How To terminate Programs in Windows 11,10, .. (Unresponsive, Hanged or Frozen)?
The solution is simple to terminate Unresponsive, Hanged or Frozen programs in
Windows 10 and 11!
1.) Terminate programs over the Windows 10 Task Manager!
Press the Windows 10 keyboard shortcut [Windows+Shift+ESC] to start the Windows 10 Task Manager.
Please click on "more details" (... see Image-1 Arrow-2) to see all the programs and information in the Task Manager!
To restart a program, please click the right mouse button on the appropriate program! In this example it is the MS-Explorer! You can "Restart" the program (... see Image-1 Arrow-5) , or close e.g. kill the program with the option "End Task"
| (Image-1) Terminate or Restart Programs in Windows-10!
2.) Kill the Frozen Programs via Windows-10 TASKKILL!
Start the CMD via Windows-X menu in Windows 10 (Keyboard Shortcut Windows-Logo + X)
Example 1: Kill the Windows-10 MS-Explorer and start again!
How to start cmd in Admin mode : ... Run Windows 10 command prompt (cmd.exe) in administrator mode!
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\User1>taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
SUCCESS: The process "explorer.exe" with PID 2652 has been terminated.
Example 2: batch file to restart the Windows 10 File Explorer
Download ... restart_explorer.bat
taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
3.) Close Hanged Programs via the Freeware ProcessKO!
ProcessKO is a famous freeware program that kill hanged and other programs very well in Windows-10 and all other Windows OS. ... read more about ProcessKO!
You can also restart windows-10 programs or processes with ProcessKO!
Read this ... restart windows programs or processes with ProcessKO?
| (Image-2) Use ProcessKO to terminate Programs in Windows-10!
Finally info to quit programs on Windows:
This example to stop hanging programs is suitable for: Windows 11, 10 Pro, Enterprise, Home, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, Windows 7 Basic, Professional, Starter, Ultimate The elegant solution is written not only for Windows 10, as you can see above in Windows 10 shot screenshot, quitting programs is not magic. However, you can use this example Without any hesitation, even on previous versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems to quit programs even if you were not at Hogwarts Quitting the Hanging Applications and desktop programs on the Windows desktop computer is a bit as easy on the tablet PC, Surface Pro / Go, or even is an MS Server operating system. It really makes sense to have several options to accomplish this task. Use the feature listed here as a solution, whether in the new MS Windows OS or on any of the older operating systems, almost all of them have been tested and successfully verified
FAQ 153: Updated on: 1 July 2021 16:54
The solution is simple to open the location of a Program in Windows-10/11 path, folder is also a tip for MS Server 2022, 2019, OS 1. Open the
The solution is simple to stop Windows 10 tablet PC from going to auto sleep mode, this solution is also for Windows 11, 8.1, 7 1. Please open the power
The solution is simple to Adjust screen brightness on Windows-10 tablet PC via Mobility Center Content: 1. Open the Mobility Center in Windows 10
Of course, you can change also under Windows 10 the path for "My documents" and its pretty easy to do, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and 7
It is simple to disable auto driver updates on Windows 10, if for example Windows-10 Update overwrites the installed manufacture driver via update
Solution to Save Images of Login Screen on Windows-10, Windows 10 presents on the lock screen daily new and spectacular images. You can for example also
The solution to disable the lock screen in Windows 10, the standard lock screen may be useful for mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Hanging window 10 and Windows 11 on the left?
- How to exit a Windows 10 and Windows 11 program?
- How can I use the Task Manager, with the key combination Program running, to select programs and then have them terminated?
- How do I exit a frozen Windows program?
- Hanging window 10 and Windows 11 left?
- How to terminate a program windows 10 and Windows 11 ?
- Problem software in the main memory, looking for a trick, crashed programs are terminated via command line program, if programs do not respond, via the Task Manager, Windows programs are terminated.?
- Sometimes an application or program crashes, so it doesn't respond and can't be terminated.?
- Problem applications browser, tricks task manager to assign taskkiller, keyboard shortcut.?
- How to ok terminate the program windows 8.1?
- How can I exit the program window 8.1?
- Windows 7, 8, 10 and Windows 11 terminate crashed programs via task killer, programs hang and do not respond, removed from memory?
- To quit Windows Live?
- How to terminate a windows program that froze?
- Windows 7, 8, 10 and Windows 11 crashed programs end a self-programmed task killer, freeze programs no feedback appears, I have a problem, the error does not disappear, close the application?
- Is it also easier to use the location, taskkill, shortcut created on the desktop?
- If an application crashes and can no longer be operated, what can I do? Programs do not respond?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, terminate, kill, close, programs, unresponsive, hanged, frozen, Questions, Answers, Software