Hidden and System Files in MS Windows Explorer and Quad-Explorer, (show, hide)!
It is easy to show hidden and system files in the Explorer view, or optionally to hide them on Windows Desktop and Server OS!
As in Microsoft Windows Explorer, so also in Quad Explorer, simply change the settings / options system files, protected folders or the file extensions to recognize this better under Windows 10, 8.1, ... and also on MS Windows Server 2019, 2016, ... possible!
1.) Show hidden and system files or / and protected!
1. As always ... start the Quad Explorer on Windows
2. Open the main menu ► Extras ► System
3: Simply activate or deactivate:
Activate: "Show hidden files and folders"
Disable: "Hide protected and system files (recommended)"
4. Optional: Deactivate "Hide extensions for known file types"
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4)
| (Image-1) In Explorer Hidden and System Files show or hide!
The solution is, or the instruction is written for Windows 10, but you can also apply it to earlier versions of the Windows operating system, regardless of whether it is a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface GO / Pro, or server operating system.
2.) Optionally, activate the file extension and extensions in the Explorer column!
1. Open the "Tools" menu
2. Go to list view
3. Please activate the file extension in the type column
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 4)
Show extension only or file extension + MS Windows file -Type
The file extension in the column in the Explorer view under Windows is a popular extension, you can see the file extension much better. As you can see here in the screenshot, even if the file extension under MS Windows 10 is less and less important, it is an important reference point and recognition feature for many users!
| (Image-2) Show the file extension in Explorer Type-Column!
3.) What should I watch out for with activated system files or protected files?
Please be careful with the hidden files under Windows 10, 8.1, ... and other MS Server OS!
With all Windows operating systems, the protected system files can be displayed in no time at all. Please note, however, that some of these files are not
inherently hidden for no reason. If incorrect changes, deletions, renaming of system necessary files are made without knowledge of the Windows system, there may be problems with the system or execution of programs or system failures!
To show or hide the hidden files and folders in Explorer View of Q-Dir, is also possible in the File Manager!
Like any operating system, Windows keeps some of its files hidden. The developers of Microsoft did this so that users could not accidentally delete or modify important system files, so be careful with the hidden files under windows also in Q-Dir Explorer.
However, there are occasional situations where access to hidden system folders and files is simply necessary. It's also worth adding that Windows protects files from prying eyes and user folders with files to protect privacy. To hide and display hidden and system files in the Windows operating system.
4.) ... Activate hidden files and folders in Microsoft Windows Explorer!
Please open via the Windows 10 Control Panel the Folder Options now File Explorer Options.
(... see Image-1 Arrow-1 to 3)
1. Click on the View tab (... see Image-1 Arrow-4)
2. And set the corresponding check mark the Show hidden files, folders and drives
(... see Image-1 Arrow-5)
Here, several options are available, see: Advanced Options files and folders!
| (Image-1) hidden files and folders in Windows-10!
FAQ 108: Updated on: 3 August 2020 16:50
It is easy to change font size in cells of Explorer Views, but this function is still in the development stage You can change the font size
When the File Manager runs under your admin mode and for example 7zip in normal user account a medium integrity level This is the security in Windows
The solution is simple to show folder total size in the File-Explorer Status-Bar of the Quad-Explorer Q-Dir You can see File Information in the Microsoft
The solution is simple to Open in new process via right-click menu, menu item is not removed in Quad-Explorer 1. Please start the Q-Dir 2. and when you
The option Soft-Refresh to prevent listing or re-sorting of the list view, eg with Drop, Paste, Refresh If this option is enabled in the file manager Q-Dir
The solution to see only new Q-Dir Strings for not full translation, only the strings with the changes See Image 1 and 2 ;- Image-1 Q-Dir translation
One can influence the ini file, at 7.75 is easy to have the two quad explorer with separate settings For example 1. Assign "Q-Dir_x64 ini=Audio.exe" in
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to see the hidden files in file explorer?
- Download Windows hidden files options for Explorer View, for free?
- If I want to display protected system files under Windows in Q-Dir, can I make such changes to the operating system without hesitation?
- How to get to hidden files options in Explorer View?
- How i find out hidden files options option in Explorer View?
- Where is hiberfil.sysshow system files in dirshow system files in dir?
- List View show hidden files?
- Hide file in windows explorer?
- Where do i find hidden files options in Explorer View, to paint an image?
- How to find what Explorer View extension will open a internet file saved?
- If you want to view protected system files in Windows 8.1 and 10, search for the option to select Show hidden folders in the settings for folder options?
- Show hidden files and options in Explorer View?
- List View hidden files?
- Download Microsoft hidden files options Explorer View, and Shortcut for hidden files options in Explorer View?
- What do I have to watch out for when changing or deleting hidden Windows system folders?
- Where is microsoft hidden files options in List View?
- Hidden files options program for Explorer View?
- How to open up Microsoft hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Show protected system files under Windows, can the protected system files be displayed in Quad-Explorer in a few simple steps?
- How to find the ms hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Can not find on Explorer View computer the hidden files options?
- Q-dir show less files?
- Where is the hidden files options on Explorer View?
- Q-dir view extension?
- Shortcut of hidden files in List View?
- Can't find the hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Show hidden folders Explorer View?
- How to open hidden folders in Explorer View?
- Shortcut key for hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Hidden files options doesn't open Explorer View?
- Wondering if I can view the protected Windows system files in Quad Explorer for Windows as well as in Microsoft Windows File Explorer?
- Show hidden files in Explorer View?
- Where is hidden files options.exe in Explorer View?
- Search extensions folder missing in Explorer View?
- How do i find hidden files options in Explorer View, wheres hidden files options on Explorer View?
- How to see hidden files Explorer View?
- What is the shortcut for hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Show hidden icon Explorer View?
- Explorer View show hidden files?
- Where do you find hidden files options in Explorer View?
- View hidden files Explorer View?
- Where did the standard hidden files options from windows go, like paint, List View?
- View hidden icons in explorer, Explorer View dir don't show directory name?
- MS hidden files options for Explorer View?
- Explorer View hidden files options directory and folder?
- Missing hidden folders Explorer View?
- What is the hidden files options for Explorer View?
- All shortcut of hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Hidden files options download Explorer View?
- I can't find hidden files options in Explorer View, Where is hidden files options in Explorer View?
- For example, how can I access the system files, the protected Windows system files that are hidden?
- Setting hidden file Explorer View from file path?
- Why are hidden files showing on List View?
- Within a folder, I much prefer to see ALL the items, rather than being limited to the first 10 until clicking . That is, I would like the option of defaulting to Show All. If this option already exists, please tell me where, because I have not found it.?
- How to run exe program on Explorer View desktop via cmd?
- Q-dir can not show some files?
- Where is hidden files options on Explorer View?
- Is there any way for Q-Dir to ignore the desktop.ini file? For example, \Windows\assembly does not show the actual files. I don't want Explorer to change, only Q-Dir.?
- How to find hidden files options in Explorer View?
- How to start hidden files options in Explorer View?
- Open folder files not displayed Explorer View?
- Where can i find hidden files options in Explorer View?
Keywords: hidden, system, files, windows, explorer, quad-explorer, show, hide, folders, explore, view, q-dir, also, possible, file, manager, want, change, settings, Questions, Answers, Software