Show delete confirmation dialog on Windows 8.1 / 10 when delete file!
The solution is simple to Display delete confirmation dialog in Windows-8.1 and 10 when delete files or folder in Windows!
1.) Solution 1: to open Recycle Bin Folder Properties via MS-EXPLORER!
To show the delete confirmation when delete e.g. move the files to Recycle Bin, please start the Ms Explorer [Windows-E].
Use Right-Mouse-Click on Recycle and select Properties (... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
And Activate the Check-Box: Display delete confirmation dialog (... see Image-1 Arrow-2)
| (Image-1) Turn off/on the delete confirmation dialog in Windows-8.1 when delete file!
Important and Useful info from (c) Microsoft!
When you delete a file, it gets moved to the Recycle Bin, where it's stored temporarily. Think of the Recycle Bin as a safety net that allows you to recover files or folders that you might have accidentally deleted. To open the Recycle Bin in File Explorer, enter Recycle Bin in the address bar.
Occasionally, you should empty the Recycle Bin to reclaim all of the storage space being used by files you don't need anymore. To empty the Recycle Bin, right-click or press and hold it, and then tap or click Empty Recycle Bin.
2.) Solution 2: to open Recycle Bin Folder Properties via run command!
Pleas RUN command shell:RecycleBinFolder to open the Recycle in Windows 8.1 and right click in empty place in Explorer View!
Info (c) Microsoft:
If you have multiple partitions, hard drives, or an external HD connected to your computer, every location will have its own Recycle Bin settings. When changing the settings of the Recycle Bin via Properties dialog, under Recycle Bin Location, make sure you select the location you want to change. (... see Image-2 Arrow-4
| (Image-2) Show Recycle Bin Properties in Windows-8.1!
Info (c) Microsoft
The Recycle Bin has two different appearances: one when it's empty, and one when it has files or folders inside. You can customize the appearance of the Recycle Bin by changing one or both of these icons.
FAQ 154: Updated on: 21 July 2019 10:31
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Icons Look Distorted on Delete Confirmation in win8.1?
- Delete options windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Windows 8.1 and Win 10 delete confirmation?
- Delete confirmation dialog in windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Windows 8.1 delete files confirm?
- Windows 8.1 delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 confirmation window?
- My computer is not showing a confirmation message before deleting folders?
- Windows 8.1 explorer confirm delete?
- Windows 10 delete folder confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 confirm file delete?
- Windows 8.1 activate delete confirmation when delete a file or folder?
- Win 8.1 delete file comfirmation?
- Windows 8.1 file delete confirmation?
- How to restore confirm delete files?
- Display delete confirmation dialog?
- File delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 no confirmation when deleting file or folder?
- No dialog box windows 8.1 delete?
- Windows 8.1 open file dialog?
- Windows 8.1 file explorer confirm file delete?
- Uninstall confirmation windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Windows 8.1 confirm delete file?
- No delete confirmation in windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Confirm before delete windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- How to disable confirmation for windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Show windows 8 delete confirmation?
- How to verify before you delate in windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- W8.1 show when files deleting?
- Windows server 2012 delete file dialog?
- Windows 8 confirm when delete file?
- Windows 8 message when delete?
- Windows 8.1 delete confirmation?
- Confirm delete in windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- How to delete activation files in windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Win 8 and Win 10 delete confirmation?
- Turn off windows 8.1 delete confirmation?
- Windos 8.1 and Win 10 confirm delete?
- Show delete confirmation win 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 10?
- Windows 8.1 or win 10 show delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 do you want to remove this file message?
Keywords: windows, display, delete, confirmation, dialog, 8.1, eight, when, file, folder, Questions, Answers, Software