: 13 September 2023 07:39
You can also use a PowerShell command to shut down the computer on all Windows 11, 10, Desktop and Server OS Everyone probably knows shutdown in the
Its easy to adjust the maximum processor frequency with Power Shell MS Windows 11, 10, and Server On the Microsoft website there are useful tips on
You can also use a PowerShell command to save Internet pages on your computer and that on all Windows 11, 10, desktop and MS Server operating systems
Changing the screen buffer size for MS Windows OR Command Prompt output is very convenient and easy on Desktops and MS Server OS With larger / longer text
It is easy to securely erase data from hard drives with DiskPart via command prompt in MS Windows 11, 10, or Server OS Safely erase a hard drive with
It is easy to list all WiFi / WLAN access points using a command prompt under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and MS Server 2019, 2016, The best way to do this
It is easy to generate random numbers via a batch file under Windows Server and all MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop OS and MS Server There are free tools
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Examples for Renaming files with mv Command in a command-line terminal?
- REN command to rename files, examples command prompt?
- Command tool for moving and renaming files?
- Windows, 11, 10, how to Rename or Batch Rename Files?
- CMD to Rename files, folders in windows operating system?
- How to Rename File and Folder Using Windows Command Line?
- Rename multiple files easily with CMD and Command Prompt in Windows?
- Rename a file in the Windows terminal?
- How to rename files using command-line in Windows 11?
- To Rename a File from the Command Prompt?
- How to rename all files with extension in CMD?
- How to batch rename files from the command line and change extensions recursively?
- Can I use rename command to rename a file or folder from Command Prompt?
- How to rename files in Windows CMD, is Renaming of file in cmd is very easy?
- How to manipulate filenames in Windows and rename files?
- Which command can you use to rename a file?
- Rename files in all the subfolders using a single command in Windows command prompt?
- Command Line Tool For Renaming Multiple Files in Windows?
- Batch script rename file using Command Line?
- How Do I Rename a File in the Windows Terminal?
- Examples of renaming files with the Rename-Item, file names using a single line?
- How to batch rename multiple files in subfolders in Windows?
- How to Use the rename Command on MS Windows?
- Rename file from command line?
- How to rename and batch rename files?
- Windows command prompt (CMD) allows me to rename files using the rename command?
- How to rename a file with a Command prompt?
- How to Rename File in CMD the Command Prompt?
- Easily rename multiple file names at once using the wildcard characters in the Command prompt?
- How do you rename a file in CMD Windows 10?
- How To Batch Rename Files In Windows 10?
- How To Rename Multiple Files At Once In Windows?
- Rename File Command Line (cmd) In Windows?
- Batch Rename Files from Command Line?
- How to rename multiple files with Windows cmd?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, console, command, rename, files, examples, prompt, short, renaming, Questions, Answers, Software