Front pages, back pages, sorting, duplex PDF scanning and printing!
For non-duplex scanners you have problems with front / back sorting to get the right order in the PDF for the printout!
Advance! The problem description does not cover duplex scanners. Full Duplex scanners sort anyway automatically! Advance! If you own a multifunctional duplex printer it is not at the same time a duplex scanner!
1.) The duplex problem with non-duplex scanners!
You scan the stack twice: 1.) once front, 2.) once back:
Of course you want to have them in a stored document in the right order.
For non-duplex scanners, the PDF page order would be for example 1,3,5,7,8,6,4,2
From version 3.88 you can simply use this function in WinScan2PDF
Right Click on List View ► Duplex ► Use sorting for non-duplex scanner.
Then the pages are sorted correctly the page order: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 6, 4, 2 then becomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Info: If this does not mean anything to you, do not worry, then you do not need this feature. Just ignore it :-).
See also: ► How to uninstall WinScan2PDF?
| (Image-1) sorting non duplex PDF scanning and printing!
If you've bought a new scanner and connected it to Windows 10, you won't experience any problems with the device after installing the latest drivers. However, if you have an old scanner and you don't see Windows 10 when connecting to a PC, here's how to configure it.
Especially with Windows 10, if your scanner is older than 3 years and the data carrier with the installation software does not correspond to the operating system version, you should go to the website of the official device manufacturer and download new drivers.
Here are instructions: ► Problem with driver for the scanner under Windows 10!
2.) The duplex problem with non-duplex printers!
It is very handy if you have a non-duplex printer. Then from WinScan2PDF 3.88 you can easily save the front pages as a PDF and save the back pages as a separate PDF file.
Now you can conveniently print the front pages PDF and then open the paper tray on your LASER-JET and reload the pages and print on the back side. (... see picture-2)
Thus, it is environmentally friendly and they unconsciously counteract climate change and, incidentally, save 1 Cent per page ;-)
| (Image-2) PDF printing non duplex Printer!
3.) Auto rotate eevery second page, before create a PDF!
From Version 4.63, the back side can be automatically rotated correctly before the PDF is created!
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 3
Is good for older Duplex-Scanner!
| (Image-3) Flip ergo Rotate back pages for duplex PDF scanning!
Unfortunately, with older Duplex-Scan over the feeder the back is always rotated by 180 °. So if, for example, 10 pages scan by feeder, the pages 2,4,6,8 etc. are rotated by 180 ° and I do not have to manually rotate these pages.
5.) ... The story about this duplex function in WinScan2PDF!
Hello, I have a request or suggestion for the WinScan2PDF program. It seems good, as do all of your programs. I am currently using QDir and I am very satisfied. Now I have come across WinScan2PDF - but have not yet tested because I am missing something essential. Namely the ability to do "duplex" on non-duplex scanners.
THAT would be a real test solution for many people. So scan sheets, turn around, scan again - and the program sorts ..... Then you could part with programs like Paperport, which are too buggy anyway. Since sorting is already included in the SW, this change would probably not be a major challenge for you.
Many greetings and thanks for the great job you are doing!
do I understand correctly
page 1,3,5,7, ..... Print
then 2,4,6,8, ..... Print
yes, just don't print, save.
If you scan the stack, you have scanned pages 1, 3, 5, ... 13 (7 sheets in the document as an example).
If you turn the stack over and scan again, you have scanned pages 14, 12, 10, ....., 2.
They then "only" have to be sorted appropriately ......
That's right backwards. So
sort the original pages in WinScan2PDF . 1,2, 3 ..... 20
[Duplex printing front side] 1, 3, 5, 7
[Duplex printing rear side] 8, 6, 4, 2
Duplex PDF front side file> 1, 3, 5, 7
Duplex PDF back side File> 8, 6, 4, 2
I see everything right now
In the blink of an eye (I have to go) I don't understand what you mean by
"Duplex PDF front side file> 1, 3, 5, 7
Duplex PDF back side file> 8, 6, 4, 2"
So again my wish: I scan the stack twice: 1.) once on the front, 2.) once on the back:
Of course I want to have them in a saved document in the correct order.
If I understand you correctly, you also want a printer serve. which are not duplex capable.
That's a good idea, of course, if that's what that's meant. It didn't occur to me because my printers are duplex. But the scanners don't ...
(On occasion I would like to learn how to become such a programming crack and write programs that are so good and so compact. Nowadays every Windows program is at least 50 MB, and not 50 KB as yours.)
I understand the printer doesn't do duplex!
With the scanner it would be
> Scan fronts
> Scan backs
And WinScan2PDF sorts the thing correctly.
But I will also include that with the printer.
> to: how to become such a programming crack and write programs
I have been programming since 1995 and try to make full use of the available functions in Windows.
I also don't understand why they are getting so big with the others,
possibly to make the software more difficult to copy (copy protection).
FAQ 15: Updated on: 1 December 2020 06:59
It is quite easy to add a PDF file content from other PDFs or images to create a new PDF file With the freeware WinScan2PDF
The solution is easy to translate WinScann2PDF in your country language, or change e.g. switch the language
You can delete the temporary scans, in previous versions were deleted automatically Content / Solution / Tip: 1. Delete temporary scans from Version
If the Windows Defender folder protection is active, eg under Windows 10 problems with the use of WinScan2PDF can occur Many users do not know that programs
The option should be activated easily, then scanned JPEGs are automatically deleted or cleaned up when the program is closed Content / Solution / Tips:
Using the WIA or TWAIN scanner interface, is the question, of course, easy switching to you favorite interface is a important point for a comfortable scan
With drag and drop it is easier to define the positioning of the documents in the PDF by dragging and dropping It is also possible to specify the order
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- For a document and duplex to create front pages.pdf and back pages.pdf just great idea, I thought I would also have to write a script and then execute it, as it is on many pages as an example?
- Do I like the solution, the backs in reverse order 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 etc. in a second step do I have my two PDF files?
- No duplex scan to sort PDF?
- Scan software double-sided?
- I have always been looking for tips on the search term duplexer for one-sided scans, which is often the case with my laser multifunction device, although it has an automatic document feeder, but unfortunately no scan duplex function, so I have to until I have found this tool Scanning whole printed documents one by one, page by page, to get the front from the back correct, now I have finally found the solution, is there an easier way?
- So again my wish: I scan the stack twice: 1.) once front, 2.) once backs: Of course I want to have them in a stored document in the correct order. If I understand you correctly now, then you want printers serve. which are not duplex capable. Of course that's a good idea, if that's what it means. I did not remember because my printers are duplex. But the scanners are not .... (On occasion I would like to learn how to become such a program crack and write programs that are so good and so compact. Today, every Windows program has at least 50 MB, and not 50 KB like yours.)?
- I'm just struggling with duplex scanning, desperately looking for the duplex setting. How can I tell the program to scan the paper in the printer feeder from both sides?
- I wanted to use PowerShell to make a duplex scan of my own script, that went wrong, I scan a lot of double-sided documents with the help of the automatic feeder on my Canon multifunction device, quite simply in two passes, so first the front sides, then I turn I stack the stack and then I scan the back, but when I save both I want it in a PDF file, now finally the solution to the duplex problem!
- Scan double-sided pdf?
- Hello, I have a request or suggestion for the program WinScan2PDF. It seems to be good, as are all your programs. I am currently using QDir and I am quite satisfied. Now I came across WinScan2PDF - but have not tested yet, because I miss something essential. Namely the ability to do "duplex" on non-duplex scanners. THAT would be a real trial solution for many people. So scan leaves, turn around, scan again - and sort the program ..... Then you could disconnect from programs like Paperport, which are too buggy anyway. Since sorting is already included in the SW, this change would not be a big challenge for you.?
- I am currently struggling with duplex scan, desperately looking for the duplex setting. How can I tell the program to scan the paper in the feeder from both sides?
- You have a lot of underlay, so the front and back are printed on both sides, I want to scan them in and have a feed scanner that can also scan or save directly as a PDF, but like all of them do not master duplex scanning, so I had no other choice When looking for this tool that can do it on all my scanners, I use Canon, Brother and HP, and I need to scan these front and back sides again and again, this is really a problem because there are different procedures, also for odd pages and one with all the backs so far has always been desperate, straight sides, front, back, .... . Ultimately, I want it all pages in one file and of course in the correct order,?
- Separate double-sided pages when scanning?
- It is also the case that multifunction devices can independently save scanned documents as PDF files, but this function is sometimes pointless because you want to change the result of a PDF file, i.e. the front pages and the order 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, ..., isn't all the work on a PDF file?
- Scan two sides and then print on both sides?
- Scan front and back?
- Merging the front and back in the correct order as a PDF file is one of the topics, but it is not a problem with this, and you don't even have to describe it for a long time!
- Sort duplex scan?
- To sort the pages in the correct order, use this PDF tool, possibly the best tool, since it doesn't even have to be installed!
Keywords: winscan2pdf, front, pages, back, sorting, duplex, scanning, printing, non-duplex, scanners, have, problems, with, right, order, printout, content, problem, Questions, Answers, Software