How to start Windows 8.1 / 10 in Safe Mode (Diagnostic-, Selective-, Normal- Startup)?
To start Windows 8.1 or 10 in Safe Mode (Safe boot) please use the windows system configuration!
1. Please press the key combination [Win-Logo]+[R],
2. Then simply type the command msconfig.exe
( ... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
3. and confirm that with [ENTER], or press the [OK] button.
4. Select Boot ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-2) and Save Boot ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-3)
5. to start Save Boot click or tap "Apply" ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
PS: Full path of msconfig.exe is "C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe"
Content / info:
Hot-Tip: ► ... How to make in Windows 8 restart with recovery options?
1.) Windows 8 in Safe Mode (Safe boot).
(Image-1) Safe Mode Windows-8 for Safe boot
1a.) Info about Windows 8 in Safe Mode (Safe boot).
Shows configuration options for the operating system and advanced debugging settings, including:
2.)Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-, Startup in Windows-8.
- Safe boot: Minimal. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface (Windows Explorer) in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking is disabled.
- Safe boot: Alternate shell. On startup, opens the Windows command prompt in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking and the graphical user interface are disabled.
- Safe boot: Active Directory repair. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface in safe mode running critical system services and Active Directory.
- Safe boot: Network. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking is enabled.
- No GUI boot. Does not display the Windows Welcome screen when starting.
- Boot log. Stores all information from the startup process in the file %SystemRoot% Ntbtlog.txt.
- Base video. On startup, opens the Windows graphical user interface in minimal VGA mode. This loads standard VGA drivers instead of display drivers specific to the video hardware on the computer.
- OS boot information. Shows driver names as drivers are being loaded during the startup process.
- Make all boot settings permanent. Doesn't track changes made in System Configuration. Options can be changed later using System Configuration, but must be changed manually. When this option is selected, you can't roll back your changes by selecting Normal startup on the General tab.
In System Configuration select General ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-2) Startup Selection ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-3) to start Save Boot click or tap "Apply" ( ... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
(Image-2) Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-startup in Windows-8.
2a.) Info: Normal-, Diagnostic-, Selective-, Startup in Windows-8.
Lists choices for startup configuration modes:
Info (c) Microsoft.com
- Normal startup. Starts Windows in the usual manner. Use this mode to start Windows after you're done using the other two modes to troubleshoot the problem.
- Diagnostic startup. Starts Windows with basic services and drivers only. This mode can help rule out basic Windows files as the problem.
- Selective startup. Starts Windows with basic services and drivers and the other services and startup programs that you select.
System Configuration is a tool that can help identify problems that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. You can start Windows with common services and startup programs turned off and then turn them back on, one at a time. If a problem doesn't occur when a service is turned off, but does occur when that service is turned on, then the service could be the cause of the problem.
FAQ 66: Updated on: 3 July 2020 20:01
Windows 8.1 / 10 automatically creates restore points when programs are installed, system changes, installing drivers, etc Content / Tip / Solution: 1.
Solution to mount Windows 8 virtual disks: ISO images or VHD drives You can quite easily mount virtual drives in Windows 8 without additional software, such
It is very easily to switch between tabs in the Windows 8 Internet Explorer start screen app and windows seven, and 8.1 Via Keyboard the keyboard shortcut:
The new method to create a screenshot in Windows 10 and 8.1 and to auto-save it as a file Via keyboard shortcut [Window-Logo + PrtScn] Windows-8 auto-saved
Show hidden files folders, system files and file name extensions in MS File Explorer on Windows 8.1 / 10 Please start the MS-Explorer via keyboard shortcut
When wrong programs opens a file in Windows 8.1 / 10 , please start the Windows 8 Explorer 1. Use for example the keyboard shortcut [Windows Logo] + [E]
To set default programs in Windows 8.1 or 10 for file -extensions, -formats, -types, please open the "Default Programs" settings Info: Easy Solution to
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to boot into selective startup?
- Alternate for system diagnostics for windows8?
- How to make selective startup for sc2?
- Windows 8 wrong screen resolution how to enter safe mode?
- Windows 8.1 Normal Startup cannot set startup to normal?
- Boot windows 8 in normal startup?
- Windows 8 safe boot active directory repair?
- Starting windows 8 in safe mode during boot?
- Start windows normally on windows 8?
- Diagnostic Startup Windows 8.1?
- How to get out of diagnostic startup?
- Win 8 diagnostic, How to get out of diagnostic startup?
- How to start in diagnostic mode windows 7 toshiba?
- Best windows 8 diagnostics, how to get boot in to diag on windows 8?
- How to enter diagnose in Windows?
- How to start windows 8 in normal mode?
- Windows 8 normal startup or selective startup?
- Can you run diagnostics on windows 8 during reboot?
- Selective boot up with bios, Windows 8.1 misconfig diagnostic start up?
- Windows 8 system diagnostics?
- How to stop windows 8 diagnostics from starting on boot?
- How to remove diagnostic startup windows 8?
- Normal startup selected startup?
- Cannot set to normal startup in windows 8?
- How to start hp min on diagnostic screen?
- Win 8 will not stay on normal boot, goes back to selective boot?
- How to change alternative safe mode to normal in windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 start safe mode?
- Normal startup for windows 8 in desktop?
- How to go to safe mode in windows 8?
- Windows 8 safeboot drivers, how to get windows 8 to start in diagnostic mode?
- Wow to open windows 8.1 in diagnostic mode?
- Windows 8 password for safe mode?
- How to enter safe mode windows 10 x64?
- Windows 8 and booting diagnostic?
- Win8.1 diagnostics off?
- Preboot diagnostics for windows 8.1?
- Selective startup windows 8, diagnostic boot?
- Msconfig will not start in normal?
- Windows 8 can t start diagnosis?
- Pre boot diag to show on desktop?
- Windows self diagnostic mode?
- Windows startup diag mode?
- Is safe mpde diagmpstoc startup?
- Windows 8 wont start, wants to do a pc diagnostic?
- How to start a diagnostics at boot up?
- How to fix win 8 with comand prompet stuck on logo?
- How to turn diagnostic startup off without a window login?
- Windows 8.1 diagnostic mode?
- How to get out from selective mode?
- Windows 8 system configuration diagnostic startup?
- Windows 8 MS Config Normal Startup?
- Selective boot up with bios windows 8.1?
- Windows 8 and Changed msconfig settings, now I can't enter Windows problems?
- Windows 8.1 MSCONFIG reverts back to selective startup from normal startup?
- How to enter safe mode in gui windows 8?
- Windows 8 diagostis boot ergo Normal startup versus diagonistic startup?
- Start indows 8 in normal mode?
- Exit windows 8 safe mode Alternate shell?
- Msconfig windows 8 make diagnostic startup permanent?
- Windows 10 dianostics boot, Diagnostic mode in bios?
- Lenovo t420 cannot be changed to normal startup in msconfig?
- How to stop diagnostic mode in windows 8.1?
- How to change display settings to vga from windows 8 boot?
- Stop windows 8 diagnosing?
- Safemode windows 8 starter?
- How to enter safe mode windows 8 on power on?
- Windows 8 Mode Normal?
- Windows 8 start up diagnostics?
- Stuck in windows 8 alternative shell mode?
- Window 8.1 Startup Selection Stuck on Selective startup?
- Windows 10 no login after diagnostic startup?
- Windows 8 diagnostic startup?
- Windows 10 won't boot. goes into diagnostic?
- Win8 msconfig selective startup?
- Diagnostics start up windows 8?
- Windows 8 stuck in selective startup?
- Diagnostic start from selective?
- Stuck in windows 8 diagnostic startup screen?
- Start windows in diagnostics mdoe?
- How to boot into dianostics on windows 8.1?
- Safe boot windows 8 and alternate shell?
- Boot to diagnostics windos 8?
- Windows 8 selective boot with bios?
- To run network dianostic restart the computer in mormal mode?
- Diagnostic tool that shows startup and shutdown?
- Desktop keeps running diagnostic tool at start in win 8?
- How to start win8 in safe mode?
- What is diagnostic startup windows 8?
- Windows 8 diagnostic key?
- Windows 8 switch to vga mode key combination?
- Windows 2012 stuck in alternative shell startup?
- Get windows 8.1 to open in diagnsticmode?
- Windows 8.1 msconfig selective startup command?
- Windows 8 make all boot settings permanent?
- How to make window explorer active during booting?
- Windows 8 selective boot up with bios?
- To run network diagnostic restart the computer in normal mode?
- How do I get in diagonistic mode on windows 8?
- How to get out of active directory repair In windows 8?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, 10, ten, start, safe, mode, diagnostic-, selective-, normal-, startup, Questions, Answers, Software