The wrong program opens a file in Explorer View, why?
If a data type is opened with the wrong program (* .txt, *. Dok etc.), the standard application for the file type concerned should be changed
Many users who use the comfortable Microsoft Windows Explorer do not know that the Quad Explorer
is subject to the same conditions as the MS File Explorer, especially with the file extensions it is a system-wide assignment. Only at point 3 here in the FAQ are there other options with which you can treat file extensions differently!
1.) Procedure for correctly assigning the file extensions!
1. Open the directory in which the file with the wrong program file assignment is located.
2. Select the file and right-click to open the options menu.
3. Go to "Open with" and sub-option "Open with app" (earlier program)
( ... see Image-1 point 1 to 3 )
Continue with the: correct assignment here in the example of the JPG file
This wrong program file assignment problem solution is also for Microsoft Windows Explorer is valid because it is a system-wide file program assignment, otherwise follow the tips in point 3: ►► More options for the file extensions!
| (Image-1) Assign file types to the correct program under MS Windows OS!
1b.) The correct assignment here in the example of the JPG file to "Adobe Photoshop 2018 32 Bit Photoshop.exe"
1. Scroll to the end (point 1)
2. Go to "More apps"
3. Scroll again to the end
4. " Find another app on this PC" << Click on
(optional: always this APP (earlier program) Use to open .jpg files
5. Enter the full path
As an example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (32 bit)\Photoshop.exe"
6. Only on "Open"
Not very simple, but you don't do it every minute, this also applies to Microsoft Windows Explorer and all other programs, i.e. a system-wide file extension assignment, not just for Quad Explorer !
Tip:Find out the program path for running processes / programs!
| (Image-3) Open file types, file extensions correctly with a program!
2.) General procedure in Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Windows 7!
► In Windows 10, the files are opened with the wrong program!
► Specify the Windows 7 file associations for file extensions for standard programs?
3.) Other options for the file extensions in Quad Explorer!
FAQ 1: Updated on: 13 July 2021 05:38
Depending on the installed or portable version, the Q-Dir.ini is stored in the working directory or in the APPDATA FOLDER saved 1. Open the Q-Dir.ini
This is the predefined color syntax by the Color-Filter in the Filemanager Q-Dir, you can disable this in Explorer View Setings
It is very easy to create create a new Folder in the Explorer View of Q-Dir, here are the solutions and examples
Is very simple to start the file manager Q-Dir whit your favorite settings, to open favorite folders in Explorer View at Q-Dir Start
Its very easy to change the favorites folder for the alternative file Explorer for Windows 11, 10, etc. Simple, Open the ▼Main Menu ▼Favorites▼Folder.
The Color Syntax for MP3 Files in the File Explorer Q-Dir for all Windows OS, you can activate or deactivate it at any time
The solution to start the alternative Explorer Q-Dir for Windows with the last Explorer View settings and Columns plus Window position
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- File type wrong programs!
- How can I open any file or with file type min of a specific application?
- How to remove the wrong Open with programmes for a file?
- I have the problem that the file always starts with the wrongly assigned program!
- How to regulate what program opens what file?
- Icons open wrong program in Quad Explorer for Windows all OS!
- Windows 10 opens files wrong program?
- File in rar file open in wrong program?
- Control programs use wrong program to open?
- I have opened a file once with the wrong program, now it always opens incorrectly!
- When I open a rar, wrong application opens?
- I usually edit normal text files in ".txt" or ".ascii" format. It would be nice if you could preset an editor, in this case "TextPad", and use the F4 key, for example, to open the files to save time. Or maybe I missed that?
- If I double-click a file in Windows, it opens with the wrong program.
- My PDF file does not open with the right program, I tried something around but now I have to ask a stupid question. Now that the wrong program is always started. What do I have to do to fix this? I'm simply at a loss!
- Help, Wrong program opens a file!
- File opens with wrong program!
- Clicking an icon opens the wrong program!
- A certain file type is always opened again with the "wrong" program. Then a stupid error message comes up and says that the program to open this file type could not be found.
- Program opens with wrong program!
- My "* .jpg" file is opened with the wrong program. Couldn't fix the problem with a clean install. I don't know Regedit. How could I make a change? Please propose a solution.
- I accidentally changed the file type of a RAR or ZIP file. In Editor (it doesn't matter what I've changed the file to). Now he no longer opens the file correctly and I can no longer unzip it. Now every file of the type has a white sheet with an editor character instead of a white sheet without anything as before. How do I change it now? Because under the normal opening with "...", I can not find something like that. I would be very grateful if you would help me.
- Settings choosing wrong program!
Keywords: wrong, program, opens, file, explorer, view, press, with, right, mouse, button, select, open, choose, windows, 11, 10, 8.1, Questions, Answers, Software