New shortcut without "shortcut" in the name under Windows!
If a new shortcut is created under Windows 11, 10, ... etc., the text "Shortcut with" or "- Shortcut" appears, which can be turned off quite easily!
If you do not want the text "- Shortcut" to appear when creating links under Windows 11, 10, ... etc., you must change the relevant entry in the Windows registry.
1.) New link without "link with"!
Start the Windows registry, preferably with the key combination Windows + R and the command regedit .
(... see Image-1 Point 1 and 2)
Now open the subkey:
and change the Link value to 00 00 00 00 ! (... see Image-1 Point 3 to 6)
Simply mark the first two digits and replace with 00
1E 00 00 00 = Windows 11, 10,
19 00 00 00 = Windows XP
| (Image-1) New shortcut without shortcut in the name under Windows 11, 10, ...!
2.) Don't forget to restart Explorer or Windows 11, 10, ...!
Caution! Do not create a Windows shortcut until you have restarted the computer. Otherwise the registry key will be reset. Or restart the file explorer!
Start the command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter the command taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
then just explorer.exe
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 5)
The example is quite simple, but it works on all Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
Tip ► Use Taskkill correctly and sensibly with Cmd.exe with examples
| (Image-2) Update Explorer Options Via MS-File-Explore restart!
3.) What should you watch out for when changing the new shortcut on Windows?
When removing the "- Shortcut" as a name in the link, nothing needs to be taken into account, except that you do not have to remove the specified link every time!
The link can be recognized as a link by the small arrow in the left corner!
(... see Image-3)
| (Image-3) New shortcut without -shortcut in the name!
4.) ... Old screenshot under XP without a new link!
Here in the picture it is under Windows 10, but this solution also works under Windows 11, 8.1, 7 ... and Windows Server systems, it is really easy and everyone can trust themselves!
| (Image-4) Windows shortcut without * shortcut with * text in the shortcut name!
This new shortcut without * shortcut with * in the name is suitable for: --- OS_Windows6 --- and older Windows operating systems, such as Windows 11, 12 and 13!
FAQ 39: Updated on: 24 September 2021 18:46
One wonders about the most important differences between OTF and TTF fonts and when it makes sense to use one First about TTF and OTF For the standard
No additional software is required to read HDD from 64-bit computers with data on 32-bit XP The only thing to note is that the data was not encrypted with
Sysinternals on Sysinternals.com, or live. Sysinternals.com for all Microsoft Windows Desktop and MS Server OS 1. The Sysinternals Suite Tools for
It is very easy to display drives under Windows, the solution in this example is suitable for Windows 10, 8.1 and all other operating systems, as well as
If the main memory under Windows is too busy, it is not the same amount of dust that was found when the Windows PC was opened You should open the PC occasionally
One wonders whether defragmenting or optimizing the hard disk or USB drive makes sense and whether it is necessary to do this under Windows or MAC OS Content:
If you buy an external USB-3 hard drive and it is not faster than USB-2, then you should check the following Content: 1. The most common cause is too
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Demand the computer speed for some time. The script displays the search result in a table. Activate the check boxes in front of the links you want to rename and select "OK".
- Addition “shortcut” added to the name of the file on the desktop, ie name of the shortcut without a shortcut!
- Doesn't want to have the addition “shortcut” in the name of a desktop shortcut can it also be removed is this possible under Windows 10 with the new entryA?
- Is there a registry entry that I can create manually, remove the addition "shortcut" on the desktop in Windows File Explorer or a folder there?
- Created on the desktop, then the addition “shortcut” is no longer displayed in the name of the file?
- File ending LNK so the link arrows are links in themselves clearly recognizable, who can show me using scripts is easier without "linking to" in Windows 10?
- Can I omit all links without "Link with" links created under Windowsal and the addition "Link with"?
Keywords: beginners, shortcut, without, quot, name, under, windows, created, text, appears, Questions, Answers, Software