Customize Recycle Bin in Windows 10, how to?
You can easily customize the Recycle Bin in Windows 10, for example, the maximum size in MB, or disable the Recycle Bin.
This brief solution is also available for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, as well as Server 2016 and 2012, customizing and optimizing the Recycle Bin is a great way to prevent the files from even ending up in the trash
See also: ► Safe deletion of files for more protection!
1.) Customizing the trash and trash (Recycle Bin) size!
Please open the Recycle Bin Properties via Run-Dialog and the command shell:RecycleBinFolder
(... see Image-1 Arrow 1&2)
By a mouse right-click on an empty space in the Explorer view, open the properties of the Recycle Bin in Windows-10!
(... see Image-1 Arrow 3 and 4)
And now select the Partition e.g. Recycle Bin Location and change the Settings for selected location:
1. Custom size in MB or
2. Disable the Recycle Bin for the selected Partition via Check-box:
Don't move files to the &Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
(... see Image-1 Arrow 5 to 7)
See also: How to delete files without the Recycle Bin || Customize the pagefile.sys in Windows 10
| (Image-1) Customize Recycle Bin in Windows-10!
When you delete a file from your Windows 10 computer, it's actually just moved to the Windows 10 Recycle Bin, where is it temporarily stored until the Recycle Bin is emptied. This gives you an opportunity to recover accidentally deleted files on Windows 10 and restore them to their original Windows 10 locations.
See also: How to restore Windows-8.1 / 10 Files and Folders || Restore system files and settings from a Windows 10 ||
2.) What should be considered when deleting and when is the trash (Recycle Bin) useless!
That should not be surprising. Many may have noticed that it happens when you delete that the deleted items do not end up in the trash.
As soon as you delete something in the network folder or on a smartphone just plugged in via the USB , the deleted items will not appear in the trash .
Here there is no configuration of the Recycle Bin works on some network folders, such as SMB and smartphones not .
FAQ 135: Updated on: 3 July 2018 18:20
If you have problems with the double-click speed in Windows 10, these can be resolved pretty quickly, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and Windows-7
The solution to Create Web Internet Shortcut in the Windows 10 Start Menu The Windows 10 home screen is basically a replacement for the old boot menu, which
The solution to Disable Login Screen in Windows 10 please read this: auto login windows 10 without password and this: Hide the Switch User at Login Screen
The solution to find and run the System File Checker, for example to fix some crashes or problems in Windows 10, search for corrupted, missing, files or
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How do I change my trash bin settings?
- How could I easily adjust the Recycle Bin in Windows 10, eg the maximum size in MB, or disable the Recycle Bin?
- Recycle bin custom resize size to re-adjust?
- Where can I find information about customizing the Recycle Bin on a Windows 10 computer?
- How to adapt Windows 10 recyle bin folder and custom size for HD?
- Recommended trash sizes Windows 10?
- Where is the trash on Windows 10?
- Customized Recycle Bin Size Windows 10?
- How to adjust recycle bin custom resize in Windows 10?
- It is possible to assimilate the recyle bin in Windows 10?
- I have a search query to customize the Recycle Bin in Windows 10, how?
- Can i to fit the Trash Basket in Windows 10?
- How to, don't move files to the Recycle Bin.?
- Windows 10, how can you change the trash can in size?
- What is the default trash size? How do I change my trash bin settings?
- How to change your desktop recycle bin size in windows 8 and 10 control panel customize, change?
- How to change the maximum amount of recycle bin memory in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 - how is the recycle size to changed and customized?
- Adjusting the size of Recycle Bin who can solve the problem, the large amount of data?
- Recycle bin in windows 10?
- How to change the Recycle Bin under Windows 10?
- How to adjust size from recycle bin?
- Whatever the reason, it's always worth checking the trash for your lost file. To do this, just go to your Windows desktop and double-click the trash icon.?
- How to scale, to customise, the size of recycle bin in Windows 10?
- How to to customize or to acclimatize recycle basket in Win 10?
- Adjust the size of Recycle Bin and the properties of the Recycle Bin?
- Can i align Windows recycle bin folder?
- I do not know where the custom size trash assignment on Windows 10 is?
- Default trash size in windows 10 Recycle Bin size limit change?
- Adjust the capacity of the Recycle Bin under Windows 10?
- How do I change the size of the default recycle bin icon in Windows 10?
- Custom trash size or rather how do I reduce the size of my trash?
- How do I change the recycle bin size in Windows 10?
- Customizing Recycle Bin Size in Windows 10, Recycle Bin Content Size?
- I'm almost embarrassed, and I do not want to ask for help because it's such a simple mistake I deleted the file and can not find the file in the Windows 10 Recycle Bin!?
- How do I increase my recycle bin, or the maximum amount of recycle bin in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 recycle bin is not updated is too full?
- I've got search queries to adjust trash size in Windows 10, how?
- What steps are to be taken when customizing trash bin size in Windows 10?
- How to change the standard paper size in Windows 10?
- How do I create custom RECYCLE bin with custom size in Windows 10?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, seven, eight, 8.1, customize, recycle bin, disable, enable, size, Questions, Answers, Software