Where is the Windows 10 Start Sound, Logoff, Logon (enable, activate)?
The solution is simple to activate the Window 10 Start Sound and also for User Logoff, or Logon / Login on Windows 10!
This solution is also for Windows-7 and Windows 8.1 / 8!
1.) ... Activate the sounds in the Windows-10 Registry!
2.) ... Enable the Sounds in the Windows-10 Sound Scheme!
See also: || navigation area in Windows 10 Explorer || The Typing in Windows 10 is slowly || Auto login in10 without password ||
1.) Activate the sounds in the Windows-10 Registry!
Please start the Windows 10 Registry-Editor via Windows-Logo + R and regedit command.
Browse to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\ and Select the Key SystemExit , please set the ExcludeFromCPL from "1" to "0" (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 to 6)
Please repeat the steps, for: WindowsLogoff, WindowsLogon and WindowsUnlock.
| (Image-1) Window 10 Start Sound, Logoff, Logon Registry entry!
2.) Enable the Sounds in the Windows-10 Sound Scheme!
Please open in the the Windows 10 Control Panel the sound settings via the Sound icon.
Or directly from the Windows 10 run dialog and command control /name Microsoft.Sound /page Sounds
Now you can quite easily activate the Windows 10 Start Logoff / Logon sound.
(... see Image-2 Arrow 1 to 7)
| (Image-2) Enable the Window 10 Start Sound, Logoff, Logon!
Useful Info from (c) Microsoft:
You can have your Windows-10 computer play a sound when certain events occur on your computer. (An event can be an action that you perform, such as logging on to your Windows-10 computer, or an action that your computer performs, such as alerting you when you receive new e‑mail.) Windows comes with several sound schemes (a collection of related sounds) for common events. Additionally, some desktop themes have their own sound schemes.
When you change one or more event sounds in Windows-10, a new sound scheme is automatically created, and is given the same name as the current scheme, but with "(modified)" added. For example, if the current scheme is Sonata, and you change one or more sounds, the new scheme is called Sonata (modified). The original sound scheme is preserved with its original Windows-10 name .
Windows 10 Sound events!
- Calendar Reminder
- Close Program
- Critical Battery Alarm
- Critical Stop
- Default Beep
- Desktop Mail Notification
- Device Connect
- Device Disconnect
- Device Failed to Connect
- Exit Windows
- Instant Message Notification
- Low Battery Alarm
- Menu Command
- Menu Pop-up
- Message Nudge
- New Fax Notification
- New Mail Notification
- New Text Message Notification
- NFP Completion
- NFP Connection
- Open Program
- Print Complete
- Program Error
- Restore Down
- Restore Up
- Show Toolbar Band
- System Notification
- Windows Change Theme
- Windows Logoff
- Windows Logon
- Windows Unlock
- Windows User Account Control
Windows Speech Recognition
- Blocked Pop-up Window
- Complete Navigation
- Empty Recycle Bin
- Feed Discovered
- Move Menu Item
- Notification bar
- Start Navigation
- Disambiguation Numbers
- Disambiguation Panel
FAQ 103: Updated on: September 13th 2015 13:34
| FAQ: Windows-10|
|98. Create search shortcut on Windows-10 Desktop, how to?|
|99. Save search results in Windows 10 for always recurring search events?|
|100. Where are other Windows 10 features, how to activate it?|
|101. Why Windows 10 close my programs at program start?|
|102. Mouse pointer shadow in Windows 10, (enable, disable)?|
|103. Where is the Windows 10 Start Sound, Logoff, Logon (enable, activate)? *** |
|104. Windows-10 tool to change the color profile for a device, where is it? (printer, fax)|
|105. Shortcut for Device Manager on Windows-10 Desktop, how to? (Drivers)|
|106. Virtual on screen keyboard windows 10 Desktop shortcut, how to?|
|107. Where to find Experience Index, PC rating in Windows-10?|
|108. Cancel all printing orders in Windows 10 via print service?|
»» Windows-10 FAQ-INDEX
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Activate logon sound in windows 7?
- Sound Registry?
- How to Play Windows-10 System Start Sound?
- How to change startup tone in windows 10?
- Change windows 10 login sound?
- How to change windows 10 logon sound?
- Enable log on and log off sounds on windows 10?
- Win 10 sound program events does not show windows start or shutdown?
- Add logon sound windows 10, Regedit battery critical disable?
- Windows 10 computer start up tones download?
- Windows 10 pc log on sounds?
- Windows 10 will not play login sounds?
- How to Play Windows-7 System Start Sound?
- How to change windows 10 start sound?
- No chime when loging on with Windows 10?
- Activate logon sound in windows 10?
- Suara logon windows 10?
- Change windows 10 startup sound?
- Enable Windows 10 Startup Sound?
- How to Play Windows-8.1 System Shutdown Sound?
- Enable the logoff sound in windows 10?
- Activate logon sound in windows 8.1?
- Enable the logoff sound in windows 8.1?
- How to Play Windows-7 System Shutdown Sound?
- Windows 10 enable start up sound?
- How to enable windows 10 startup sound?
- How to change windows 8.1 start sound?
- How to Play Windows-10 System Shutdown Sound?
- Windows 10 startup sound tone download?
- How to Play Windows-8.1 System Start Sound?
- Windows 10 sound for windows startup?
- Enable windows 10 sound scheme?
- Win 10 startsound?
- Windows10 startup tone, geluid start?
- Windows 10 login sound?
- When windows 10 starts there is nowindows start sound?
- Windows 10 log in sound, how to change Windows 10 Logon Sound?
- Windows start up sound 10?
- WINDOWS 10 Windows Logon?
- No startup sound in windows 10?
- Windows 10 logoff?
- Enable the logoff sound in windows 7?
- How to add startup sound in windows 10?
- How to change windows 7 start sound?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, where, start, sound, logoff, logon, enable, activate, turn on, turn off, Questions, Answers, Software