How to start windows 8 in Safe Mode (Diagnostic-, Selective-, Normal- Startup)?
To start windows 8 or win 8 in Safe Mode (Safe boot) use system configuration!
Please press the key combination
[Win-Logo]+[R], then simply type the command msconfig.exe ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
and confirm that with [ENTER], or press the [OK] button.
Select Boot ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-2) and Save Boot ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-3)
to start Save Boot click or tap "Apply" ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
PS: Full path of msconfig.exe is "C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe"
1.) Windows 8 in Safe Mode.
1a.) Info about Windows 8 in Safe Mode.
2.) Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-, Startup in Windows-8.
2a.) Info: Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-, Startup in Windows-8.
Hot-Tip: ... How to make in Windows 8 restart with recovery options?
1.) Windows 8 in Safe Mode (Safe boot).
(Image-1) Safe Mode Windows-8 for Safe boot
1a.) Info about Windows 8 in Safe Mode (Safe boot).
Shows configuration options for the operating system and advanced debugging settings, including:
2.)Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-, Startup in Windows-8.
- Safe boot: Minimal. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface (Windows Explorer) in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking is disabled.
- Safe boot: Alternate shell. On startup, opens the Windows command prompt in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking and the graphical user interface are disabled.
- Safe boot: Active Directory repair. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface in safe mode running critical system services and Active Directory.
- Safe boot: Network. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking is enabled.
- No GUI boot. Does not display the Windows Welcome screen when starting.
- Boot log. Stores all information from the startup process in the file %SystemRoot% Ntbtlog.txt.
- Base video. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface in minimal VGA mode. This loads standard VGA drivers instead of display drivers specific to the video hardware on the computer.
- OS boot information. Shows driver names as drivers are being loaded during the startup process.
- Make all boot settings permanent. Doesn't track changes made in System Configuration. Options can be changed later using System Configuration, but must be changed manually. When this option is selected, you can't roll back your changes by selecting Normal startup on the General tab.
In System Configuration select General ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-2) Startup Selection ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-3) to start Save Boot click or tap "Apply" ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
(Image-2) Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-startup in Windows-8.
2a.) Info: Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-, Startup in Windows-8.
Lists choices for startup configuration modes:
Info (c) Microsoft.com
- Normal startup. Starts Windows in the usual manner. Use this mode to start Windows after you're done using the other two modes to troubleshoot the problem.
- Diagnostic startup. Starts Windows with basic services and drivers only. This mode can help rule out basic Windows files as the problem.
- Selective startup. Starts Windows with basic services and drivers and the other services and startup programs that you select.
System Configuration is a tool that can help identify problems that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. You can start Windows with common services and startup programs turned off and then turn them back on, one at a time. If a problem doesn't occur when a service is turned off, but does occur when that service is turned on, then the service could be the cause of the problem.
FAQ 66: Updated on: October 10th 2013 16:36
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to enter safe mode windows 8 on power on?
- Msconfig windows 8 make diagnostic startup permanent?
- Alternate for system diagnostics for windows8?
- Normal startup for windows 8 in desktop?
- Windows 8 safe boot active directory repair?
- Cannot set to normal startup in windows 8?
- Win8 msconfig selective startup?
- Windows 8 make all boot settings permanent?
- Windows 8 wrong screen resolution how to enter safe mode?
- Safemode windows 8 starter?
- How to remove diagnostic startup windows 8?
- How to enter safe mode in gui windows 8?
- Windows 8 can t start diagnosis?
- Windows 8 and booting diagnostic?
- Windows 2012 stuck in alternative shell startup?
- Stuck in windows 8 diagnostic startup screen?
- Windows 8 switch to vga mode key combination?
- Windows 8 password for safe mode?
- Windows 8 selective boot up with bios?
- How to change display settings to vga from windows 8 boot?
- Windows 8 safeboot drivers?
- Selective boot up with bios?
- Normal startup selected startup?
- What is diagnostic startup windows 8?
- Start indows 8 in normal mode?
- How to start win8 in safe mode?
- Windows 8 selective boot with bios?
- Safe boot windows 8 and alternate shell?
- Windows 8 diagnostic startup?
- Windows 8 system configuration diagnostic startup?
- Windows 8 system diagnostics?
- Stuck in windows 8 alternative shell mode?
- How do I get in diagonistic mode on windows 8?
- Window 8.1 Startup Selection Stuck on Selective startup ?
- Windows 8.1 start safe mode?
- How to fix win 8 with comand prompet stuck on logo?
- Starting windows 8 in safe mode during boot?
- Windows 8.1 Normal Startup cannot set startup to normal?
- Win 8 diagnostic?
- Windows 8 diagostis boot?
- How to get out of diagnostic startup?
- Stop windows 8 diagnosing?
- Exit windows 8 safe mode Alternate shell?
- Windows 8 stuck in selective startup?
- How to make selective startup for sc2?
- How to start windows 8 in normal mode?
- Windows 8 diagnostic boot?
- Startup normal ΠΈΠ»ΠΈ selective?
- Is safe mpde diagmpstoc startup?
- Selective startup windows 8?
- Best windows 8 diagnostics?
- Windows 8 and Changed msconfig settings, now I can't enter Windows problems?
- Diagnostics start up windows 8?
- How to get boot in to diag on windows 8?
- Windows 8 Mode Normal?
- Boot to diagnostics windos 8?
- Windows 8.1 MSCONFIG reverts back to selective startup from normal startup?
- Preboot diagnostics for windows 8.1?
- Selective boot up with bios windows 8.1?
- Diagnostic Startup Windows 8.1?
- Windows 8 normal startup or selective startup?
- Win 8 will not stay on normal boot, goes back to selective boot?
- Can you run diagnostics on windows 8 during reboot?
- Wow to open windows 8.1 in diagnostic mode?
- Windows 8 MS Config Normal Startup?
- How to get out of active directory repair In windows 8?
- Boot windows 8 in normal startup?
- How to change alternative safe mode to normal in windows 8?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, start, safe, mode, diagnostic-, selective-, normal-, startup, Questions, Answers, Software