Command line CMD background change color, but how, with example?
Also during the command input you can change the CMD background color by command and the text, here an example!
The color values can be indicated by two consecutive hexadecimal digits on Windows 11, 10, ... and MS Server OS!
1.) Change the background color and foreground color in the CMD!
The first hexadecimal digit defines the background of the prompt,
the second hexadecimal digit defines the foreground, or text color.
You can see the color options by command COLOR /?
Here is an example blue background yellow text! (... see Image-1)
Tip: The letters can be written small and capitalized.
| (Image-1) Command Prompt change background and text!
2.) Change the text and background color of the CMD!
Enter the color command without parameters to reset the color to default. (... see Image-2 Point 1)
| (Image-2) Reset background and colors changes!
3.) What should I consider when changing the CMD color?
Attempting to use the same foreground and background color will ignore this command.
Example color 11 = Blue / Blue:
When changing the CMD text color and the background color, the changes are not saved on the next startup, the CMD is started again with standard text and background color, usually black background and white text (foreground color) to permanently change the colors of cmd.exe, resp. To change prompt, you have to read this FAQ:
Too see all color help use color /?
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.184]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Sets the default console foreground and background colors.
attr Specifies color attribute of console output
Color attributes are specified by TWO hex digits -- the first
corresponds to the background; the second the foreground. Each digit
can be any of the following values:
0 = Black 8 = Gray
1 = Blue 9 = Light Blue
2 = Green A = Light Green
3 = Aqua B = Light Aqua
4 = Red C = Light Red
5 = Purple D = Light Purple
6 = Yellow E = Light Yellow
7 = White F = Bright White
If no argument is given, this command restores the color to what it was
when CMD.EXE started. This value either comes from the current console
window, the /T command line switch or from the DefaultColor registry
The COLOR command sets ERRORLEVEL to 1 if an attempt is made to execute
the COLOR command with a foreground and background color that are the
Example: "COLOR fc" produces light red on bright white
FAQ 34: Updated on: 5 October 2021 07:49
You can use PowerShell and / or cmd.exe to delete complete directories in one go with subdirectories on Windows 11, 10, Deleting of Directories Preface:
The solution is simple to disable and enable SmartScreen via CMD BATCH command and command prompt Smart Screen Internet Explorer disable C:\Windows\System32>REG
In Windows you can start programs via AT at a certain time without additional software programs Start the cmd.exe and use the command "AT" in the combination
In Windows you can copy via COPY command without file explorer, files and directories without additional software Start the cmd.exe and use the command
The command prompt on Windows 11, 10, etc. allows you to view / query shared folders and current sessions / open files The solution is quite simple
Time controlled Autostart of Windows 11, 10, etc. programs In new Windows OS you can use SCHTASK to start programs at a certain time Start the cmd.exe
Please use Eraser to delete sensitive data. It can also clean digital SD memory cards of all recoverable data As with Linux, Appels Mac OS and other systems
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- The black and white CMD console in Windows is too colorless for me, can I change the background and font colors, does someone show me how this works in the command prompt?
- Change background with cmd?
- Reset Windows colors via cmd?
- Alternatively, can I set the RGB values in the command prompt to my desired color and select the desired color for text in the console?
- Change cmd background?
- cmd change colors?
- remove windows background cmd command?
- Cmd on green?
- Cmd color green?
- Lodge script blue background?
- Windows command prompt text color?
- Cmd font color green?
- Batch text output colored how?
- I am looking for the solution to change CMD command prompt color how does something like that on MS Windows?
- Cmd change color just for one command?
- Would like to change the CMD color via settings, but don't trust me?
- Can the Windows command prompt CMD.EXE, which I start with the key combination Windows + R, also be made from black consoles and white letters to a setting so that the colors are not black, but have different colors, i.e. a window background with the desired color ?
- How do I change the background of cmd?
- Cmd command for change desktop background?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, server, eleven, console, command, line, background, change, color, with, example, input, text, Questions, Answers, Software