When print set smaller font, so more of the directory tree fits on the page?
When printing under Windows, you can adjust the font or the aspect ratio (Zoom) in Directory Print of DirPrintOK!
Content / solution / tip:
1.) Adjusting the scaling / aspect ratio in the preview!
This is easy in DirPrintOK, by changing the aspect ratio in the print preview (of the folder expression). You can adjust the aspect ratio between 5% to 1000% with the right control.
Or conveniently via the drop-down menu. ( ... see picture-1 )
In this case not only the font is reduced, the aspect ratio proportionally reduced or enlarged. This makes it possible to place as much of the contents of the folder as possible on a page in a readable and clear manner, as it later appears when printing folder list on the every printer.
| (Image-1) Adjust the aspect ratio before printing in the preview!
Directory tree print out foreword:
Sure, who has too much time can try to solve these complex directory print out tasks with ancient tips from the Internet, but you will soon find out that PowerShell and the command prompt are not printing experts, yes you can continue to work on office programs , If you have a lot of time and boredom, you can try PowerShell and the command prompt and then as a normal user, who is very good at scripting, you will find that you cannot, but that is wrong, everyone can print a directory tree or a list, but not with an 80s solution that has not been deleted on the Internet and has been copied x times!
2.) Little tip for scaling and font size!
When printing the directories are 5% mostly illegible, as the 1000%;) But not only in the directory tree expression, but also if you want to print lists and folder contents. In short, with any kind of folder printouts and directory contents!
| (Image-2) Expression, font reduced!
Adjusting the typeface, or rather downsampling, so that more of the directory tree fits on the DIN A2, A3, A4, A5, ... page in DirPrintOK, it is very easy for the dictionary expression to be very handy as you can with different sheet formats the directory print also uses the maximum of the paper, do not be confused, the new screenshot has been made under Windows 10, but these functions are also suitable for all other versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
FAQ 1: Updated on: 27 August 2023 12:12
Its easy to display the file attributes to see them in the file list or in the file list printout on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server Everyone knows the:
You can set up the printer, or even the page at the directory printout and the Windows printing options are also saved Contents / Solution / Tip: 1.
It is often the case that you only need certain file types or file extensions for the printout, in Directory Print OK it is very easy Content / Print-Solutions
Printing the directory structure is very easy on Windows, not only in the new Windows 11 and 10, but also in the old operating systems, such as. 8.1 / 8.0
Yes As a rule, you can also print all the lists and folder contents displayed in the Explorer. Content / Solution / Tips: 1. The printing of folder
The columns to be printed for the directory expression can be selected in DirPrintOK , similar to the system file manager MS-Explorer. Content: 1. Column
Here you will find information how to save or load the columns for the folder printout Content / Solution: 1. Save current columns for the folder expression
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:
- It really is that on Windows there is no way for Microsoft to print file lists. DirPrintOK is a great tool for directory content printing with preview . For my purposes was no longer a screenshot of the print button. Shrink fonts so that more lines on a page will look great on the directory contents.?
- Printing document lists quite normally, in the office daily, sometimes useful to have document lists printed automatically, I tried with PowerShell to be able to print document lists but I need a small PowerShell command, this print does the document list is bad on the standard printer, do I need something that is simple and simple?
- Possibility to change the font size so that you can print a table of contents of a CD or DVD from Windows and enclose!?
- Decrease Font Size 15 to Printer, 14?
- PS: It does not matter whether it's printing out folder contents, printing a directory tree or list contents, I always use DirPrintOK. .... print directory with preview?
- I tried to make the directory tree with the console to a document. Printing with PowerShell also printed the directory tree with the automated folder despite the small command that is necessary. I do not want to do magic with the printer, we need a solution to get the problem with directory tree printing under control and no PDF file printer that is included with Windows 10 anyway, so something simple about the directory tree to several Pages or documents in the end what also works that is finished in seconds with several pages without an error, so at least certain folders without PowerShell or Task Manager are correctly listed as files or folders?
- Hello Software Support, I have DirPrintOK V2.77 installed and tested and I'm actually quite happy with the folder expression. Only the presentation and the expression could be made more effective. Often you only go to the 2nd or 3rd level and it would be useful if several columns were continuously displayed side by side and printed out. Especially when printing one often has many pages with almost nothing on it. Paper manufacturers and environmental protection are pleased. Also an adjustment of the font size for the Windows directory expression and more lines per page and a format for CD contents such as directories and folders would be very desirable.?
- I installed and tested DirPrintOK and I'm actually quite happy with the folder printout. Only the presentation and the printout could be made more effective. Often you only go to the 2nd or 3rd level and it would make sense if several columns were continuously displayed and printed out side by side. Especially when printing, you often have many pages with almost nothing on them. Paper manufacturers and environmental protection are happy. An adjustment of the font size for the Windows directory printout and more lines per page and a format for CD contents such as directories and folders would also be very desirable.?
- It really is that there is no way to print file lists on Microsoft Windows. DirPrintOK is a great tool for directory content printing with preview. For my purposes, a screenshot using the print button was no longer sufficient. Reduce font size so that more lines on a page when printing directory contents would be great, whether it be to print folder contents, print directory tree or list contents I always use DirPrintOK print directory with preview and the option to change the font size to include a table of contents Can you print a CD or DVD from Windows and enclose it?
Keywords: dirprintok, print, smaller, font, more, directory, tree, fits, page, printing, windows, 10, adjust, aspect, ratio, zoom, content, solution, Questions, Answers, Software