How do I uninstall and install Cortana on Windows 11?
You can easily uninstall Cortana and reinstall it to fix any problems with Cortana under Windows 11 or Windows 10!
Since you cannot uninstall Cortana like many other applications, you have to start Windows PowerShell and run the uninstall command. You can remove Cortana for yourself or for any user account on your Windows 11 computer.
1.) Uninstalling Cortana on Windows 11!
With the PowerShell started on Windows 11, type (or copy and paste) the following command into the window and hit Enter to remove Cortana for the current user only! (... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.549981C3F5F10* | Remove-AppxPackage
After starting the command and if no error messages are displayed, the process worked.
If you want to remove Cortana for all users, enter the following command
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -name "*Microsoft.549981C3F5F10*" | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers
then press Enter!
Caution! If you want to remove for all user ► PowerShell must be run in admin mode!
| (Image-1) Uninstall Cortana on Windows 11 via PowerShell!
2.) Install the Cortana on Windows 11!
First as always: ► Start Microsoft Store in Windows 11 !
1. Click Start, type "Microsoft Store" and press Enter.
2. In the search box, just enter "Cortana" and then select "Cortana" from the search results.
3. Click the "Download" or "Install" button on the Cortana app page.
4. You can then start the Cortana directly and log into the Cortana APP directly!
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 6)
To reinstall Cortana in Windows 11, if you change your mind later, you can uninstall Cortana again from your computer
. Fortunately, reinstalling Cortana is an easy-to-use action, and it's made available in the Microsoft Store. To launch Cortana, click Start, type "Cortana" into Windows Search (Windows + Q) and press Enter.
| (Image-2) Install Cortana on Windows 11!
3.) Why uninstall or install Cortana?
Cortana, also known as Microsoft's virtual assistant for Windows 11, is not for everyone. The feature is easy to disable, but difficult to uninstall. With this helpful tip, you can completely remove Cortana from your Windows 11, or in the event of problems by reinstalling them, or to fix them!
FAQ 128: Updated on: 4 October 2022 08:36
The solution to see the pagefile.sys in Windows 11, also known as a paging file, or virtual memory 1. Make the Windows 11 swap file pagefile.sys visible
Under certain circumstances, very old programs can also run under Windows 11 if there are start problems 1. run the program as administrator under
If you have installed different languages under Windows 11, it can happen that both appear mixed in the Windows settings If Windows 11 is partly in
If you no longer have an admin account, you can restore the administrator under Windows 11, 10, and MS Server 2022, 2019 or become an admin 1.
If the "YES" button is not displayed when trying to start in administrative mode, it is a classic administrator account deficiency 1. The problem with
Especially with gamers, the screen frequency under Windows 11, 10, is an important question and whether the monitor was recognized correctly If the
Yes, with the automatic troubleshooter, it is easy to automatically troubleshoot Windows 11 computer problems 1. Find the troubleshooting under Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Can you repair Cortana and reactivate it? Can't turn it on in Windows 11?
- Uninstall Cortana on Windows 11?
- Cortana is no longer available, also not found in Windows 11 apps?
- Cortana won't start, why doesn't it work on Windows 11, what did I do wrong?
- Cortana doesn't work on Windows 11, can't start, how can I fix it ?!
- Can I deactivate or uninstall Cortana. Can I remove Cortana in Windows 11?
- Cortana cannot be installed or restarted?
- Windows 11 Cortana is not responding what can I do?
- Do not want to use Cortana, can I automatically uninstall it on Windows 11?
- I don't need the Windows 11 voice assistant, where can I find out how to easily uninstall Cortan?
- Looking for instructions to not only deactivate Cortana in Windows 11 Home but to uninstall it?
- Cortana doesn't respond, the app won't open?
Keywords: windows, 11, uninstall, install, cortana, easily, reinstall, problems, uninstalling, Questions, Answers, Software