Prevent Windows 10 programs from automatically starting, how does it work?
The Windows, or program windows that were last open, are partially opened automatically by the Windows 10 start!
If you don't want in Microsoft's Windows the automatically restore of the program windows at startup feature, then they're on the right page, but if you're looking for the autostart or auto-run folder, you should go to this page:
► Autostart programs in Windows 10?
1.) ... Turn off, the automatic reopening of programs on restart in Windows 10!
2.) ... Why this new feature auto-open program windows?
3.) ... Second solution that indirectly disable this new function!
1.) Turn off, the automatic reopening of programs on restart in Windows 10!
Although it is not possible to disable the feature in the UI, but you can prevent Windows 10 from restoring previously opened programs at, reboot ergo login .
1, Minimize all programs by pressing Windows logo + M or Windows logo + D.
2. Click on the desktop to focus the Desktop (or Windows Logo + D).
(The classic Shut Down Dialog)
3. Press Alt + F4 to open "Shut Down Window"
| (Image-1) The programs and auto open at start!
| (Image-2) Prevent Windows 10 to open the windows at startup or login!
2.) Why this new feature auto-open program windows?
One of the many minor changes in Windows 10 Case Creators / Redstone Update is that the operating system can now automatically open programs that were run before shut down or reboot the PC. If you shut down Windows 10 with some open applications, some of them will be started on the next windows 10 start!
How can I disable this feature is the most common question?
3.) Second solution that indirectly disable this new function!
Use the Shutdown.exe command line to shut down or restart Windows.
Create a desktop shortcut with the following command line:
shutdown.exe /s /t 0
Is described here: ► Restart, shutdown shortcut for Windows 10!
Microsoft recommends to manually close / end the programs so that they will not be restarted after the reboot. That's the best solution for this problem.
FAQ 230: Updated on: 5 November 2018 20:34
The solution is simple to enable Server 2016 Virtualization on Windows 10, easy enable or disable via Apps and Features Content / Solution / Tip: 1.
In Windows 10 Home are not local users and groups, or no local user and group manager Content: 1. Solution 1: Windows 10 Home - manage and create user
Conveniently it is easy to disable or enable the notification "Turn on virus protection" under Windows-10 Info: Anyone who enjoys working without Windows
The solution is quite easy to find color filter settings under Windows 10 Easy find color filter settings or change the settings in example to Contrast
If you are looking for an external floppy disk drive with USB interface and with USB 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0 for reading / writing 1.44 MB floppy drive Plug and
Under Windows 10, you can make settings in Explorer under Extras Downloads, how to handle file types before downloading files Content / Solution / Tips:
Here are tips and solutions to fix under Windows 10 the delayed / slow startup and high CPU load The following steps may lead to the solution of the problem:
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Can I customize the autostart in Windows 10 according to my wishes, e.g. activate and add programs?
- I want to remove the autostart of the programs under Windows 10, optionally deactivate them and can I remove all processes and programs that I have not installed myself?
- What do I have to press to see in the Task Manager the autostart programs that start with Windows 10?
- How do I improve the boot process on a fast hard drive on a current SSD and thus speed up my PC or alternatively are there solutions?
- Wonder if there are solutions on Windows 10 to remove startup programs i didn't add dera what is the problem solution?
- How do I find the Windows 10 autostart please make my work easier, I believe that many programs start automatically, how can I deactivate them as standard applications?
- Is it that the more startup programs on Windows I remove that Windows starts faster, is it much better?
- Can I manage the Windows 10 startup programs on my own, or should I rather leave it?
- I've heard that the startup programs in Windows 10 are easy to find, but it's not that easy what do I have to press to open the alternatives to the startup folder where are other programs located?
- Is there a rule that is helpful if I want to deselect the process with CCleaner from Autostart, but only delete the desired Autostart entry?
- Can I set up the autostart manually so that the window does not run if not in the autostart folder?
- Files or programs start with Windows need tip for programs that create a shortcut in the Startup folder I do not want to use the Startup programs better in Windows 10?
- I use a program very often, but cannot set in the software settings that it does not start automatically with Windows, does a program offer such a function here?
- I want to select that only some Windows 10 startup programs will be removed, so an alternative to deactivating can I completely remove the entries in the startup?
- Can I simply activate or deactivate the respective application to add or remove programs from Autostart, what do I do?
- I open the autostart folder and there are no applications in the autostart folder. What can I do to prevent programs from starting when I restart Windows?
- I did not add new programs to the autostart, is it possible that someone can show me how I use this function?
- I want to speed up the start of Windows 10, what can I do if the programs are autostart, who is it, how do I remove or deactivate them?
- How do I recognize which application is braking the most when starting or as autostart applications when I start the system? For example, do I need more computing power when Windows starts?
- Is there an extended range of functions for managing the Windows 10 auto start without external programs, which would interest me to get started with the Windows 10 auto run?
Keywords: windows, 10, prevent, programs, from, automatically, starting, does, work, program, last, open, partially, opened, start, want, microsoft, Questions, Answers, Software