Show delete confirmation dialog in Windows-8.1 when delete file!
The solution is simple to Display delete confirmation dialog in Windows-8.1, 8 and 10 when delete files or folder in Windows!
1.) ... Solution 1: to open Recycle Bin Folder Properties via MS-EXPLORER!
2.) ... Solution 2: to open Recycle Bin Folder Properties via run command!
See also: ... show Control Panel, My Computer, Recycle on Windows 8.1!
1.) Solution 1: to open Recycle Bin Folder Properties via MS-EXPLORER!
To show the delete confirmation when delete e.g. move the files to Recycle Bin, please start the Ms Explorer [Windows-E].
Use Right-Mouse-Click on Recycle and select Properties (... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
And Activate the Check-Box: Display delete confirmation dialog (... see Image-1 Arrow-2)
| (Image-1) Turn off/on the delete confirmation dialog in Windows-8.1 when delete file!
Important and Useful info from (c) Microsoft!
When you delete a file, it gets moved to the Recycle Bin, where it's stored temporarily. Think of the Recycle Bin as a safety net that allows you to recover files or folders that you might have accidentally deleted. To open the Recycle Bin in File Explorer, enter Recycle Bin in the address bar.
Occasionally, you should empty the Recycle Bin to reclaim all of the storage space being used by files you don't need anymore. To empty the Recycle Bin, right-click or press and hold it, and then tap or click Empty Recycle Bin.
2.) Solution 2: to open Recycle Bin Folder Properties via run command!
Pleas RUN command shell:RecycleBinFolder to open the Recycle in Windows 8.1 and right click in empty place in Explorer View!
Info (c) Microsoft:
If you have multiple partitions, hard drives, or an external HD connected to your computer, every location will have its own Recycle Bin settings. When changing the settings of the Recycle Bin via Properties dialog, under Recycle Bin Location, make sure you select the location you want to change. (... see Image-2 Arrow-4
| (Image-2) Show Recycle Bin Properties in Windows-8.1!
Info (c) Microsoft
The Recycle Bin has two different appearances: one when it's empty, and one when it has files or folders inside. You can customize the appearance of the Recycle Bin by changing one or both of these icons.
FAQ 154: Updated on: June 24th 2015 13:16
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to disable confirmation for windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 do you want to remove this file message?
- How to verify before you delate in windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 confirm file delete?
- How to delete activation files in windows 8.1?
- Windows 10 delete folder confirmation?
- Win 8 and Win 10 delete confirmation?
- Windos 8.1 and Win 10 confirm delete?
- Windows 8.1 file explorer confirm file delete?
- Windows 8 message when delete?
- Windows 8.1 and Win 10 delete confirmation?
- How to restore confirm delete files?
- Windows server 2012 delete file dialog?
- Windows 8.1 no confirmation when deleting file or folder?
- Show delete confirmation win 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 activate delete confirmation when delete a file or folder?
- Display delete confirmation dialog?
- Windows 8.1 confirm delete file?
- W8.1 show when files deleting?
- Windows 8.1 file delete confirmation?
- Delete options windows 8.1?
- Win 8.1 delete file comfirmation?
- Icons Look Distorted on Delete Confirmation in win8.1?
- Windows 8.1 open file dialog?
- No dialog box windows 8.1 delete?
- Uninstall confirmation windows 8.1?
- Turn off windows 8.1 delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 delete files confirm?
- My computer is not showing a confirmation message before deleting folders?
- Delete confirmation dialog in windows 8.1?
- No delete confirmation in windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 explorer confirm delete?
- Windows 8 confirm when delete file?
- Confirm before delete windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 or win 10 show delete confirmation?
- File delete confirmation?
- Show windows 8 delete confirmation?
- Windows 8.1 confirmation window?
- Confirm delete in windows 8.1?
Keywords: windows, display, delete, confirmation, dialog, 8.1, eight, when, file, folder, Questions, Answers, Software